Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Makes me feel like this was not FFG’s decision at all and they’re doing whatever they can to keep the faith in their company and other IPs alive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

I'm so loving stoked.

werdnam
Feb 16, 2011
The scientist does not study nature because it is useful to do so. He studies it because he takes pleasure in it, and he takes pleasure in it because it is beautiful. If nature were not beautiful it would not be worth knowing, and life would not be worth living. -- Henri Poincare
Classy (FFG, not Reddit)

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

werdnam posted:

Classy (FFG, not Reddit)

I know we all like to poo poo on Reddit here but I don't think it's beyond the pale to be a little peeved when all signs indicate that a major product expansion will have major supply shortages going into the final tournament ever that they're charging $75 a seat for.

I mean, yeah, great on FFG for doing another print run, but a lot of that anger was coming from regular tournament players who were justifiably upset that there was going to be a bunch of powerful cards that it seemed they'd have little chance to purchase before a tournament where it's going to be a huge deal. I don't even check the Netrunner Reddit pages so maybe they were devolving into death threats or whatever he hell Reddit does these days but basically everyone I play with was pretty upset about the situation and I don't blame them at all.

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Amazon has a lot of things saying "In Stock June 25-28th", but I have no idea if I should trust that with some of the older packs.

werdnam
Feb 16, 2011
The scientist does not study nature because it is useful to do so. He studies it because he takes pleasure in it, and he takes pleasure in it because it is beautiful. If nature were not beautiful it would not be worth knowing, and life would not be worth living. -- Henri Poincare
Sorry man, it's cool. I just sort of assumed that this:

food court bailiff posted:

I don't even check the Netrunner Reddit pages so maybe they were devolving into death threats or whatever he hell Reddit does these days

is what was happening. I'm as happy as you are that more product is coming out.

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
My uncle works at wotc. Here's what's going to happen:

pull license from FFG, never really let the truth get out and make FFG look bad to gently caress up competition
retain netrunner license
work in conjunction with CDProjektRED to create new netrunner card game like gwent from witcher series
tie in with cyberpunk 2077

new online and cardboard netrunner card game made joint production with wizards and cdprojektred

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Sir this is a Wendy'sStuffer Shack drive thru

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Spoilers for Reign and Reverie are out there. Just a heads up for people who want to avoid or find them.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
https://imgur.com/a/kAdWSxf

I'm glad we got another bitcoin card before it all ended :unsmith:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Thoughts on R&R spoilers: Bankroll seems like a very competent Crim moneymaker. It's instant speed, clickless, and not a virus. And Kyuban is making a 1-of in a lot of decks, I think, especially with that very permissive influence cost. DJ Fenris is gonna open up some absolutely hilarious cheese.

Saraswati might be a serious contender for best shell game identity, and Lady Liberty is going to be absolutely insane in Glacier decks. Daruma is my favorite kind of wonderful and impractical nonsense card.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
R&R Spoilers: I'm very very glad we get more cartoon evil Weyland with Under A Bus + the lore insert. Very excited to try an Outfit deck. The weird tempo stuff of Sportsmetal might be fun to play with and I'm going to try a Talking Thunder deck with Misdirection and Thunder Art Gallery to get a rig out fast.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

FFG has just restocked virtually everything: https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/products/android-netrunner-the-card-game/

Half of SanSan and Order & Chaos are the only things they don't have as of the time I post this.

Rhaegar
Jul 16, 2006
I should have been more patient rather than paying for individual Kitara data packs from different places and paying shipping each time.

Pre-orders for Reign and Reverie also up on FFG.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

gently caress, that poo poo looks like it’s all gone already

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Quidthulhu posted:

gently caress, that poo poo looks like it’s all gone already

Showing available on the website for me as of 21 JUN 2104 EDT.

EDIT: you're talking about the other stuff, not R&R. Sorry.

Midjack fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Jun 22, 2018

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
Miniature Market has all of Kitara Cycle.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

jeeves posted:

Miniature Market has all of Kitara Cycle.

Not anymore! :v:

They do show the 2017 champ decks so I grabbed those. I (once they arrive) now have all 6 champ decks, 2x core plus genesis and spin cycles. I might snap up R&R if one turns up but considering this is all based on hope that I might convince someone to play someday I don't think I'm going to try for a complete pool or anything. 6 pre-assembled decks might make it easier to convince people to play, too. I do see that the runner 2015 deck uses a weird mill strategy that sort of breaks the game but hey, the art is nice. Also I have a bunch of extra economy cards to mix around if I need to.

Rhaegar
Jul 16, 2006
Sigh, I got the email I feared from where I preordered R&R that I'm not going to get it at release. I may get it as part of the second printing but I'm not going to hold my breath. I did pre-order it at FFG when it came back up for pre-order this week. I assume that is guaranteed?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Rhaegar posted:

Sigh, I got the email I feared from where I preordered R&R that I'm not going to get it at release. I may get it as part of the second printing but I'm not going to hold my breath. I did pre-order it at FFG when it came back up for pre-order this week. I assume that is guaranteed?

