Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I am going to play Dokkan Battle. What should I do or avoid?
I picked a great time to download right now. Great.

Scalding Coffee fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Jun 20, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Scalding Coffee posted:

Just do the quest missions, you get premium currency from them and they're pretty brainlessly easy until about the 12th or 13th set of missions. There's the big anniversary special coming up so you should use the stones on them since the banners have the dokkan fest exclusive characters on them as well as the general SSR pool.
Don't force yourself to do missions that are beyond your capability; the dokkan fest characters are already strong enough for you to use and you shouldn't try and bruteforce your way through the events to awaken them if you cannot do them.

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

TG: if i were you i would just take that fucking devilbeast out behind the woodshed and blow its head off

Scalding Coffee posted:

Have a gander at this quick and dirty newbie guide post I made a while back. It should get you started.

For some current-content-specific advice:
- A very recent change is that every summon banner paid for in dragon stones has a guaranteed SSR character if you do a 10-pull. This is especially useful for new players looking to fill out their roster, so definitely always do multi-pulls instead of singles.
- The World Tournament PvP event will be starting Thursday night, which might be tough to get anywhere with if you're just starting, but it's worth giving it a shot because there's a fair number of rewards that are pretty frontloaded.
- The final stage of "Super warrior slam: Victory will be mine!" has a guaranteed drop of Bio-Broly the first time you beat each difficulty. He's a pretty solid f2p card.
- A new story event and summon banner themed around the otherworld tournament arc will be starting this morning that will have a pretty solid roster of characters to pick up. Should include STR Pikkon, INT angel SS goku, PHY kaioken goku, and angel frieza. All of those are pretty solid pickups.
- The 3-year anniversary is coming up later this month, so be sure to log in every day that you can, because there's probably going to be shitloads of free stuff and some insanely good summon banners to go with it. Most players are hoarding dragon stones for this, so you might be well served doing the same, since you have tons of free stones coming to you from going through quest mode.

Hope all that helps!

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

We're gonna get around 400+ free stones, lots of zeni and training items, over 777 incredible gems, 9 kais of each type (enough to SA 10 one card of each type), and thousands of potential orbs. You picked a great time to start as it's the calm before the storm.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
It seems I missed an event where you get some ridiculous amount of rank points just for surviving one hit. Any other repeat events that give out as much?

snickothemule
Jul 11, 2016

wretched single ply might as well use my socks
Just got the AGL Mighty Mask from the 15 stone other world banner, my first summonable LR! Pretty chuffed, now gotta wait to level him up.

Also managed to boost LR Spirit Bomb Goku up to 7, really enjoying that card with his healing abiliy. Also finally got INT Piccolo to sa10 and LR, feel like years of him just sitting there doing nothing is finally over. Been a good week really.

snickothemule fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Jun 21, 2018

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Pan's secret adventure can be done once a week and resets on the same day. It should still be up for you.

Turtle school training and Hercules world tournament reset daily around 8 pm est. Try to do them every day to farm up training items and zeni.

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

TG: if i were you i would just take that fucking devilbeast out behind the woodshed and blow its head off

snickothemule posted:

Just got the AGL Mighty Mask from the 15 stone other world banner, my first summonable LR! Pretty chuffed, now gotta wait to level him up.

This made me cave in and buy the 15 stone pull. I'm such a sucker.

Didn't get an LR, but I did get two of Angel Cell and giant ape Vegeta. 3 SSRs plus a kai is actually pretty drat good for 15 stones.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

15 stones for 5 characters & an elder kai is such a no brainer since it has the guaranteed SSR and all four of them are solid in their own ways.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

CidGregor posted:

This made me cave in and buy the 15 stone pull. I'm such a sucker.

Didn't get an LR, but I did get two of Angel Cell and giant ape Vegeta. 3 SSRs plus a kai is actually pretty drat good for 15 stones.

Same, but I got goku so I’m hyped. Oh, and the elder kai got Kefla to sa10!

If we really get a purple stone I’ll finally be able to run super phy. I’m really excited for that.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Did the 15, got Tapion, Frieza, and Goku. Not bad at all.

Oh Snapple! fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Jun 20, 2018

Jeff Goldblum
Dec 3, 2009

I’ve noticed Dokkan Battle has been using my cellular data while the app is closed. Not as much as Netmarble’s latest titty knights game, but it was enough to make me wipe out both games until I can figure out why that’s happening.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Sounds like a coincidence to the spyware issue with steam games.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Steam/comments/8pud8b/psa_red_shell_spyware_holy_potatoes_were_in_space/

Scalding Coffee fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Jun 20, 2018

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Testekill posted:

15 stones for 5 characters & an elder kai is such a no brainer since it has the guaranteed SSR and all four of them are solid in their own ways.

Got the Frieza and Pikkon.

