Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

OSU_Matthew posted:

35 is more than fast enough to kill you, it's basically like jumping off a four story building

I cracked a bicycle helmet and left bloody road rash smears on the pavement going down at 20 mph on a bicycle after slipping on crosswalk paint in the rain while turning

My most recent helmet I purchased after endo'ing on level sidewalk at a slow coast to a stop light. No computer so I don't know my speed, but I would be surprised if it was >10mph. Landed squarely upside down holding my bike. I have scars on my elbows from the ~4x4 scrapes they got, plus the clonk on the helmet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Slimy Hog posted:

Knowing very little about guns, what's the joke here?

It's an extremely cheap gun made of pot metal known for reliability issues, made by a company that did nothing but churn out extremely cheap guns made of pot metal with reliability issues that no longer exists. They're mostly bought by people living in ghettos who can't afford a $500 Glock, or for holding up convenience stores and shooting rival gang members.

I happened to see the auction and just threw down $70 to see what would happen, expecting to get outbid by someone who put down $100. I didn't think I would actually win it.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

Slimy Hog posted:

Knowing very little about guns, what's the joke here?

America.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Threadless is having a big sale for the summer. Really cheap prices and, at least, the T shirts are very high quality.

Seems lately they've been allowing some art to be printed that you'd see in the teen section of a Walmart but you can ignore it.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Inzombiac posted:

Threadless is having a big sale for the summer. Really cheap prices and, at least, the T shirts are very high quality.

Seems lately they've been allowing some art to be printed that you'd see in the teen section of a Walmart but you can ignore it.

Ever since they switched from printing on American Apparel (which, granted, wasn't Threadless' fault they went bust) the quality of their shirts doesn't seem anywhere near as nice :(

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

OSU_Matthew posted:

35 is more than fast enough to kill you, it's basically like jumping off a four story building

Oh, very true, it's just that most of the people I see riding scooters and mopeds seem to go with 3/4 or 1/2 helmets, not full-face.

But even with a 3/4, falling down jaw-first onto the pavement would make for a VERY bad day.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

blunt posted:

Ever since they switched from printing on American Apparel (which, granted, wasn't Threadless' fault they went bust) the quality of their shirts doesn't seem anywhere near as nice :(

Oh, really? It's been a long time for me. All the ones I ordered back in the day are still in amazing condition. What a shame.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

chitoryu12 posted:

It's an extremely cheap gun made of pot metal known for reliability issues, made by a company that did nothing but churn out extremely cheap guns made of pot metal with reliability issues that no longer exists. They're mostly bought by people living in ghettos who can't afford a $500 Glock, or for holding up convenience stores and shooting rival gang members.

I happened to see the auction and just threw down $70 to see what would happen, expecting to get outbid by someone who put down $100. I didn't think I would actually win it.

Ah OK so the joke is on you. Unless you can sell it for more to a gang member I guess

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

Ah OK so the joke is on you. Unless you can sell it for more to a gang member I guess

I'd probably get a $30 profit.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Inzombiac posted:

Thanks for the heads up. Just bought 17 shirts. Perfect for pajamas or gym clothes IMO.

ShadeofBlue
Mar 17, 2011

chitoryu12 posted:

I'd probably get a $30 profit.

If you turned around and sold it on eBay for $100 right now, you’d barely make a profit, if any, after fees and shipping.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

ShadeofBlue posted:

If you turned around and sold it on eBay for $100 right now, you’d barely make a profit, if any, after fees and shipping.

You can’t sell guns on eBay.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
maybe you can't

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Mu Zeta posted:

Thanks for the heads up. Just bought 17 shirts. Perfect for pajamas or gym clothes IMO.

drat, I bought 6 and thought that was excessive. Then again I am in dire need of donating my old shirts.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

It was a bit of a splurge but to be fair I haven't purchased a t-shirt in like 4 years and all my old ones which are also from Threadless are falling apart.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

chitoryu12 posted:

I put up $70 as a half joke, half "I wonder if I'll actually win this". I ended up winning.

