Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

crash man, i guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

mycophobia posted:

on crashman's stage I think...?

im going crazy trying to think what could even be considered a maze in the entire game lol

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

trying to jack off posted:

im going crazy trying to think what could even be considered a maze in the entire game lol

if you vaguely associate "puzzle" with maze then there's that wily boss with the crash walls maybe but there aren't any ladders

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I know there's parts where you go up a couple screens and there's like 2 sets of ladders but I mean that's not a maze...

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Bicyclops posted:

if you vaguely associate "puzzle" with maze then there's that wily boss with the crash walls maybe but there aren't any ladders

i looked up an faq and they use the word maze twice in the entire thing and it was the start of flashmans stage. and even then they just say its kinda like a maze

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
there's like four or five ladders on one screen near the end of crash man's stage where birds are dropping eggs on you which can be frustrating if you don't know how to handle it. but to someone who has limited experience with old games it might seem unfair.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
solve my dastardly ladder maze mega man

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

the ladders at the end of Metal Gear 1 are some bullshit.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

trying to jack off posted:

i looked up an faq and they use the word maze twice in the entire thing and it was the start of flashmans stage. and even then they just say its kinda like a maze

crash man maze:

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

absolutely anything posted:

lol all of the dead ends have prizes in them

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
day 17. i dont think ill ever find my way out of this labyrinth. every path leads to the same circle or box with an e on it, and the eggs are relentless. sometimes i have two life bars but neither show me the exit

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

the bubble background races through my mind and the E box vanishes with an echoing scream. i fire my gun, but the birds wheeling in the sky simply stop as my second meter inexplicably decreases. all is discordia.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

extremebuff posted:

lmfao

just lost like 3 hours to hollowknight..ifucking love this game. happy to report the switch version doesnt have any inexplicable framerate or loading issues that plagues a lot of lazy switch ports, it also takes advantage of the HD rumble with little ticks for collecting coins and hard jolts for landing big hits and stuff.

Haven't heard of it ....... could you describe the art style and genre to me ?

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

goferchan posted:

Haven't heard of it ....... could you describe the art style and genre to me ?

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

;) nah I'm really looking forward to playing it when my friends done borrowing my switch it looks awesome

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

What a shitload of gently caress! What were they thinking?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Even if you guessed the right ladder by accident the first time you would see the e tank and jump off to get it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Also, lol

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

*tracing the image with my finger and I keep hitting dead ends and get really frustrated*

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

In Training posted:

Even if you guessed the right ladder by accident the first time you would see the e tank and jump off to get it

and face TWO bird enemies again?! the E tank doesn't even make either of the meters go up!

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

Cobalt Viper posted:

I didn't know where to post this but I wanted to post it so it's going here.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

That image gave me intense nostalgia for reading the NES Game Atlas with all the maps.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Pablo Nergigante posted:

That image gave me intense nostalgia for reading the NES Game Atlas with all the maps.

i still have this. all the pages fell apart from use but i put them inside sheet covers in a binder. it's great.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

why can't metroid crawl

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i don't like megaman 1 very much

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Pablo Nergigante posted:

In middle school I had a Goldeneye 007 strategy guide that had really nice top down views of all the levels and I would carry it around with me every day and read it during home room.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Bicyclops posted:

i still have this. all the pages fell apart from use but i put them inside sheet covers in a binder. it's great.

I rebought it off of eBay along with Mario Mania and the secret passwords guide a few years ago

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I rebought it off of eBay along with Mario Mania and the secret passwords guide a few years ago

i had forgotten about these... i used to quiz my little bother on "Mariology" based on the mario mania guide but i can't remember what was in top secret passwords.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lmao

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Cobalt Viper posted:

In middle school I had a Goldeneye 007 strategy guide that had really nice top down views of all the levels and I would carry it around with me every day and read it during home room.

lol i did this in second grade. greetings brother

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Bicyclops posted:

mega man 1 is "nintendo hard" because it's very old, everyone got salty about getting guts-dumped, the ice man blocks, or the rock monstera nd then rejoiced after beating them.

I beat mega man 1 once. greatest gaming achievement of my life.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

that guy trolls the switch thread a lot though he may be realposting there i dunno

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
he's the one who posts all the anime games, isn't he

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

Lmao

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

the kind of gamer that buys a series known for its difficulty and then complains that they die too much are the reason nintendo started putting super guides into mario, which they will also complain about

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

the smash bros website has a remix of vega’s theme... this is gonna rule.