Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

should i give infantry rush to Marth or Soren

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

mabels big day posted:

should i give infantry rush to Marth or Soren

Depends on the team

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Onmi posted:

So funfact

As it is now, Noire's Infantry Rush affects enemy units as well

hahaha, that's really funny

Just when they'd fixed the feint bug!

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Tana and my first alm, checked out to save for banner 2.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

That's four Alms now! Someone's a secret banner unit.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
Be strong. You full pulled on your free one, you do not need abs of steel Noire.

You can get her next year when you've saved up 2000 orbs like a good player.

V-Men
Aug 15, 2001

Don't it make your dick bust concrete to be in the same room with two noble, selfless public servants.
Well at least I managed a Karla when sniping for Nino. That's something.

Ornamented Death
Jan 25, 2006

Pew pew!

Decided to do a full pull on my freebie because the color spread was decent. Got Noire and Dana. Guess I'm good for this banner.

Spectral Werewolf
Jun 15, 2006

And if that wasn't funny, there were lots of things that weren't even funnier...

Roger Explosion posted:

. Unless the next banner includes Summer Anna, in which case I guess I'm eating instant ramen for the last 3 weeks.

I will be happy and sad if this happens, too. Need to stack the vote for her in the next CYL next year or whenever.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

Roger Explosion posted:

God, that's awful for me. I can either tank my score with Cecilia or waste a spot with Sharena.

I was happy at first, as I have a "fully" built Cecilia at 4*+10. Her stat total is so bad though, probably no chance of staying in T20.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

70ish orbs and I didn't get poo poo but Klein and enough Raighs to kill myself with. I still want that assless archer.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
im glad i dont have to go all out on orbs since linus will be a perfectly serviceable bonus unit

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

im glad i dont have to go all out on orbs since linus will be a perfectly serviceable bonus unit

You should never use orbs to just to get a bonus unit in the first place.

The reward difference between two arena tiers is minimal

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Andrast posted:

You should never use orbs to just to get a bonus unit in the first place.

The reward difference between two arena tiers is minimal

It's like 2k feathers over the arena period yeah?

In other news, holy poo poo Camilla Bonus unit?

Will +6 Cordy, +7 Camilla, +2 WNowi and +6 Eirika make it?

Let's find out.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

30 orbs in, first pitybreaker is OG Ephraim, which is ok I guess since I didn't have him before

No good SI fodder yet apart from a single Klein which is good

e: one more 4-pull and my meager reserves are gone but I did get another 4* Olivia and another Repo fodder so that's good at least

Already got more useful crap out of this than the entire bride banner lol

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"
Ugh got totally crushed on my final arena battle by a +7 aTiki with breath of fog and bonfire, she had 71 attack in combat...

Lord Ephraim
Feb 22, 2008

That's one way to get ahead in life, but nothing beats an axe to the face.

ApplesandOranges posted:

Next season's bonus units:

Noire
S!Cordelia
S!Innes
S!Tana
Canas
Linus
Navarre
Cecilia
Camilla
Sharena

Conisdering at least five of those units are free, lots of options here.

That's some dumpster bonus heroes. Canas, Navarre, Cecilia, Camilla and Sharena are all terrible. Linus is my only option but considering my strongest and SP heavy hero is Raven I better hope I don't encounter a lot of +10 Zeligus. +10 Innes will be the whale's option, so I'll probably have to put Axebreaker on Linus.

I know it sounds :spergin: but I enjoy trying to stay in tier 20 without having to whale for the new hotness.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
I’m never seeing another Donnel

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Washout posted:

Ugh got totally crushed on my final arena battle by a +7 aTiki with breath of fog and bonfire, she had 71 attack in combat...

What are your blue and red units?

Mirotic
Mar 8, 2013

50 orbs in, got pity-broken by Sonya, so I'm going to wait and see what the other banner is before I go chasing S!Innes again.

ApplesandOranges posted:

Next season's bonus units:

Noire
S!Cordelia
S!Innes
S!Tana
Canas
Linus
Navarre
Cecilia
Camilla
Sharena

Conisdering at least five of those units are free, lots of options here.

We're going hunting!

Kind of curious to see if anyone will run into a Canas in arena since he is, as stated previously... not great.

Mirotic fucked around with this message at 13:42 on Jun 21, 2018

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
Ugh, did 2 full pulls because apparantly I cant help myself. Kept a 3* Roy, merged a 4* Tharja and Clarisse into my current ones, sent the rest to the trasher. Just imagine how many WTharjas those 35 orbs would've gotten me on an upcoming legendary banner!

Anywho, what is the best score calc for arena teams these days?

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Lord Ephraim posted:

That's some dumpster bonus heroes. Canas, Navarre, Cecilia, Camilla and Sharena are all terrible. Linus is my only option but considering my strongest and SP heavy hero is Raven I better hope I don't encounter a lot of +10 Zeligus. +10 Innes will be the whale's option, so I'll probably have to put Axebreaker on Linus.

I know it sounds :spergin: but I enjoy trying to stay in tier 20 without having to whale for the new hotness.

