Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Rate the Thread!
This poll is closed.
0 0%
0 0%
0 0%
0 0%
7 100.00%
Total: 7 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

extremebuff posted:

games available to people who die and go to hell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

elf help book posted:

an actual official dragon age facebook game that people bought hundreds of dollars of currency for looked like this garbage

Lmfao

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

elf help book posted:

an actual official dragon age facebook game that people bought hundreds of dollars of currency for looked like this garbage

btw the lead designer ubisoft got to work on this was Soren Johnson, lead designer of Civ 4 lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

oh yeah...that happened

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

remember back when every e3 show had a part about "second screen interactions" where you could be playing a console game and your friend could help from their phone version of the game and no one on earth actually wanted this at all

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The coolest one was the GT game where you could use your PSP as a rear view mirror.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

extremebuff posted:

that looks like the lovely digimon flash games people would make on newgrounds

this reminds me that Castle Crashers was basically a Newgrounds game and somehow kind of enjoyable

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
ian bogost is whatever, but the fact that he made money with his cow clicker parody is completely loving nuts
http://bogost.com/games/cow_clicker/

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgpKgsumG5E

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

And filling in for George Harrison is........ Cornelius Boots!

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Bicyclops posted:

my man

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

ç,fap

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Bicyclops posted:

lol

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

you should have found a shot that shows sonic boom on a button

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

*kid in a fortnite snapback looking under the control panel and around the side of the cab for the buttons with the easy combos on it*

whatis
Jun 6, 2012

I never played the full game, but I did play the 10 minute demo over and over again to set everyone on fire using the taser

whatis
Jun 6, 2012

First-person action/stealth game that was made using a flight sim engine for some reason. Each map had a small military base in the very center that you were supposed to infiltrate. Surrounding the bases were incomprehensibly huge environments (like, hundreds of square kilometers) that were fully explorable, completely empty, and offered absolutely nothing to players, effectively making it one of the first "see those mountains over there?" games.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

whatis posted:

I never played the full game, but I did play the 10 minute demo over and over again to set everyone on fire using the taser

Pretty sure the taser being like 200 yards long was a bug that playtesters liked so they just left it in, lol. This was my first PSX game so I have fond memories of it.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxVubAHxpuM

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

that happened??

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

mycophobia posted:

that happened??

DemoniusX says its pretty deece.

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

mycophobia posted:

that happened??

it originally came out for PS2 in 2002; the Wii version was released in 2008. they did make some changes, most notably the protagonist's appearance:

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Action Jacktion posted:

it originally came out for PS2 in 2002; the Wii version was released in 2008. they did make some changes, most notably the protagonist's appearance:

Papa Nier...

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Action Jacktion posted:

bleuhh

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Would Nier Replicant fit this thread or the other one?

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
early D2 had a glitch with the Necromancer's Bone Wall spell, where it could actually drop items, leading to people using it to farm items (i think it had a decent drop table). apparently most summons when killed were still considered a piece of the player, but bone walls would be considered enemies if the player went far enough away from them, leading to drops as they despawned.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yk6WQlYMqWw

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

I remember when they announced this they did a big spiel about how much research they did to be historically accurate, then showed the first level where you fight atop the walls of Sparta (the city famous for not having walls).

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

P-Mack posted:

I remember when they announced this they did a big spiel about how much research they did to be historically accurate, then showed the first level where you fight atop the walls of Sparta (the city famous for not having walls).

You fight medusa at one point

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Sharkopath posted:

good, shes evil

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Sharkopath posted:

Also a Minotaur and Beowulf. The main villain of the game is Ares and the secondary villain is a Roman necromancer. I can’t shake the feeling that historical accuracy wasn’t a major concern.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

I get the impression that it was originally meant to be a more grounded take on ancient war (like Total War) but God of War came out and became a huge hit right after they announced the game so they decided to hop on that train halfway through development.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Probably so, cutting through hundreds of regular soldiers in a big battle was easily the best part.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I looked on the Wiki article and the game has Tiberius and Leonidas who lived almost 500 years apart

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011