Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

4-charge specials in general are usually panned, and the ones that do get used are usually on high defense units that prefer Ignis or Glacies instead. So not really

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
astra is overkill as gently caress but yum yum those numbers tho??

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I don't think I've ever seen lilina with her special charged fail to get the kill

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

tanks tend to want a decent special, which is why I instantly slapped Iceberg on Canas, Bonfire on Xander, etc

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~
I've seen people put Astra on dancer mages.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
The only problem with those AOE specials is if your target has Vantage, which will activate after the AOE but before you actually attack.

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared
Unit rundown:

Cordelia: Knight Paradise - Lance Cavalier
Weapon: Shell Lance+ - Grants +2 to all four stats on initiation during combat. That's gonna be fun to refine. This weaponskill is the theme of the banner.
Support: Harsh Command
Special: N/A
A: Sturdy Blow: +4 Atk/Def on initiation. So she gets +6 Atk/Def on initiation with her base kit. Neat!
B: Dull Close (:siren:New Skill!:siren:) - Disables visible buffs on enemy melee units. Was wondering when we'd get this!
C: N/A
Note: Dull Close being on a seasonal unit is absolute bullshit when its partner in crime Dull Ranged is from the easily-available M!Morgan.

Noire: Shade Seeker - Bow Fighter
Weapon: Cocobow+ - Same effect as Shell Lance+.
Support: Ardent Sacrifice
A: Atk/Spd
B: N/A
C: Infantry Rush (:siren:New Skill!:siren:) - Applies Heavy Blade (extra CD charge per attack if Atk > enemy's) to all teammates withing 2 tiles. Yay, more infantry skills!
Note: Ranged infantry that prefer Spd over Atk (like Noire herself if her trailer is any indication) seem to be good users of Infantry Rush.

Innes: Flawless Form - Axe Dragon
Weapon: Beach Banner+ - Same effect as Shell Lance+, but in Axe flavor.
Support: Rally Atk/Def - This is a hard skill to get. The only non-limited unit it's on is Rhajat
A: N/A
B: Def Feint (:siren:New Skill!:siren:) - Remember Spd Feint from Bridal Tharja? It's that but for Def instead. Softening up targets for melee just became a lot easier.
C: Goad Fliers
Note: Feints are underestimated! They're the easiest way to apply debuffs in the game at no risk to yourself! Personally I'm waiting for Atk Feint.

Tana: Noble and Nimble - Red Flier
Weapon: Fruit of Iðunn - Halloween Nowi's Grimoire by another name, it allows any unit within 2 spaces to move to a tile adjacent to her. Unlike Grimoire though, this grants Spd+3.
Support: Rally Spd/Res
A: Atk/Spd Push (:siren:New Skill!:siren:) - Celica's Ragnarok as an A Skill! Grants Atk/Spd+5 in combat if they're at full HP, but does 1 damage after combat if they land a hit. (Ragnarok did 5 damage after combat.)
B: Renewal
C: Spur Atk/Def - I won't object to seeing this again as the only source of it was Sword Reinhardt.
Note: Why is Tana stealing everyone's poo poo?

SL the Pyro fucked around with this message at 07:25 on Jun 20, 2018

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Atk/Spd is already on Nephenee (can't blame it if no one remembers the double stat skills :v:) but otherwise yeah.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

blizzardvizard posted:

Atk/Spd is already on Nephenee (can't blame it if no one remembers the double stat skills :v:) but otherwise yeah.

I just want a atk/spd seal

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Pretty sure Neph has Def/Spd?

Edit: Nope.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

SL the Pyro posted:

C: Infantry Rush (:siren:New Skill!:siren:) - Applies Heavy Blade (extra CD charge per attack if Atk > enemy's) to all teammates within 2 tiles.

Wow it took me until this summary to actually understand what infantry rush does instead of the overcomplicated mess my mind was making it, so thank you very much, good post.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded
Why does the lad with the flag have a cooler dragon than the other dragon riders?

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Flag-lad

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

did i miss the new summer character skill announcements?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

tithin posted:

did i miss the new summer character skill announcements?

yeah, the video is in the notice board

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
in other news, the inane paralogue chatter has cordelia angsting over noire's cup size, which is exactly what i want, thank you intsys :thumbsup:

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

ungulateman posted:

in other news, the inane paralogue chatter has cordelia angsting over noire's cup size, which is exactly what i want, thank you intsys :thumbsup:

Aww Cordy. You're already the best unit in the game. (Apart from Shigure)

Although doesn't she do the same thing with Tharja in the beach DLC?

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Natural 20 posted:

Aww Cordy. You're already the best unit in the game. (Apart from Shigure)

Although doesn't she do the same thing with Tharja in the beach DLC?

Not localized, at least. The breast discussion is the Anna conversation. The Tharja talk is about how Tharja deals with the potential embarrassment of wearing such... daring clothing.

(The answer is curses.)

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
She started talking how hot Tharja is and then spend the whole time negging her

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Tired Moritz posted:

She started talking how hot Tharja is and then spend the whole time negging her

New shipping content ahoy.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
i could imagine like, running someone else with infantry rush and giving alm glimmer/moonbow so he could hit once, and then slam the enemy with his special on his second hit :getin:

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

i could imagine like, running someone else with infantry rush and giving alm glimmer/moonbow so he could hit once, and then slam the enemy with his special on his second hit :getin:

Alm :getin:

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
I had 12 orbs left so I decided, okay, 2 more chances to get Karla.

