Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Awesomesaurus
Feb 15, 2006

I'm too cool to be extinct.

I want to see the AU where Midoriya wants to grow up to be the best hero like All Might, but he ends up with his mom’s mediocre telekinesis quirk, so his dreams just kinda peter out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
He'd probably end up putting his analytical nature to work on finding ways to munchkin it as much as possible.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

The Awesomesaurus posted:

I want to see the AU where Midoriya wants to grow up to be the best hero like All Might, but he ends up with his mom’s mediocre telekinesis quirk, so his dreams just kinda peter out.

Considering some of the heroes we've seen, I'd think "low level general telekinesis", even if it can't be trained to something more Tatsumaki level, would be more than enough to go pro.

Mirio even had a speech about how his quirk was poo poo garbage by default, and that was the top hero candidate at UA.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I kinda want an OP/ED announcement so I can just kinda be disappointed already and move on since I was a bit underwhelmed by Uverworld (the goddamn random saxophone bit didn't even make it into the proper OP) and while the OPs have all been decent (with Peace Sign being my favorite) I actually kinda want something more energetic.

I actually kinda would like to see Bump of Chicken get the OP but I doubt it'll be someone particularly well known.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

With the type of mind he has I am sure Midoriya would figure out someway to make his quirk busted as gently caress. Hell, sometimes I wonder just what would he do if he had All for One and just how much bullshit he could come up with.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
The short ranged telekinesis could probably be used to do things like mess with the inner ear of someone he's fighting. I'm sure someone creative could find ways to use it to great effect even before training powerups.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

ChronoReverse posted:

The short ranged telekinesis could probably be used to do things like mess with the inner ear of someone he's fighting. I'm sure someone creative could find ways to use it to great effect even before training powerups.
Or just quick slight of hand stuff like yanking one of your feet out from under you during a hand-to-hand fight or something.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Fabricated posted:

Or just quick slight of hand stuff like yanking one of your feet out from under you during a hand-to-hand fight or something.

using it to augment your punches like they do in mob psycho

Kild fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Jun 21, 2018

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM
Do internal organs count as "small objects"? :v:

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Shadowlyger posted:

Do internal organs count as "small objects"? :v:
That'd be hosed up and really overpowered if you could reach inside someone- even if you couldn't really do something nasty like squeeze someone's heart or whatever. Basically just whack someone's liver and watch them flop right over. There literally is no way to "willpower" your way through a solid liver shot- you just go down.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

AU where his mom's minor attracting small objects and his dad's fire breath combine into a new quirk that gives him the ability to set his clothes on fire by attracting it from nearby sources of open flame.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Say Nothing posted:

Has anyone made the completely unnecessary comparison between Hawks and Archangel from the X-Men yet?

His powers are closer to Archangel, but without the dumb costume and accidental murder thing.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Fabricated posted:

That'd be hosed up and really overpowered if you could reach inside someone- even if you couldn't really do something nasty like squeeze someone's heart or whatever. Basically just whack someone's liver and watch them flop right over. There literally is no way to "willpower" your way through a solid liver shot- you just go down.

Isn't this basically what Mirio did to take down all the kids at once

E: oh wait no his secret technique was to phase his fingers into your eye and to make you flinch and then gut punch you

Eej fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Jun 21, 2018

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?

Or have it be a combination of telekinesis and fire breathing. I'm sure someone smarter than me can think up a broken combination using those 2 quirks.
Things like shooting out homing will o wisps.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

everything he picks up with the telekinesis gets set on fire

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
drat that's good

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Apparently this week's chapter is roughly half length because of something special in WSJ.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Mister Olympus posted:

It's good that Horikoshi thinks that way but it doesn't matter what he thinks--the AssClass situation that everyone's afraid of seeing repeated was obviously an editor slamming down on the plot.

It's fine to temper your expectations and all. But we've had like three or four pages, maybe even more, of people just losing their poo poo about how it's going to be awful because [other manga series] did it bad and under no circumstances can Endeavor ever have character growth because he did A Very Bad Thing.

Manatee Cannon posted:

everything he picks up with the telekinesis gets set on fire

What if he had the ability to breathe small objects.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Apparently this week's chapter is roughly half length because of something special in WSJ.
Black Clover and MHA are both a bit short this week since they both doing weird crossover things.

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011

Nuebot posted:

What if he had the ability to breathe small objects.

What sorta objects we talking

Covering the floor in lego to cripple the villain

Breathing Wasps

Limitless possibility

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Mulderman posted:

Or have it be a combination of telekinesis and fire breathing. I'm sure someone smarter than me can think up a broken combination using those 2 quirks.
Things like shooting out homing will o wisps.

inko's quirk draws objects to her, hizashi breathes fire

midoriya becomes the world's most successful flame-eater

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Gravity Deku pulls stuff towards him then slingshots it away like Apollo 13 to attack.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Gravity Deku wins the ball throw test by throwing it up in the air and then slowly pulling it towards himself while he runs ahead of it.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I want to write this fan fiction now. Help me.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

PMush Perfect posted:

I want to write this fan fiction now. Help me.