You shut your mouth Camilla's baller tier.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
I’m ready for Summer Celica

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Lord Ephraim posted:

You really really shouldn't be relying on bonus units to kill enemies.

Your main trio should be good enough to handle everything the arena throws at your team.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Andrast posted:

You really really shouldn't be relying on bonus units to kill enemies.

Your main trio should be good enough to handle everything the arena throws at your team.

The bonus heroes getting massive stat boosts means that my +0 Karla has been pretty comparable to my +10 Hana, so it's not that silly.

Does anyone have a link to the score calculator? I have a ton of options and don't know whether like S!Cordy would score better than my 4*+10 Cecilia, for instance

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Elyv posted:

The bonus heroes getting massive stat boosts means that my +0 Karla has been pretty comparable to my +10 Hana, so it's not that silly.

It is pretty silly since you will inevitably get into an arena season where you don't have a bonus unit that fits your team

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Well, I've been sitting on 200 dew so I guess that's going to ol' Camilla.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

valuum posted:

Ugh, did 2 full pulls because apparantly I cant help myself. Kept a 3* Roy, merged a 4* Tharja and Clarisse into my current ones, sent the rest to the trasher. Just imagine how many WTharjas those 35 orbs would've gotten me on an upcoming legendary banner!

If it helps, the answer is "probably still zero"

Anyway I use FEH Builder on Android, it's not the best-made app but it saves my poo poo so I don't have to reenter it all the time

TheDisreputableDog
Oct 13, 2005
Hello FEH thread, can you please impart your wisdom on me.

I only have a dozen or so 5*s and my main team of 40s is Camilla, Ryoma, Nowi, and Elise.

I recently pulled a Bridal Lyn and I'm wondering if it's smart or dumb to put her Candlelight on Elise. Similarly should I put my Ike's Warding breath on Nowi.

Or should I just keep my 5 stars and only transfer skills from duplicates. Thank you for your advice, good day.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

TheDisreputableDog posted:

Hello FEH thread, can you please impart your wisdom on me.

I only have a dozen or so 5*s and my main team of 40s is Camilla, Ryoma, Nowi, and Elise.

I recently pulled a Bridal Lyn and I'm wondering if it's smart or dumb to put her Candlelight on Elise. Similarly should I put my Ike's Warding breath on Nowi.

Or should I just keep my 5 stars and only transfer skills from duplicates. Thank you for your advice, good day.

It takes dazzling staff and it puts it on the Elise.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

If you have a 5* and another unit wants its unique skills as clearly as dragons want Breath skills, and you're not planning on using the other 5*, do not spare them

Basically the only times you should keep around 5*s you have no plans to use are if (a) they are a limited unit IE seasonal or TT reward, or (b) you don't have anything that could particularly use any of their skills

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

-def/+res noire on freebie pull, -spd bikini cordelia on the same set

100+ orbs later I end up with a +atk/-hp noire and pity breaker elise (neutral) and karel (didn’t check because he is wo dao food)

I could stop there but I am not gonna, pushing my luck for a better cordelia she deserves the best

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded
Had 75 orbs saved so dropped them all on the beach clowns, got probably my best pulls ever

Then just some rubbish on the last roll. Would have liked the big titty archer but I'm not complaining.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
im so. happy. for you.

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"

Andrast posted:

What are your blue and red units?

My arena team was a +2 meta aTiki, Firesweep Soleil, +2 Fjorm, and my 4*+9 Meta Nino. Easily cleared everything with no deaths till that last team. It was a pretty advanced anti meta dragon team with high merges on everything.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Pulled two Innes from the Initial 15 Pull so I fed the +HP/-Res one to give Beruka the banner.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Washout posted:

My arena team was a +2 meta aTiki, Firesweep Soleil, +2 Fjorm, and my 4*+9 Meta Nino. Easily cleared everything with no deaths till that last team. It was a pretty advanced anti meta dragon team with high merges on everything.

I would have thought that Fjorm and Firesweep soleil would handle that ATiki no problem but obviously it's pretty easy to just screw up a bit and lose an unit.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

valuum posted:

Elyv posted:

Does anyone have a link to the score calculator? I have a ton of options and don't know whether like S!Cordy would score better than my 4*+10 Cecilia, for instance

I think this one is still the go-to. It might not show accurate numbers for your score range with the recent scoring changes, but it's still perfectly good for telling you the relative differences between set ups.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Controversial policy: if I lose someone in Arena, I try to win the current duel anyway, and then for my next one I tank my BST and surrender to whoever I match up with in my Beginner slot

Sure I use more swords that way, but who cares, I'm not gonna give you and your loving multimerged Lancebreaker Reinhardt the satisfaction of a defense win :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

loquacius posted:

Controversial policy: if I lose someone in Arena, I try to win the current duel anyway, and then for my next one I tank my BST and surrender to whoever I match up with in my Beginner slot

Sure I use more swords that way, but who cares, I'm not gonna give you and your loving multimerged Lancebreaker Reinhardt the satisfaction of a defense win :mad:

I don't really surrender in arena either now that it only requires 5 wins. That's only two days of arena so it's easy to get.