Roll 1: 1 Red, gently caress

... There are way worse options.

Roll 2: No Red... gently caress

Okay lets roll Green

A 2nd Nino! +Spd -Atk, I already have a Nino, so either Merge or Fodder off for Swift Sparrow.

facepalmolive
Jan 29, 2009
Alm doesn't have particularly high Atk though, so the Heavy Blade effect wouldn't trigger. I'm more excited for the Basilikos bros (with desperation) or some sort of Wo Dao shenanigans.

I guess this continues my streak of having unpopular opinions, but I actually quite like how Noire looks? Probably one of my favorites in FEH, though the number of designs I like aren't all that many. My first reaction was 'wow, the vivid green color scheme and the bow are really striking and pretty.' My second reaction was 'holy poo poo she's slutty' -- I am clearly not the target demographic they are pandering to here. I like the Argyle/checkerboard pattern on her nonsensical leg-cloth-thing, and I think it works better here than the screenshots I've seen from Awakening.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

facepalmolive posted:

Alm doesn't have particularly high Atk though, so the Heavy Blade effect wouldn't trigger. I'm more excited for the Basilikos bros (with desperation) or some sort of Wo Dao shenanigans.

I guess this continues my streak of having unpopular opinions, but I actually quite like how Noire looks? Probably one of my favorites in FEH, though the number of designs I like aren't all that many. My first reaction was 'wow, the vivid green color scheme and the bow are really striking and pretty.' My second reaction was 'holy poo poo she's slutty' -- I am clearly not the target demographic they are pandering to here. I like the Argyle/checkerboard pattern on her nonsensical leg-cloth-thing, and I think it works better here than the screenshots I've seen from Awakening.

My +ATK +1 Alm with an attack seal has 62 ATK when initiating without buffs which is more than enough in most cases

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

they uhhhh really captured her slouched, scrawny appearance from awakening

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

A lot of builds you see in arena also emphasize speed/defenses over Atk so you usually don't need that high of an Atk to proc Heavy Blade.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

blizzardvizard posted:

A lot of builds you see in arena also emphasize speed/defenses over Atk so you usually don't need that high of an Atk to proc Heavy Blade.

Yep.

And if they do emphasize ATK, chances are that they aren’t surviving an initiation from Alm in the first place

facepalmolive
Jan 29, 2009

Andrast posted:

My +ATK +1 Alm with an attack seal has 62 ATK when initiating without buffs which is more than enough in most cases

Oh, that's not bad at all. My -spd/+some defensive stat hits like a wet noodle and never ceased to disappoint. I've only refined his weapon so far and while he occasionally actually kills things now, I still haven't been impressed. Maybe if I'd actually invested in him...

I'm already using Marth as my combat healer, utility drive guy, and dedicated dragon killer. The guy's been doing work for me, so I've been neglecting my Alm.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

facepalmolive posted:

Oh, that's not bad at all. My -spd/+some defensive stat hits like a wet noodle and never ceased to disappoint. I've only refined his weapon so far and while he occasionally actually kills things now, I still haven't been impressed. Maybe if I'd actually invested in him...

I'm already using Marth as my combat healer, utility drive guy, and dedicated dragon killer. The guy's been doing work for me, so I've been neglecting my Alm.

My use for Alm is basically just as a tactical nuke for AA.

Marth is on my main team and is as far as I’m concerned one of the best units in the game.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Having seen Noire's unique skill I'm no longer sure which summer unit is now my second-most-desired one after Tana. I absolutely have a spot for her.

wanda
Dec 8, 2010

Lube Enthusiast posted:

they uhhhh really captured her slouched, scrawny appearance from awakening

maybe she was fed a few levels.

or she might be a washboard beneath those clothes in the left image anyway, you never know

I like Noire anyway. didn't expect to be rolling colorless so soon (last time was spring)

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

wanda posted:

maybe she was fed a few levels.

or she might be a washboard beneath those clothes in the left image anyway, you never know

I like Noire anyway. didn't expect to be rolling colorless so soon (last time was spring)

Maybe after killing a God she gained the confidence to stand up straight?

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
okay so

do i want to roll for dull close to give to selena

or wait for a legendary banner with evil celia to feed chill speed to selena

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Clawtopsy posted:

okay so

hunting for specific characters on legendary banners is a lesson in pain

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

on the other hand chill speed is so much more useful than dull close, they're not remotely comparable

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Clawtopsy posted:

okay so

Got get a Bridal Tharja and give her Speed Feint then use a Rally Skill as a controllable Chill/Ploy skill.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

blizzardvizard posted:

on the other hand chill speed is so much more useful than dull close, they're not remotely comparable

something poetic about feeding cordelia to severa tho

Oneavi
Dec 10, 2011

Boxbot was head of security.

blizzardvizard posted:

my eirika has chill speed and it's extremely nuts how hard it swings encounters in your favor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

stats for summer characters: https://imgur.com/a/HBxV3HR#epYQFkV

Innes looks pretty good.