I suspect the second printing size will be calibrated on preorders and on top of that an order straight from the mothership will be as good as gold.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

NetRunner fan expansion idea: Turn the Tables, a big box about famous admins going runner and... well... that Apex "corp" I had a while back.

Marcus Batty has to be one. He HAS to be.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

PMush Perfect posted:

NetRunner fan expansion idea: Turn the Tables, a big box about famous admins going runner and... well... that Apex "corp" I had a while back.

Marcus Batty has to be one. He HAS to be.

One of the CCG multiplayer schemes had each player as runner and corp. The runner was treated as an asset. I don't remember what the consequences of accessing the runner were, though.

werdnam
Feb 16, 2011
Thanks for the tip off on the 2017 champion decks. I r didn't even realize they were doing those this year.

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
I got the 2017 decks straight from FFG-- it's kind of disappointing that the text is like a uniform size and tiny for each card. I guess it is a downside of them printing in-house or something.

Anyone else notice that? Are the 2015 and 2016 decks like that too?

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

They were printed in house as well, so if it's a problem with the 2017 cards and with promo cards, then yeah.

I think the small text size is the point though, to better show off the full bleeds.

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire

Minrad posted:

They were printed in house as well, so if it's a problem with the 2017 cards and with promo cards, then yeah.

I think the small text size is the point though, to better show off the full bleeds.

They have small text but still have large uniformly sized text box backgrounds though. Like tons of wasted space in the text boxes.

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Despite only bringing it out rarely these days I bit the bullet and grabbed a few packs I was missing from the Lunar Cycle. Now the only thing I'm missing is The Source, and it doesn't look worthwhile to get that shipped overseas to me at the prices I'm seeing. I also looked for Terminal Directive since it seemed like a good standalone but it looks the price of that has been jacked up already.

I think I'm probably content just ending with the core through order and chaos (minus The Source). That was the era of the game I enjoyed the most, and I can throw together a couple decks to treat as a board game.

Rhaegar
Jul 16, 2006
What’s different about the championship decks? Aren’t they just cards from the regular sets?

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Rhaegar posted:

What’s different about the championship decks? Aren’t they just cards from the regular sets?

They have fancy full-art cards. That is the only difference.

werdnam
Feb 16, 2011

Rhaegar posted:

In addition to the full art, I like having several pre made decks ready to go.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Cinnamon Bear posted:

Despite only bringing it out rarely these days I bit the bullet and grabbed a few packs I was missing from the Lunar Cycle. Now the only thing I'm missing is The Source, and it doesn't look worthwhile to get that shipped overseas to me at the prices I'm seeing. I also looked for Terminal Directive since it seemed like a good standalone but it looks the price of that has been jacked up already.

I think I'm probably content just ending with the core through order and chaos (minus The Source). That was the era of the game I enjoyed the most, and I can throw together a couple decks to treat as a board game.

If you're in Europe give these guys a look, they had a bunch of stuff in stock when I was there several years ago and the site seems to have a lot in stock at the moment.

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Midjack posted:

If you're in Europe give these guys a look, they had a bunch of stuff in stock when I was there several years ago and the site seems to have a lot in stock at the moment.

Thanks, I'm not in Europe sadly though. But on the bright side it looks like Amazon got some more in! So I've got The Source coming at MSRP, which should fittingly cap off my collection. Fittingly it even includes Au Revoir :unsmith:

Now I just need to work on putting together some simple duel decks for that era of the game. I'm motivated to finally play it more now that its ending.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
419 is fun, it's weird to be playing Criminal again after years of Anarch. Diversion of Funds feels just strong enough, they really hit the balance just right. It's crazy to think Account Siphon used to be a thing you could do.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

I await the inevitable legacy deck format, with a crim deck that runs 3 siphons, 3 Diversion of Funds, Same Old thing and Rip Deal.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

berenzen posted:

I await the inevitable legacy deck format, with a crim deck that runs 3 siphons, 3 Diversion of Funds, Same Old thing and Rip Deal.

Good luck against legacy CtM plus Breaking News and Friends in High Places

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Let's just steal the Commander format from MtG: both sides play a 99-card deck plus ID, no rotation/MWL, all cards are limit 1 per deck.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

CirclMastr posted:

Let's just steal the Commander format from MtG: both sides play a 99-card deck plus ID, no rotation/MWL, all cards are limit 1 per deck.
NEXT Design ends up actually good, and CI's only potential weakness is just gone. HB just has a huge advantage in general, I think.

Brofessor Slayton
Jan 1, 2012

CirclMastr posted:

Professor format.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

I just tallied up what I'm missing for the inevitable end, and I'm 31 expansions short. Whoops. The only thing I have a full cycle of is Genesis. Fuckin' lol. And the only Deluxe I have is Creation and Control, and apparently Reign is sold out again on the FFG store. Should have bought it four hours earlier, when I was thinking about it yesterday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I got my R&R and some of these cards are seriously bonkers :stare: Bankroll and Hot Pursuit alone, good lord. I'm glad Criminal got some love on their way out.