Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS posted:

suddenly me spur of the moment buying tickets to AX is paying off.

between this and the MHA movie, AX is getting a ton of before japan premires

It premieres in Japan and Paris a couple of days before the US expo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Anyway I really do love the new art pieces, too.

https://twitter.com/jojoex_2018/status/1009692587240771585?s=21

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

My plan of never reading Part 5 and waiting for the anime has finally paid off!!

this but unironically :v:

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Waffleman_ posted:

But what will be the ED
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PepLTAn5pA

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
JoJo's Manga Thread: Welcome to the Gay Mafioso's World

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I'm gonna 'drink' that 'piss'

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Waffleman_ posted:

But what will be the ED

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBwAxmrE194

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I'm gonna 'dri~~nk' thaut 'urine'

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

still holding out for

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPO76Jlnz6c

but knowing araki it might be something he made an obscure ref to in another part like he did with savage garden

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

JoJo Part 5:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/BeerStix/status/1009881744600952834

Here's a thread about the staff of Part 5 and what else they've done. Fun fact: The character designer was an animation director/key animator for the D'Arby episode of the SDC OVA! Also one of the series directors did Keijo.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Josuke Higashikata posted:

It premieres in Japan and Paris a couple of days before the US expo

WHAT

i'm paris adjacent maybe i can go holy poo poo

where is the paris premiere?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

the smartest jojo protag

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Condiv posted:

WHAT

Paris premiere will be at the Japan Expo, the fifth of july

https://www.japan-expo-paris.com/fr/

I went last year, I didn't think about going this year but lol this is super tempting.

It's going to be held there, huge convention center https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parc_des_Expositions_de_Villepinte

Kurtofan fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Jun 21, 2018

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Kurtofan posted:

Paris premiere will be at the Japan Expo, the fifth of july

https://www.japan-expo-paris.com/fr/

I went last year, I didn't think about going this year but lol this is super tempting.

It's going to be held there, huge convention center https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parc_des_Expositions_de_Villepinte

i might take a day off and go just for this. it's supposed to be at 3:30. do you think i'll have to wait in line to get in or anything?

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Condiv posted:

i might take a day off and go just for this. it's supposed to be at 3:30. do you think i'll have to wait in line to get in or anything?

To get inside the convention? yeah there's a lot of people, there's a line, though i remember getting out took longer than getting in. poo poo is crowded inside though.

For the event itself, I can't say, they'll probably put out more information later.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

https://twitter.com/DiGiorno/status/1009797913344659457

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Condiv posted:

Large cons usually have literal hours long wait times to get badges, and this is the largest anime con in the states iirc.

I'd highly recommended buying a badge well in advance.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Neo_Crimson posted:

Large cons usually have literal hours long wait times to get badges, and this is the largest anime con in the states iirc.

I'd highly recommended buying a badge well in advance.

he's talking about Japan Expo in France (which is the largest con in France, if not Europe).

I don't quite remember if it was super super long, but yeah I think it's better to prepare in advance. I think I came at noon last year, many people queuing but maybe I avoided most of it?

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Torquemadras posted:

I'm gonna post completely wrong and confusing King Crimson explanations in the anime thread and nobody can stop me

i'm gonna explain other stands but i'm not gonna use any proper nouns

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
well you see, a grid with the rows labelled as letters and columns labelled as numbers appear from his feet, covering about twenty feet in front of him. By pressing one or several buttons on the armband, any flying projectile or object can be instantly transported to the corresponding area(s) (e.g. by pressing F5 on the armband, an object is teleported onto the F5 space), falling down.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I bet if we just described D4C it would make more sense to people than actually explaining king crimson

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Pomp posted:

I bet if we just described D4C it would make more sense to people than actually explaining king crimson

But who shot Joooooooohnnyyyyyyyyy

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Waffleman_ posted:

But who shot Joooooooohnnyyyyyyyyy

I don't remember the conclusion of that, but I remember trying to work the situation out almost gave me a headache.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Race Realists posted:

this but unironically :v:

I'm not being ironic!! I skipped Part 5 at the time because the current completed translation was the bad one, but then I never went back because I wanted to wait for the anime.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I don't remember the conclusion of that, but I remember trying to work the situation out almost gave me a headache.

The conclusion to that was that everyone shot johnny. Everyone.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Kurtofan posted:

he's talking about Japan Expo in France (which is the largest con in France, if not Europe).

I don't quite remember if it was super super long, but yeah I think it's better to prepare in advance. I think I came at noon last year, many people queuing but maybe I avoided most of it?

maybe i'll come at 9 or 10 or something just to make sure i get in to see giogio

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I keep thinking of the scene I'm most eager to see animated but keep coming up with just 'loving everything', this is maybe the best visual Jojo (imo at least) and considering how great the other seasons were done this is gonna be great.

Also I can't wait to see people reacting to the stands. People genuinely thought Killer Queen was the most convoluted stand.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Condiv posted:

WHAT

Why does Paris get special privileges?

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Grouchio posted:

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Grouchio posted:

Because anime is a big thing in France relative to the rest of the non-Japanese world afaik.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

TheKingofSprings posted:

Because anime is a big thing in France relative to the rest of the non-Japanese world afaik.
I wish I knew why. Apparently Candy Candy was a massive hit in the 70s!? :france:

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

sexpig by night posted:

People genuinely thought Killer Queen was the most convoluted stand.
tbf, there are multiple posts of me itt asking how Bites the Dust works cause I really didn't get it until I saw the anime

thing freaking comes out of nowhere man

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

Maybe I'm just really dumb but, I always just thought of King Crimson as The Hand except for time, is this not an adequate explanation?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
King Crimson is like another version of The World but altered.

Like, I wanna say it's an inverted The World to go along with Vento Aureo sorta following some of the same steps as Part 3 but turned on its head, but I don't think that's a good way to describe it. It's like...The World takes Time and makes one moment potentially infinite if DIO could have his way while King Crimson takes a section of time and makes it the opposite of infinite, he makes it absolutely nothing, erasing its existence entirely.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
I think what King Crimson ostensibly does is pretty clear; it just isn't clear why using it leads to something productive happening.

Meanwhile, Kira's Stand powers are less "difficult to understand" and more "mind-bogglingly convenient for the one thing he particularly wants to do, like, how the hell did this joker get such a convenient Stand".

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

the retranslation actually does a pretty decent job of explaining it and i'm sure the anime will make it clear enough with how it's depicted. maybe one day we'll be free of the dumb memes where people act like trying to comprehend it is akin to deciphering notes from the zodiac killer or some poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nine of Eight
Apr 28, 2011

LICK IT OFF, AND PUT IT BACK IN
Dinosaur Gum

TheKingofSprings posted:

Because of the domestic Bande Dessinée industry being big and diverse, manga was adopted pretty enthusiastically in France. Often when we’re waiting for the first volume of a manga to be released in North America france is already up to volume 10.