Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

Ghost Leviathan posted:

NPC Octolings are a bit jarring because they don't act like players, though I find between your increased durability in single player and their poor reactions, rushing them usually works.

Apparently, Marina is 18 and Pearl is 21. Whoa, dwarf squid. At least this means they can get married.

She's tiny because her height was stunted by jellyfish shocks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serenade
Nov 5, 2011

"I should really learn to fucking read"

Harrow posted:

Do Inklings and Octolings have similar lifespans and aging as humans?

I'm asking because I'm pretty sure there's actually an answer to this because this game has surprisingly detailed lore

Bold assumption that they can die. Agent 8’s failures didn’t stop them

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

lmao what the hell

:woomy:

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Harrow posted:

I'm asking because I'm pretty sure there's actually an answer to this because this game has surprisingly detailed lore

At the very least, we know that they mature at roughly equal rates to humans - most of our squidkids and octo-kids are mid-teens, and S1 mentioned that most start Turf Warring at 14.

Full lifespan hasn't been revealed, but we do know they can live for freakin' ages. Both Cuttlefish and Octavio are more than a century old, and while Cuttlefish is looking a bit decrepit, Octavio is still the octo equivalent of ripped as gently caress for a dude over a century.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Apparently, Marina is 18 and Pearl is 21. Whoa, dwarf squid. At least this means they can get married.

And yep, Pearl is actually an adult Inkling. She's older than the Squid Sisters, even. It's a bit unclear if the shocks explanation isn't kind of tongue-in-cheek, though. :v:

The Manticore
Aug 23, 2008

Did you mean to make that post, or were you just pushing keys at random?
Pearl is a pygmy squid actually.

Excited for vampire squid in Splat 3.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

The Manticore posted:

Excited for vampire squid in Splat 3.

Also giant squid.

It'll be like the cast of beloved classic Donkey Kong 64

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

So I can guess why Octolings aren’t on the surface but what about all the other species in the Underground? Do they choose to live down there or do the squids force them down there too?

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

I’ve only been playing this game since January but this is the first splatfest where I feel like I have an emotional stake in this. You pulp drinkers are loving weirdos and I can’t wait to send you underground with all the other fishy freaks where you belong. :commissar:

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

:yeah::woomy:
Classic content.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Dr. VooDoo posted:

So I can guess why Octolings aren’t on the surface but what about all the other species in the Underground? Do they choose to live down there or do the squids force them down there too?
I was under the assumption that whole affair was caused by Tartar.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/NintendoVS/status/1009496104415531008

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

is that a mimosa??

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
:siren: Splatfest schedules :siren:

• US/AU/NZ Pulp vs. No-Pulp @ June 22nd 21:00 PT / June 23rd 00:00 ET / June 23rd 14:00 AET
  • EU Pulp vs. No-Pulp @ June 23rd 16:00 CET
All Splatfests last for 24 hours.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Splatfest on the same day as Mario strikers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wol70cBLNd8

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Harrow posted:

Not sure, but the artbook from 1 says that Cuttlefish extended his lifespan by sundrying himself. Though it came at the cost of weakening him physically and left him unable to produce much ink. So he's basically a raisin. No explanation on how Octavio accomplished a similar feat.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
Octavio obviously used SCIENCE!

The Manticore
Aug 23, 2008

Did you mean to make that post, or were you just pushing keys at random?

Night Blade posted:

Splatfest on the same day as Mario strikers.

If only.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Splatfest should have been Tennis vs. Paintball

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Splatfest should have been Tennis vs. Paintball

so relevant to today's youth!

Up next:

Water Polo vs Cross Country Skiing

then:

Fortran vs COBOL

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

The Bloop posted:

Fortran vs COBOL

Suicide.

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

BRING IT ON BRING IT ON YEAH

Wrist Watch posted:

You pulp drinkers are loving weirdos and I can’t wait to send you underground with all the other fishy freaks where you belong. :commissar:

gently caress you! :argh:

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

If you like pulp that much, eat a goddamn orange

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
but it feels so gross, in cuisine, lumpiness is a catastrophe, unless you're making mashed potatoes, there should be no lumps.

just gross.

it's like tiny hairs in your throat.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

imagine being afraid of orange in your orange juice

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
Do you heathens put bits of apple in your apple juice? chips in your chocolate juice? milk chunks?

Naw, take all that out it's not needed no one needs it.

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
It's all sugar anyway.

Serenade
Nov 5, 2011

"I should really learn to fucking read"
who drinks apple juice in tyool 2018

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/thephsyguy/status/1009377953623375872

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
You can get chocolate milk with chocolate chips in but, speaking as a chocolate milk enthusiast, it’s total overkill and makes it way gross.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I take it back who doesn’t love pulp? I mean just look at this video showing a glass of cold, refreshing pulp orange juice being poured. Who could turn that down?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

MohShuvuu posted:

no pulp is just sunny d

Sunny d is cool and good :colbert:

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Overbite posted:

your chocolate juice?

Err what

:biotruths:

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Finally palying the Octo Expansion

Octo Expansion is very good

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
No pulp.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Improbable Lobster posted:

Finally palying the Octo Expansion

Octo Expansion is very good

It's badass. I especially like all the music they did for it

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Are the bebop-y and Western-y songs I’m hearing in matches now Octo music? Never heard them before but I also didn’t play for months before the DLC came out so I don’t know if they were added earlier. I loving love them (if anyone has YouTube links they would be appreciated!)

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
I prefer my juice to be juice and not sludge

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Escobarbarian posted:

Are the bebop-y and Western-y songs I’m hearing in matches now Octo music? Never heard them before but I also didn’t play for months before the DLC came out so I don’t know if they were added earlier. I loving love them (if anyone has YouTube links they would be appreciated!)

Several new pieces of music got added in 2.0.0. (Bottom Feeders and Ink Theory are the fictional bands making that music) 2 more tracks made by Chirpy Chips (A band from the first game) got added in 3.0.0.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Sunny D actually has less sugar per serving than Minute Maid

waaaay more sodium tho lol