Well, your first challenge is the fact that you're kind of losing a lot of the conflict between OfA and AfO, so you have to jigger things around to keep that basic plot running. I'd say you can probably get away with All Might just being the last person who can use it--if he passes it on, the next person basically just explodes immediately.

As for Deku himself, maybe play up a bit of an inferiority complex for him. He has a quirk, but not a very good one, Bakugou still looks down on him (probably still a different dynamic, though), and the training with All Might is also about getting his underused quirk into shape.

At the entrance exam he probably ends up giving his all to pull the giant robot back away from Ochako, it almost falls on him but she stops that, and...

Wait, this is the kind of help you were asking for, right?

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
I mean, if we're gonna get into it like that, then there's a chance Deku and Ochako would be in different, better positions at the entrance test such that they won't have to face the giant robot. Also, Deku, and sort of by extension Bakugo, won't get the personal attention from All Might that they're getting now. So the dynamics of basically everything will change from the very beginning.

The solution is simple, though: Make a second manga featuring a OfA Mirio and his adventures with All Might and Nighteye.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

unfortunate side effect: if deku wasn't quirkless he wouldn't have gained his actual superpower of being hyper analytical, since all that derived from exhaustively studying every hero he could due to the desperation of trying to be a hero without a quirk

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

You could still have it, with Deku feeling that his quirk is too weak to be a hero's.

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012

The Lord of Hats posted:

Well, your first challenge is the fact that you're kind of losing a lot of the conflict between OfA and AfO, so you have to jigger things around to keep that basic plot running. I'd say you can probably get away with All Might just being the last person who can use it--if he passes it on, the next person basically just explodes immediately.

All Might said that if he hadn't met Deku he was planning to give One for All to Mirio, so you could go with that or still find a way for has-a-quirk-but-somewhat-underpowered Midoriya to impress him. Either would be good possibilities to explore, especially since a Deku who wasn't Quirkless would've grown up learning to use his quirk like other kids do and might have a better background for taking OfA.

Flesnolk fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Jun 21, 2018

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Idea: Deku wins the quirk combo lottery by his parents quirks combining into Basically Firebending, Bakugou is the one who is born quirkless

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
My idea for a spin-off would be a story focusing around the "worst" hero school since all we've seen are the best

Faculty are d-listers, reformed Villains, disgraced former pros who may have been decently good

Students are basically kids with trash quirks, or attitude/behavior issues that got them kicked out of better schools, the odd ringer who doesn't really give a poo poo where they go since their goal is just a license, maybe a kid with a really really super top tier quirk whom no one will take for some possibly tragic reason, children of Villains, etc

Fabricated fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Jun 21, 2018

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
Let me tell you about my totally original villain Deku AU!

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Rhonne posted:

Let me tell you about my totally original villain Deku AU!
I like that all of those are basically Nolan Joker

No one has the guts to do one where he basically is a lamer version of condiment man from the Batman animated series or a pervert like the dude who became a villain just to get beaten up by power girl

Fabricated fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Jun 21, 2018

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Fabricated posted:

My idea for a spin-off would be a story focusing around the "worst" hero school since all we've seen are the best

Faculty are d-listers, reformed Villains, disgraced former pros who may have been decently good

Students are basically kids with trash quirks, or attitude/behavior issues that got them kicked out of better schools, the odd ringer who doesn't really give a poo poo where they go since their goal is just a license, maybe a kid with a really really super top tier quirk whom no one will take for some possibly tragic reason, children of Villains, etc

So Assassination Classroom but with super powers beyond heightened killing ability?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

Idea: Deku wins the quirk combo lottery by his parents quirks combining into Basically Firebending, Bakugou is the one who is born quirkless

It's likely his parents would've transformed into pyrokinesis or something similar.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Nah, OfA goes to the hero most deserving of it.

A guy who got a lot of mileage out of a very average quirk. Wonderful, underappreciated, already born to be the star of his own spin-off manga. Ojiro.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Ojiro is what happens when you take Rock Lee and remove all the fun.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

except i can't imagine rock lee casually interacting with any other people

meanwhile ojiro and deku are in the back of the car talking at length about how unsafe crossfit is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

Fabricated posted:

I like that all of those are basically Nolan Joker

No one has the guts to do one where he basically is a lamer version of condiment man from the Batman animated series or a pervert like the dude who became a villain just to get beaten up by power girl
Deku is determined to become a fearsome villain, but somehow, he fucks up and ends up saving the day every single time.