Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

In Training posted:

It's badass. I especially like all the music they did for it

Yeah the music has been universally great so far

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
There's the Irish esque folk rock that's like squid Flogging Molly?

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
:siren: Splatfest schedules :siren:

• US/AU/NZ Pulp vs. No-Pulp @ June 22nd 21:00 PT / June 23rd 00:00 ET / June 23rd 14:00 AET
  • EU Pulp vs. No-Pulp @ June 23rd 16:00 CET
All Splatfests last for 24 hours.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8HVnaz8OdE

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Ghost Leviathan posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsH5TImusIU

quote:

A new band called the Bottom Feeders has been tearing up the Inkopolis charts lately. The band is fronted by a tropical-betta-fish violinist, features vocals by a dude made of seaweed, and also includes a shark, a scallop, and a globefish. Their unforgiving yet catchy music style is the product of fusing ancient Celtic sea shanties with punk rock.

I really love how they incorporate fictional bands into the game, it's such a good touch

Knorth fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Jun 21, 2018

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Ah, Ink Theory are the bebop-y ones I like so much, I think.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

quote:

This classically trained, all-female 6-piece band creates jazz and samba-inspired battle music. They owe their unique sound to a blend of academic music theory and modern sensibilities. Ink Theory’s eclectic approach makes them quite popular with young Inklings and middle-aged Inklings alike.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKIDeZDIQl0

Ink Theory are probably my favourites too. In general I really enjoy Splat2's music in a way I don't remember feeling about the original, like Splatoon's music was very cool and I liked Calamari Inkantation as much as the next person but I find the Off the Hook tracks much more listenable than the squid idols sound they were going for with Squid Sisters. Plus all the different styles they've been adding with the other fictional bands have been just terrific. What a good video game

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Somebody stop me I haven't stopped listening to Fly Octo Fly for the past hour+

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I think Piranha Pit TC is my favorite map in the game...this is such a fun design

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wg6n5K3oPws&t=23s
I guess this is a medley.. I want a full version of the track that starts around 24s

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I would legit buy albums from all fictional Splatoon 2 bands if they released them. All the music is woomy

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

In Training posted:

It's badass. I especially like all the music they did for it

:same:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lA7EORVNxe8

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
I really like the song used in the first 8 ball level. Kinda reminds me of vaporwave, in a good way.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

expansion is hard but really inconsistently. some of the levels are really demanding to make it in the time limit or like dodge slow blobs for thirty seconds but then I open up a much farther shooting range level and miss the first target six times and still finish with twenty seconds to spare.

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg

b_d posted:

expansion is hard but really inconsistently. some of the levels are really demanding to make it in the time limit or like dodge slow blobs for thirty seconds but then I open up a much farther shooting range level and miss the first target six times and still finish with twenty seconds to spare.

The subway lines are separate difficulties, the more tokens it costs to take the test the more difficult it's going to be

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Flogging Molly was by a wide margin the best mosh pit I've ever been in.

I want to mosh to Splatoon songs now

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Dr. VooDoo posted:

I would legit buy albums from all fictional Splatoon 2 bands if they released them. All the music is woomy

:yeah:

The Manticore
Aug 23, 2008

Did you mean to make that post, or were you just pushing keys at random?
I need more tracks from ω-3. Just an update where it's all new Salmon Run content.

Lazlo Nibble
Jan 9, 2004

It was Weasleby, by God! At last I had the miserable blighter precisely where I wanted him!

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Not quite the same thing, but I had a Barnes & Noble gift card from the in-laws sitting around, so...

The Octo Expansion OST 2CD+Blu-Ray is out next month too. (I’m still on the fence about spending $30+ for the Wet Floor “Inkoming!” single, but having a full set of Splatoon CDs is extremely tempting. I’ve bought way dumber poo poo for way worse reasons.)

VibrantPareidolia
Oct 12, 2012

b_d posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wg6n5K3oPws&t=23s
I guess this is a medley.. I want a full version of the track that starts around 24s

Here's the full one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=000FArhf6sQ

And here's the version without the vocals:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NgfqHXGq1o

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Has anyone had this happen before? Clearly these dickheads were all in a party together, and rather than actually play they just did nothing while their buddies in the other team spawn camped the everloving poo poo out of us. Is this what someone considers fun?

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

raditts posted:

Has anyone had this happen before? Clearly these dickheads were all in a party together, and rather than actually play they just did nothing while their buddies in the other team spawn camped the everloving poo poo out of us. Is this what someone considers fun?

