Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Mr. Lobe posted:

I wonder how she got up on the airship in that state. With a war raging around her. Probably did not climb up the anchor rope with one arm, while several people ahead of her in line. People she probably wants dead, no less.

The power of being angry as gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Mr. Lobe posted:

I wonder how she got up on the airship in that state. With a war raging around her. Probably did not climb up the anchor rope with one arm, while several people ahead of her in line. People she probably wants dead, no less.

cat jump

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Mr. Lobe posted:

she is very lucky

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

I'm unsure of how this reveal will play into the cat becoming a new crew member, and that scares me.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

I'm unsure of how this reveal will play into the cat becoming a new crew member, and that scares me.

she was the cat

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Well how long did they go through the labyrinth for again? after the door? A couple of hours. according to Allison while trapped in her own head. That's enough time for Felicia to make her way back to the airship through the outer vault. Alternatively she loving followed them, dripping blood the whole time.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
yeah i can see it. after all, this isn't her first rodeo

Ages
Feb 20, 2005

Its just half the puffin juice and the puffin lives and doesnt mind. I promise!
Fun Shoe

Oxxidation posted:

she is very lucky

still, she probably could've used a hand

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006
first layla brimstone, now this. the dead should not be permitted access to firearms.

Lights
Dec 9, 2007

Lights, the Peacock King, First of His Name.

Ze Pollack posted:

first layla brimstone, now this. the dead should not be permitted access to firearms.

Look at this communist, trying to take Throne's guns. First the dead, but the living are next!

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
Loving the art upgrade on felicia here. Lets hope she looks that cool when they clean her off.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

I want her to steal Oscar's hat.

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose
BAD KITTY

fake edit: oh man this comic is so good

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i dislike this for reasons i’m not sure i can explain but have something to do with oscar getting felicia cronched was such a great and pivotal moment in this arc and this kind of knocks all the wind out of it

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Cowcaster posted:

i dislike this for reasons i’m not sure i can explain but have something to do with oscar getting felicia cronched was such a great and pivotal moment in this arc and this kind of knocks all the wind out of it

idk man, it means Allison's whole experimentation with acting like a Demiurge has real ongoing consequences now that weren't just neatly wrapped up, no harm no foul, the minute she decided evil wasn't for her. If Felicia just plugs Oscar and is totally copacetic with the rest of the folks who set her up and stood around watching her die, THAT'LL be disappointing.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

idk man, it means Allison's whole experimentation with acting like a Demiurge has real ongoing consequences now that weren't just neatly wrapped up, no harm no foul, the minute she decided evil wasn't for her. If Felicia just plugs Oscar and is totally copacetic with the rest of the folks who set her up and stood around watching her die, THAT'LL be disappointing.

It also relieves her of the biggest guilt of it, though.

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

I think it's going to depend how it plays out.
It also speaks to the other major theme this chapter: how victims aren't just there to be victimized. Oscar's even complaining about that, and the whole deal with the devil crew was that they all thought they would be the one victimizing the rest. Allison reversed course from passivity to aggressive ambition but just ignoring the agency of people around her isn't a winning strategy either. Hell, Mammon's whole deal is the result of cutting away those around him successfully, and he's clearly not well.

So it makes perfect sense to me that Felicia returns with a vengeance, and also that she's permanently maimed and possibly going to die anyways- being not a huge monster doesn't mean being totally powerless, but it's definitely harder to do than just going wild. That's what's up with Cio, too.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

MikeJF posted:

not yet, there's a real chance felicia will need to be stopped before she plugs cio

this broken hill
Apr 10, 2018

by Lowtax
i think we can all agree this heist was a great success

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
For as brutal as this whole volume of the comic has been, it does seem like it's been reluctant to hold Allison to the repercussions of her actions.

Like, this is the second time in as many chapters that someone we thought she let die was revealed to be alive.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Mr. Lobe posted:

This but the other legs

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

MikeJF posted:

Poor 1-11 :(

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Mr. Lobe posted:

I imagine someone counted a top-tier thief and lockpick among the entire multiverse has a few tricks and tools up her sleeve. Possibly literally.

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

MikeJF posted:

She did end up bringing hellacious violence to The Peaceful Land. Pretty sure she's going to have plenty of opportunities for guilt over Grampa Dog Lizard and all those little tykes in the Count Parade.

Grishka
Jun 4, 2010

With the mic in my hands
I'm a bad man
Even in a fight with the hands
I'm a bad man
Livin in the streets all my life
I'm a bad man
I'm a bad man
I'm a bad man
The gun is going to be empty.

RiotGearEpsilon
Jun 26, 2005
SHAVE ME FROM MY SHELF

Grishka posted:

The gun is going to be empty.

She has a cartridge right there. Watch her load and fire the gun one handed.

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

I don't think 'Cio survived despite being abandoned' counts as anything like a surprise. If you thought she was actually dead there, when she hadn't gone Yabalchoath yet, that's on you, not Abaddon.

We'll see how the comic handles Allison's guilt and what she's done to others as it unfolds.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

in a complete overexaggeration of how i feel for emphasis, it's kind of like if that king mottom killshaped into a tree showed up at the end of the chapter with a sign around his neck that said "DOIN' FINE"

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

It's not a surprise to the reader, who's aware she's a fairly major character with arcs and stuff in a story, but Allison 100% left her for dead

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Joe Slowboat posted:

I don't think 'Cio survived despite being abandoned' counts as anything like a surprise. If you thought she was actually dead there, when she hadn't gone Yabalchoath yet, that's on you, not Abaddon.

We'll see how the comic handles Allison's guilt and what she's done to others as it unfolds.

I wasn't surprised, but maybe I was a little disappointed.

I like Cio, and I like Felicia, but the fact that they both made it out alive (for the moment, at least) after they both seemingly died makes the comic seem kind of toothless.

I will grant you that the story isn't over yet.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Schwarzwald posted:

I like Cio, and I like Felicia, but the fact that they both made it out alive (for the moment, at least) after they both seemingly died makes the comic seem kind of toothless.

There were teeth, they just don't chew their food properly is all.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Kai Tave posted:

nice

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Schwarzwald posted:

For as brutal as this whole volume of the comic has been, it does seem like it's been reluctant to hold Allison to the repercussions of her actions.

Like, this is the second time in as many chapters that someone we thought she let die was revealed to be alive.
Allison brutally slaughtered a bunch of people on the way in, literally painting the way ahead of her with their blood.

Like, I'm pretty sure that's going to be a thing she has to live with now, especially since it got revealed that oops they were not evil.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe
Yeah but they weren't wearing cat ears.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

TBF, they probably were evil, they just love good old Grandpa Dragon.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Yeah they didn't stop being the pain-obsessed chainsaw-wielding death guards of the torture dungeon just because they've got a nice doggy

also, bankers

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Jun 21, 2018

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Kai Tave posted:

That's what was bothering me because it was clear that mouth put it's molars to some use.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Terrifying Effigies posted:

She did end up bringing hellacious violence to The Peaceful Land. Pretty sure she's going to have plenty of opportunities for guilt over Grampa Dog Lizard and all those little tykes in the Count Parade.

Eh, Mottom invaded based purely on the assumption Allison would come. If Allison hadn't, the violence would still have arrived.

Although she did bring plenty of violence of her own in the invisible maze.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Alison getting away with murder and all of her other poor decisions is perfectly in line for royalty avoiding comeuppance for their actions by sheer virtue of being royalty. Royalty is a continuous cutting-and-running from consequences motion. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Crucify them