Hey, if it goes bang reliably and doesn't have a weird caliber that's expensive, that's a hell of a deal for a plinker.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

You can buy guys on eBay? I do not know anything about guns.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

OniPanda posted:

Gonna need some pics

Definitely cheap, but it plays surprisingly well with my nearly 10-year-old practice amp. Just need to get used to everything being a mile apart.

Derek of the Andes
Dec 10, 2009

obi_ant posted:

You can buy guys on eBay? I do not know anything about guns.

Dunno about ebay, but deffo craigslist

Zeth
Dec 28, 2006

Cluck you say?
Buglord
A brand new cat palace.

He started trying to climb it while I was still building it.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Zeth posted:

A brand new cat palace.

Aww :3:

OniPanda
May 13, 2004

OH GOD BEAR

chitoryu12 posted:

Definitely cheap, but it plays surprisingly well with my nearly 10-year-old practice amp. Just need to get used to everything being a mile apart.

:krad:
Blue is best color

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

chitoryu12 posted:

I put up $70 as a half joke, half "I wonder if I'll actually win this". I ended up winning.

Perfect for your Blind Al cosplay.

null_pointer
Nov 9, 2004

Center in, pull back. Stop. Track 45 right. Stop. Center and stop.

obi_ant posted:

You can buy guys on eBay?

Naw, everything is closed down. You can't even use Backpage for your gay hook-ups, anymore.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

for Switch

for wearing

for sleep

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

null_pointer posted:

Naw, everything is closed down. You can't even use Backpage for your gay hook-ups, anymore.

You can still buy and sell guns on all the gun-specific auction sites. I got that one on Gunbroker.

It's more of a hassle than going to a store because you still have to do the same FFL transfer you would do at the shop, so you need to contact someone with an FFL (usually a local gun store) and have them send a hard copy of their license to the seller. The seller then ships the gun to the dealer, and you go there and perform the background check and any waiting period before picking it up. It can take about a week to actually get it in your hands if everyone's schedules don't line up.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

blunt posted:

I picked up a couple shirts from QWERTEE lately.
They often send out a "buy one, get one free" coupon to existing customers that can be used virtually as often as you like, taking the price per shirt down to $8 and I really like the quality of the shirts.
Designs often border on the nerdy/cringy side, but some are really pretty.

My favourite is this one currently:

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

WHERE?!

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf

Hot Topic :negative:

https://www.hottopic.com/product/jurassic-park-bingo-dna-guys-pajama-pants/11440257.html

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!

In their bed, silly.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

Zeth posted:

A brand new cat palace.

How much, from where, and does it feel like it’s going to last a couple of years?

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

I used a throwaway email to get the 30% off code and got it for $13 with their dumb store pickup. Hot Topic sucks rear end but they have a RAD Jurassic Park line right now.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

I have a friend who quotes that stupid thing all the time and I need a link immediately.

Easiest Christmas present ever.

Lord Zedd-Repulsa
Jul 21, 2007

Devour a good book.

The Sexual Shiite posted:

How much, from where, and does it feel like it’s going to last a couple of years?

Seconding this request.

bobbert
Dec 8, 2002
Fish N Scooters
Fun Shoe

Lord Zedd-Repulsa posted:

Seconding this request.

It looks like an armakat, I have had mine for almost three years and its holding up great with two cats and regular use. This is the one I have:

http://www.armarkat.com/products/Classic-Cat-Tree-B5701.html

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
A while back I posted a shot of the new frames I bought and hung on my wall. Goons made fun of the small looking tv, which was actually a 50” tv that looked pretty small on the biggish wall.

Today I bought a bigger tv.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Why is it mounted so high? Also do you have speakers? Looks like a great TV though.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Keep that stand underneath clean, whole wall looks way better like that.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
I’m tall and have this thing about hanging pictures (or TVs I guess) higher than most people. The photo exaggerates it a bit, it looks better with all the random crap my wife puts on that console table below. No speakers, I’ve never been an audiophile and just never bother with it. Maybe I’m missing out idk 🤷🏻‍♂️

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

beanieson posted:

A while back I posted a shot of the new frames I bought and hung on my wall. Goons made fun of the small looking tv, which was actually a 50” tv that looked pretty small on the biggish wall.

Today I bought a bigger tv.

You must go bigger. We have the technology.