Report for unsporting behaviour and move on.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I feel like loving screaming.

I did the 8balls through the 7 gates challenge and it took like 15-20 minutes to get right. Watching a stream and I just found out there was a ink refill there the entire time :psyduck: Oh my gOD

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

I think the cucumber tells you that. i always talk to that guy

VibrantPareidolia posted:

Here's the full one:

thank you 🙏

VibrantPareidolia
Oct 12, 2012

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I feel like loving screaming.

I did the 8balls through the 7 gates challenge and it took like 15-20 minutes to get right. Watching a stream and I just found out there was a ink refill there the entire time :psyduck: Oh my gOD

Oh dear. Well at least you can say you didn't need it in the end, which is pretty cool! (guy)

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

raditts posted:

I've been seeing this a lot lately for some reason. Half of my team would just go to enemy spawn and just booyah over and over while the rest of the team tries fruitlessly to win a lopsided game.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

raditts posted:

Wasn't the Squeezer in the data files for the first game as well? I know I remember hearing about it way before Splatoon 2 came out.

I don't believe so. Couldn't find anything about it. However, it was found in Splatoon 2's game files since launch, but it was basically an entirely different weapon back then.

The old Squeezer didn't have the continuous fire mode. You had to constantly mash. It had the same range as the Splattershot Pro, but it had the same fire rate as an N-ZAP/Splash-o-matic. Oh, and it had perfect accuracy in this version as well. So it was basically a Splash-o-matic that had the same range as a Splattershot Pro, and painted much better than a Splattershot Pro. The only "downside" was that you had to sacrifice your fingers to use it well, but if you got past that hurdle, there was absolutely no need to use several of the Shooters you had access to.

Needless to say, it was reworked into the version we actually got.

Though I did find out one fun fact, and that's that Sloshers are actually Splatoon's versions of grenade launchers, according to the internal file names.

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.

I really love the vocal track. Has there been an official name for it yet?

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

I can’t believe how hype I am for goddamn pop music written by squids. I love this game so much. It goes back to classic weird-rear end Nintendo, like the Game Boy Camera error faces or Mario Paint’s mosquitos.

Also, pulp is disgusting!

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

The Bloop posted:

Flogging Molly was by a wide margin the best mosh pit I've ever been in.

I want to mosh to Splatoon songs now
That's basically Turf War.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

Splatoon 2 European Championship returns again. Since this is Europe after all, different regions will host their own tournaments. List of participating countries:
  • Great Britain & Ireland
  • France
  • Germany
  • Spain
  • Portugal
  • Italy
  • Russia
  • Netherlands
  • Belgium
  • Australia Austria
  • Switzerland
  • Nordic countries (Denmark, Finland, Norway, Sweden) NEW
The finals will be held Spring 2019, where the winner will go to fight out for the World Championship.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Sunrise vs Mimosa?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Britain, you don't get to do your Brexit nonsense and expect to participate in European tournaments.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Waffleman_ posted:

Britain, you don't get to do your Brexit nonsense and expect to participate in European tournaments.

Brexit should've been decided by a Splatfest.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

i wasn't really that interested in picking up the octo expansion until like later this year or something when i had less games on my backlog, but then a friend of mine told me the dlc is hard as hell

and now i want to get it like... now :shepspends:

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Kaubocks posted:

i wasn't really that interested in picking up the octo expansion until like later this year or something when i had less games on my backlog, but then a friend of mine told me the dlc is hard as hell

and now i want to get it like... now :shepspends:
It's really good and iterates on the mechanics of Splatoon in cool ways, you can tell they had a lot of fun coming up with interesting new takes on familiar Splatoon stuff. And yeah a lot of the levels are real challenging

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.
it's the Dark Souls of Third Person Shooters

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

MohShuvuu posted:

it's the Dark Souls of Third Person Shooters
Unironically thought a lot about Dark Souls during the secret boss battle

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Dr. Fetus posted:

Though I did find out one fun fact, and that's that Sloshers are actually Splatoon's versions of grenade launchers, according to the internal file names.

Things like the Grizzco Slosher make this significantly more obvious.

Serenade
Nov 5, 2011

"I should really learn to fucking read"
In a game of weighted projectiles, the sloshers (especially the sloshing machine) feel like they're actually the weapons that get around cover and behave like heavy projectiles. They also reward pot shots at corners like typical fps grenade launchers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

I've barely played any multiplayer but the octolings with sloshers in the expansion levels are little assholes.