Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Honestly, I might try out the Crew 2 beta, I forgot that was even happening this weekend. I enjoyed Forza Horizon even though I'm not into driving games that much and this seems about as accessible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I recently bought a decent racing wheel (Logitech G920) so now I am committed to buying and playing all racing games

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Taintrunner posted:

I recently bought a decent racing wheel (Logitech G920) so now I am committed to buying and playing all racing games

play Dark Souls with it

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Taintrunner posted:

How is that even going to work with Pocket Card Jockey

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Saint Freak posted:

How is that even going to work with Pocket Card Jockey

I have a 3DS so I could reasonably strap it to my wheel and try to play it while also playing Dirt Rally in VR?

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

rear end posted:

I bought it to play multiplayer with friends. Is the single-player worth sinking time in?

:catstare:

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Isn't the Donkey Kong of DKC1 actually Donkey Kong, Jr., and the original Donkey Kong is Cranky Kong

No matter what anyone else says, yes.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Closed-Down Pizza Parlor posted:

i think 3 has extremely solid level design, and i don't hate kiddy kong like the rest of the internet.

Kiddy Kong rules. So does the elephant that everyone hates.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
In Hollow Knight I just went up to the happy mining bug and she attacked me and I killed her and now I'm sad :(

Also I just figured out I literally could have upgraded my nail hours ago if I hadn't explored in the wrong/right direction.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Closed-Down Pizza Parlor posted:

i think 3 has extremely solid level design, and i don't hate kiddy kong like the rest of the internet.

it starts off very strong, but the gimmicks bog down the actual levels more and more by the end of the game imo

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
also i spent $50 on amiibo this week. I've become fully trash

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

i need to get the shovel knight 3 pack some time

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

oddium posted:

i need to get the shovel knight 3 pack some time

Has that actually come out?

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

the answer, is no

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
I swear a lot of these Steam discounts are worse than the winter sale :saddowns:

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Convex posted:

I swear a lot of these Steam discounts are worse than the winter sale :saddowns:

Well it's steam, so it would not be surprising for that to be the case.

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
Let's be honest, you aren't going to play the 10 games you'd buy at 80% off anyway.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I've said it before and I'll say it again: getting a decent refund policy killed Steam sale hype pretty much forever. No one is willing to go as low as they used to.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I buy games new at full price. :twisted:

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
Tbf only game I'm interested in now is Quantum Break which is a decent price, anyone here know if it runs ok on a 970?

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Samuringa posted:

Name one game worse than Dragon Age 2

Dragon Age 2 was an insane, low effort mess but I still enjoyed it more than Inquisition

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me
Has Bioware implied anything on the Dragon Age front lately or have they pretty much given up on that?

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Bioware is only making Anthem atm. If it's successful they'll be the Anthem studio from then on, if it fails they'll just be closed. Don't expect any more RPGs from them either way.

The studio that made Andromeda was absorbed into one of the Battlefront developers.

lets hang out fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Jun 21, 2018

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

Has Bioware implied anything on the Dragon Age front lately or have they pretty much given up on that?

Casey Hudson says they have a team "figuring out" what the next Dragon Age will look like right now

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Did Anthem look any better in any demos or anything they showed after the EA conference

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Casey Hudson says they have a team "figuring out" what the next Dragon Age will look like right now

I hope they cut all the single player MMO poo poo and just make a AAA fantasy dating sim since that's what they really love

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Help Im Alive posted:

Did Anthem look any better in any demos or anything they showed after the EA conference

Best thing I heard about it was "the flying is fun"

Serf
May 5, 2011

Help Im Alive posted:

Anthem looks like stale garbage. The only good thing I have heard about is is that people say the flying/movement feels good.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I was listening to a podcast where they compared the traversal and gameplay in Anthem to Vanquish

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Which power in Kirby Super Star is the best power?

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I was listening to a podcast where they compared the traversal and gameplay in Anthem to Vanquish

:confused: there's no slowmo or sliding lol

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I guess I'll take their word for it cause nothing they've shown publicly looks anything like vanquish

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Jay Rust posted:

sword, or bomb

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Those people are insane and wrong.

Serf
May 5, 2011

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I remember this too, and that was said by someone who didn't play the game and the response was "sort of... not really, actually..."

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Jay Rust posted:

I always thought Mirror was cool.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Jay Rust posted:

homeless snail posted:

sword, or bomb

no! it's mirror.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

mine's probably mirror too but i don't think i could name all of them

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

homeless snail posted:

sword, or bomb

No no no

Sword does that awkward step forward during its combo attack, and Bomb aims weird

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

an actual dog posted:

:confused: there's no slowmo or sliding lol

The slowmo is the default fly speed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Fighter is also better than sword.

• Locked thread