Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION

bessantj posted:

I dropped the network soon after Backlash but:

Was the Gargano/Ciampa rematch any good?
Was the Styles/Nakamura at MITB any good?
How well is Asuka being used?

Thank you for your time on these questions.

yes
pretty good
got beat by a james ellsworth distraction

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

bessantj posted:

I dropped the network soon after Backlash but:

Was the Gargano/Ciampa rematch any good?
Was the Styles/Nakamura at MITB any good?
How well is Asuka being used?

Thank you for your time on these questions.

1. Strong yes.
2. One of if not the best of their feud so far, but started slow and Nakamura should've won.
3. She lost to Carmella because she was staring at Ellsworth standing on the ring apron for nearly a full minute. NOT GREAT.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

1. Great I loved their first match
2. Good.
3. Do I want to know why she was staring at James Ellsworth? He can be kinda odd looking but he's not that odd.

EDIT: Were the MITB matches any good?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Yes!
Yeah.
LMAO

PASS THE MASH
Oct 30, 2013

bessantj posted:

1. Great I loved their first match
2. Good.
3. Do I want to know why she was staring at James Ellsworth? He can be kinda odd looking but he's not that odd.

EDIT: Were the MITB matches any good?

You don’t want to know. Both were real good.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

I'm glad both the MITB matches were good, they had some good line ups.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
The last couple of pages caused me to remember "The New Rockers," consisting of Marty Jannetty and Al Snow ("Leif Cassidy" - though way too early, an FCW-rear end name if there ever was one). I mean that went about as well as you would expect. I recall them having a really good "Free For All" (PPV pre-show) match vs the Body Donnas at. I think the last thing Marty did (before the mid-2000's cameo appearances) was to basically be enhancement talent for a debuting Goldust?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Minidust posted:

The last couple of pages caused me to remember "The New Rockers," consisting of Marty Jannetty and Al Snow ("Leif Cassidy" - though way too early, an FCW-rear end name if there ever was one). I mean that went about as well as you would expect. I recall them having a really good "Free For All" (PPV pre-show) match vs the Body Donnas at. I think the last thing Marty did (before the mid-2000's cameo appearances) was to basically be enhancement talent for a debuting Goldust?

He was a jobber in WCW for a couple years.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
I like how he was a sort of upper-jobber who beat Virgil and Barry Horowitz but lost to anyone even a little bit cool.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Did Marty Jannetty ever face Paul Roma in WCW. this is important

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Almost certain he did not, sorry.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Marty beat Shawn for the IC title. People forget that.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
That was during Sherri's brief babyface run where she was mad Shawn dumped her so managed Tatanka and Marty to get back at him, right?

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

MassRafTer posted:

He was a jobber in WCW for a couple years.

I'm pretty sure he was the guy Jericho beat in about a minute before he started reading out all of his 1,004 moves

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Jason Sextro posted:

I'm pretty sure he was the guy Jericho beat in about a minute before he started reading out all of his 1,004 moves

I watched the clip recently and, yep.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

Minidust posted:

They got the name Leif Cassidy by taking two 70s teen heartthrobs, Leif Garrett and Shaun Cassidy, and putting them together.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

It must have been David Cassidy.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

In spite of the last posting, it may have been Shaun Cassidy.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Why do all undercard/Indy wrestlers seemingly live in community houses with blank white walls

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Well the goal is eventually to get called up so you don't want to buy too much I guess?

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Aesop Poprock posted:

Why do all undercard/Indy wrestlers seemingly live in community houses with blank white walls

When you're always on the road, you don't need an expensive place to live.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Aesop Poprock posted:

NXT wrestlers make really lovely money.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

This is kind of morbid but did Rick Rude cut his penis off and/or kill himself? I was sure that he at least had done the latter but I'm not sure.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

TV Zombie posted:

This is kind of morbid but did Rick Rude cut his penis off and/or kill himself? I was sure that he at least had done the latter but I'm not sure.

No, to both. He died of heart failure.

(Cut his penis off? What?)

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

TV Zombie posted:

Rick Rude died of an overdose. I have never heard the penis story and I'm sure if he had I'd have heard the story by now.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Austin told an incredible story about Rude on his podcast.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYJ2jwyYdV4

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

rare Magic card l00k posted:

Rick Rude died of an overdose. I have never heard the penis story and I'm sure if he had I'd have heard the story by now.

I thought it was enlarged heart stuff from steroids.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

A lapsed fan was asking about rumors regarding Rick Rude and I remember him dying tragically but wasn't sure how.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Von Linus posted:

I thought it was enlarged heart stuff from steroids.

Heart failure due to overdose, so I imagine the steroids played a role.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Rude beating the poo poo out of the Ultimate Warrior made him a backstage hero.

JK!
May 10, 2007

EZ-PZ!
Does anyone remember John Petrie's Monday night recaps from way back in the day? He was one of the few entertaining ones I used to read. I've been going through them again off and on and it's awesome being able to relive what the feeling was like during the Monday Night Wars and hearing what the current rumors and innuendos are. Even more so when I can fire up WWE Network and re-watch the big segments. It's a fun little trip down memory lane.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

I think someone confused Rick Rude with Val "I choppy your pee-pee" Venis

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Rude was apparently a James Dalton-esque legend as a bouncer, story went that if he slapped you with his right hand, you wouldn't be causing any more trouble

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

That is supposedly what he did to Warrior. Warrior was stiffing him. "You do that one more time and I'm slapping you." Warrior stiffed him. SLAP

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

TV Zombie posted:

No, seriously, where did you hear that Rick Rude had castrated himself? :psyboom:

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

I heard Rick Rude not only cut off his penis he cut off the penis's of the entire locker room and then wore the penises as a necklace.

I know this is true as my friends uncle works for wwe, Nintendo division.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Rude was apparently a James Dalton-esque legend as a bouncer, story went that if he slapped you with his right hand, you wouldn't be causing any more trouble

I'd heard several times he did that to PN News and knocked him out.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon

The Croc posted:

I heard Rick Rude not only cut off his penis he cut off the penis's of the entire locker room and then wore the penises as a necklace.

I know this is true as my friends uncle works for wwe, Nintendo division.

i find this really hard to believe. do you think we are all fools?

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

No, seriously, where did you hear that Rick Rude had castrated himself? :psyboom:

I wonder if it's the same place that I heard that the Ultimate Warrior quit because the Macho Man sexually assaulted* him.

*It was explained to me that "sexual assault" was when you taped a knife to your boner

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

Verily, the whip is ghost riding.

What is going on with The Great Sauske?

He wasn't all Trumped up (heh) at Spring Break was he?