Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Marina isn't drinking OJ, she's drinking a mimosa. Which is a fine and valid way to consume orange juice but it's not one of the two options. (It's the option I would have picked though!)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Caffeinated Jerkoff posted:

3: Yep. It was in the Deepnest

I looked it up and I'm kicking myself because I stepped foot in there and turned around, then have been looking at that spot thinking "I should explore that" but not wanting to make the trek back through the area. Oh well, now I know.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

The Lobster posted:

Marina isn't drinking OJ, she's drinking a mimosa. Which is a fine and valid way to consume orange juice but it's not one of the two options. (It's the option I would have picked though!)

If you make a mimosa with pulp in it, you go to jail

I don't make the rules, that's just how it is.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
The captain toad demo is pretty cool. I'm interested to see what else is in the full game. Seems like there's lots of replay for "What? where was that other thing at? OOOOh it's behind there." I think playing handheld with the touch screen is actually a detriment. You have to take your hand of the controller and tap something onscreen. Whereas with the joycons or the pro controller, you just use it like a Wii motion plus with the joycon or a gyro mouse with the pro controller. Just gesture over to something and right trigger instead of awkardly holding the switch with one hand and tapping with the other.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

LawfulWaffle posted:

You just want to keep the reward all to yourself. If I keep punching myself in the nuts I just know it's gonna pay out big time!

Well, there is a unique boss fight at the end! And some amount of geo that probably won't matter to you at that point in the game... but if you insist, good luck! The immense feeling of accomplishment is very real.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
My local supermarkets only sell orange juice with no pulp or extra pulp when what I want is normal amounts of pulp

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

pulp for screwdriver, no pulp for mimosa

might as well make a splatfest for hot water vs cold water

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-0-7DOZicI

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
pulp is always gross

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Doorknob Slobber posted:

pulp is always gross

:yeah:

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

no pulp is for cowards

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Maybe Marina just drinks her orange juice out of a champagne flute, have you ever thought of that

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Wait is there a toad demo!

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

romanowski posted:

no pulp is for cowards

:yeah:

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Apparently Captain Toad on Switch removes the 3D World stages.:argh:

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Real hurthling! posted:

Wait is there a toad demo!

Last I checked (like an hour ago) It was only on japan and euro eshop. I downloaded from the japan eshop, it's in English.

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Cojawfee posted:

Last I checked (like an hour ago) It was only on japan and euro eshop. I downloaded from the japan eshop, it's in English.

I tried to download from the Euro eshop and it kept erroring out.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Polygon says the tennis campaign is just a long tutorial and not what fans were hoping for. All i care about is netcode. No buy unless its better than beta.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Cojawfee posted:

Oh dang.

Flubby
Feb 28, 2006
Fun Shoe
Pulp is dead foot skin. They don't like to announce that though.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I got the Megaman Collection and started playing Megaman. I can't get past the platforming part of Gutsman's stage. lovely game.

Serenade
Nov 5, 2011

"I should really learn to fucking read"

Guy Goodbody posted:

I got the Megaman Collection and started playing Megaman. I can't get past the platforming part of Gutsman's stage. lovely game.

You're not wrong tho

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Real hurthling! posted:

Polygon says the tennis campaign is just a long tutorial and not what fans were hoping for. All i care about is netcode. No buy unless its better than beta.

Unfortunately I’m starting to think I’m not going to get this game any time soon. I hope others like it but the multiplayer focus isn’t something I’m interested in. It’s a shame because the beta was fun.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Guy Goodbody posted:

Just start with 2 and use the metalman blade for everything. Actually come to think of it, Megaman 2 is the only one I could still beat.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Kilometers Davis posted:

Unfortunately I’m starting to think I’m not going to get this game any time soon. I hope others like it but the multiplayer focus isn’t something I’m interested in. It’s a shame because the beta was fun.

1v1 multi is my jam but not with 2 second delay in such a fast reaction game

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I mean technically one could say the Splatoon 2 campaign is a long tutorial, has anyone given concrete numbers

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Serenade posted:

You're not wrong tho

It's from that time period where they didn't really know how to make good games, so they just made them really frustrating and lovely so kids would keep putting quarters into machines or not feel ripped off if they rented the game and beat it in half an hour

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I mean technically one could say the Splatoon 2 campaign is a long tutorial, has anyone given concrete numbers

Read the polygon review it sounds like a linear series of matches where the leveling up doesnt matter and the ai lets you KO it every time

Also not sure how splatoon was a tutorial when every level has a new different thing that never appears in mp, aside from a handful of levels vs octolings. It feels much more lime a mario galaxy type single player experience than a trainer for pvp

Real hurthling! fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Jun 20, 2018

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

cheetah7071 posted:

My local supermarkets only sell orange juice with no pulp or extra pulp when what I want is normal amounts of pulp

galaxy brain: buy one of each and mix them together

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

add pulp to other juices. pulpy apple juice. what's the pulp from? who cares

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Guy Goodbody posted:

You drop too fast too?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rudoku posted:

You drop too fast too?

yeah. When I finally got to the second platform and made it to the end of it's track only to discover that the third platform isn't always there and I'd have to do another cycle on the second platform, I just said gently caress this

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Frankston posted:

It's me, the guy who gets orange juice with extra pulp.

At that point you're not buying orange juice, you're buying orange slurry. :barf:

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.
Do you guys not like oranges or something

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Dr. VooDoo posted:

You also get to yell at people for picking the wrong side because seriously what kind of psychotic wants OJ with pulp?

People who don't know what real fruit and real fruit juice is like are the psychos. Unsurprisingly, you're all a bunch of shut-ins like Mr. Bates. You can take the Switch outdoors! Go eat and juice real fruit. With all their bits involved. If you can't deal with OJ with pulp I can't imagine you trying any other real fruit beverage. And if you ever travel anywhere that grows their own tropical fruit locally, you will find some incredible things.

DLC Inc posted:

Also to add to the "optimal characters" opinion: I honestly think all the characters are Good and Viable in a multitude of formations. except for the Jester who is a loving waste.

I don't think there are necessarily better characters than others, but I do feel that they all have optimal skills to level up resulting in samey teams. The best you can do is switch up the players but you want them all serving the same functions.

A.I. Borgland Corp posted:

My kid is playing Hey! Pikmin now and it's the first Nintendo game where he's able to beat levels mostly on his own. Usually there one puzzle he has to ask the solution for a level.

This isn't coming out on Switch is it? I thought it was a really fun and cute game and I just adore the Pikmin world and franchise. Loved 1 & 2 and seeing 3 show up on the Switch would be a god-send.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!
I'm ,glad they've hit upon a truly controversial splatfest after the last one was such a shrug.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

what was the last one?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

When I'm making smoothies orange juice with pulp is of course the superior option. For mimosas you do need clarity though so sans-pulp only for that.

I don't think I have drunk orange juice straight in maybe 15 years

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!

b_d posted:

what was the last one?

Ninja Turtles popularity contest.

e: And I think Japan had Hello Kitty characters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I hope the next Splatfest is Beans vs No Beans in chili.

• Locked thread