Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stink Terios
Oct 17, 2012

VJeff posted:

I stumbled upon this video and felt it was worth linking:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZJuLcakn3Y

I'm not gonna spoil it, my only advice is it's weird at first but give it some time. :v:

Holy poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Sonic Adventure 2 is a masterpiece

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

VJeff posted:

I'm not gonna spoil it, my only advice is it's weird at first but give it some time. :v:

holy poo poo this paid off

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
My only issue with the video is that it doesn't bring up the mural in Hidden Palace Zone, which I always thought was a great way to link the Genesis games and the Dreamcast games. Shadow's a hedgehog because Gerald saw that mural.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Stink Terios posted:

Honestly, out of those Shadow is the best game.

what the gently caress

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

there's also the mural in Lost World from Sonic Adventure, that and all of the Artificial Chaos throughout the ARK implies that the Biolizard, the first attempt at making an ultimate lifeform, was based off of Perfect Chaos, before they went to the Super Sonic inspired design

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*
I was not expecting it to be that good, but it was pretty solid. Pretty cool how he brought up a tiny detail in referencing the JP recap scenes before levels. For some reason though, I'm still laughing at "he runs around in Ape Escape Zone".

Also yeah, I always thought that something somewhere showed that Gerald was inspired by the ancient tablets/murals for his research. It's what he did for the Gizoid and Ifrit, but I can't seem to remember or find if this was explicitly said somewhere (maybe sonic x?)

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

it would make sense, he would have to have visited angel island/mystic ruins at some point in order to reference its design in the core

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

VJeff posted:

I did not see that coming.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
It's a really good video but the reason Shadow looks like Sonic (more specifically, Super Sonic) is because of the Super Sonic Prophecy Mural in Hidden Palace Zone in 3K, and also seen in SA1, which Gerald could presumably have witnessed.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

sonic adventure 1 isn't a great game, but fun in short doses if you're of the mindset to laugh at what it does wrong.

i can't remember any part of it taking a particularly long amount of time to do. i dunno if i'd pay money for it in this day and age, but as far as bad games go, it's not exactly unplayable. there's not many places where you'll be stuck for hours because of stupid bullshit

tail's story is really loving funny if you've already played through sonic's whole story and read tail's story as tails retelling the story, but with him taking credit for everything sonic does (and making up blatantly absurd bullshit when sonic isn't around in the story. yes, after eggman's main doomsday plot is foiled, he reveals that he had a second, totally seperate doomsday plot up his sleeve, which tails and tails alone can stop, after which the mayor gives him the key to the city as everyone cheers)

ninjewtsu fucked around with this message at 13:23 on Jun 22, 2018

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

ninjewtsu posted:

sonic adventure 1 isn't a great game, but fun in short doses if you're of the mindset to laugh at what it does wrong.

i can't remember any part of it taking a particularly long amount of time to do. i dunno if i'd pay money for it in this day and age, but as far as bad games go, it's not exactly unplayable. there's not many places where you'll be stuck for hours because of stupid bullshit

Sky Deck

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

At least sky deck had great music

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Zelder posted:

At least sky deck the entire game had great music

Ftfy

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

:flash:Sonic Mania Adventures 4 just got posted.:flash:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAmBxc_yCsI

Mighty and Ray's little bro punch moment was very sweet. I'm glad the animation team managed to get these two into the shorts, when at the announcement of the series they mentioned they weren't sure if they'll be able to add the two.

And goddamn, they did an amazing job making Metal Sonic a threat here. Really puts into perspective how someone with super speed can be a terrifying opponent.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice
:yeah:

https://youtu.be/7A2lG_KDySo

this and Red Hot Skull might be my favorites but there are sooo many good songs.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

amigolupus posted:

Mighty and Ray's little bro punch moment was very sweet. I'm glad the animation team managed to get these two into the shorts, when at the announcement of the series they mentioned they weren't sure if they'll be able to add the two.

And goddamn, they did an amazing job making Metal Sonic a threat here. Really puts into perspective how someone with super speed can be a terrifying opponent.

That might be my favorite one so far.

Mighty being accidentally too strong and Knuckles yelling with the Death Egg transporter sound effect were :laffo:

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I love in general the usage of classic series sound effects.

Oh man, Mania Plus is just a few weeks away now.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Was about to make another WHERES THE NEW MANIA ASVENTURES post so im glad

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

https://youtu.be/T9P_DALesIU

Tails body breaks 22 seconds in but here's some footage of how full races go

You can ask for items from teammates and get requests. Different classes help teams too so it is pretty much sonic heroes but in a car

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

amigolupus posted:

Oh my god, Ray's monkey bar climbing animation during the credits.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I'd rather play all of Sonic Adventure than I would a single second of Labyrinth Zone.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

As a aside, I've had this suspicion since the first episode that Metal Sonic was going to be a secret playable character and they were keeping him under wraps.

This new episode seeing him being a enemy to eggman (I assume) in the stinger just makes me almost positive that's the case.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
I wish it was Amy also/instead. But sadly not.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
Considering they take pains to show Sonic and Tails going one way, Knuckles going another, and Mighty and Ray being left to their own devices, I wonder if they'll share stage sets like how Sonic and Tails share theirs.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
I just hope the mecha sonic boss fights turns out good

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Shodaw teh Hegghode

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

The perfect life form

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Big, Amy and a Chao Quad revealed for Team Sonic Racing

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
For a brief moment I parsed that image as Big wearing a big 'ol floppy sombrero, and now I'm let down.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Jarogue posted:

Big, Amy and a Chao Quad revealed for Team Sonic Racing

what the

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Froggy Car.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Big the Cat is the mascot for Sega never learning anything.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Evil Eagle posted:

Froggy Car.

:getin:

big deal fucked around with this message at 10:35 on Jun 23, 2018

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I know a lot of people like him ironically or not but Big the Cat is probably the one Sonic character that bores me the most to think about.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
He's good.

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.
Can you mix and match characters or do you just pick a team like in Sonic Heroes? I'm struggling to think who they would put Cream with instead assuming those three are a team.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
I maintain the post I told back when Mania was coming out.

Big the Cat does not give a gently caress. That's why I like him, yeah he's this big, stupid lug, but he genuinely isn't bugged by any of the crazy poo poo in his life. Like I legitimately like Lazy Days as his theme because it's a perfect summation of his character. He doesn't 'know' jack poo poo, but it doesn't really matter if he can keep living his tranquil life. The only thing that bugs him is if his best friend is missing. If Froggy is missing Big will go through hell and high water to find him.

I didn't like the Fishing stuff but I really do dig the character. Though admittedly Ian Flynn being a good writer has been a big reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

InspectorCarbonara posted:

Can you mix and match characters or do you just pick a team like in Sonic Heroes? I'm struggling to think who they would put Cream with instead assuming those three are a team.
She's not old enough to drive.