Every Kai helps since I have a SA1 LR SS3 Goku to max, and I'll have 1,000 day Goku on Friday

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Perhaps you need to... reverse... his polarity? Hack? Do some hacking?

a neat cape posted:

Got the Frieza and Pikkon.

Every Kai helps since I have a SA1 LR SS3 Goku to max, and I'll have 1,000 day Goku on Friday

Couldn't you use the Epic Showdown Goku for SS3 Goku since he starts off as Goku? That might be mind numbing and slow, but it could save you kais. I don't think LR Goku would work though.

I also read that Japan's version is getting a friend filter feature, and a way to set up a character as your leader while running other teams. Can't wait until that feature comes to Global.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Cozz posted:

Couldn't you use the Epic Showdown Goku for SS3 Goku since he starts off as Goku? That might be mind numbing and slow, but it could save you kais. I don't think LR Goku would work though.

I also read that Japan's version is getting a friend filter feature, and a way to set up a character as your leader while running other teams. Can't wait until that feature comes to Global.

The chance is too low for that Goku. I'll wait until the ToP event comes back so I can get the 50% shot with the farmable SR Goku. Still gonna need 10 kais for him though

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Anyone else get a sudden data download that wont move?

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Something is up. I am getting stones for what seems to be hiccups with the data. I am also not seeing any friends at all.

Scalding Coffee fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Jun 21, 2018

snickothemule
Jul 11, 2016

wretched single ply might as well use my socks
I've been experiencing long load times and some errors when trying to train characters. Notifications ended up downloading an extra 2 data, but didn't require a sign out and login upon completion. Very odd behaviour.

It's a shame that we don't have the JP versions of the otherworld characters, Frieza getting 100% attack and 80% def on Super is pretty neat, and SS Kaioken Goku getting medium chance to dodge is pretty awesome. King Cold is particularly interesting as he has Supreme damage as an SR and atk + def -25% on attacked character.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Should I fill up on an SSR deck by doing the 30 stone banners?
Should I immediately Z-Awaken my SSRs when they hit max level?

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Scalding Coffee posted:

Should I immediately Z-Awaken my SSRs when they hit max level?

The best SSR cards are available in the Dokkan Fests, and with the third year anniversary coming up they'll likely have some discount pulls or step up banners. Save for those.

Do Z-awaken your SSRs if you have enough medals for them, it makes them a lot stronger and is sometimes necessary for triggering leader skills.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Scalding Coffee posted:

The three year anniversary is hitting in about two weeks and we're gonna be flooded with free stones and banners with the best two cards in the game.

Don't pull on the current banners

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY
Should you pull on the new DB banner though?

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Yes

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

Is anyone else not bothering with the WT special conditions missions? I get it, in a thematic sense, but gambling with giant form and peppy gals and World tournament characters on your team sounds like a good way to waste time and/or break your streak. I know master's marks are kind of a rare commodity, but even if you did all of those special missions, you're only getting like, nine extra. I dunno, seems like a bad gamble, at least if your goal is grinding out as high a rank as you can.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I didn't even realize there were missions. That'll teach me to skim the updates. I think I use Kami and Bulpan on Brolyteam, anyway. Don't have enough marks to Dokkan Kami, so I'll probably use Bulpan for 7, then Kami for 7.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Jun 22, 2018

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Did a bunch of pulls on the DB banner before I even started on the WT.
Pulled a ton of that new Yamcha, a dupe Giant Piccolo, and a dupe Kami. At least the Kami can unlock a potential path before I dokkan mine.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Got a lot of dupes in that DB banner and I was like yeah still sucks and then I pulled the new Jackie Chun so :v:

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Internet died and now I see the World Tournament is starting. Looks like a bunch of fun.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
I pulled the new Jackie Chun but I really just wanted a Young King Piccolo

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Hell yeah, I can finally use all those DB Summon tickets I've been saving for the past ten tournaments. Looks like they really upped the rates too, I got both Jackie Chun and King Piccolo in back to back pulls. Plus you can sometimes get Master's Mark medals from stages, they really improved this WT.

CidGregor posted:

Is anyone else not bothering with the WT special conditions missions?

Depending on the cards you have, it's not that hard to build a good deck with those characters.

My team is centered around STR Arale since she's the only AoE unit I have a 120% lead for (and the best AoE fighter I have except possibly for Raditz). I have Giant Ape Fasha and Bio-Broly Android 18 on my team normally since they link well with Arale. The only fighter I had to add to my usual deck was STR Kid Goku, though he doesn't link with anyone. I got the new Yamcha from the DB summon, I'll swap him in since he at least has Shocking Speed.

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

just pull lr broly and lr majin vegeta looooool

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

I'm just really looking forward to getting some medium orbs as a points reward, my 4-dupe Kefla really needs those PHY orbs.

I'm using EZA Broly as my leader to climb multipliers, but while it's a nice trip down memory lane to be using him again I'm also remembering how jank his team ends up being. He has lousy ki support at least in my STR box, back in the day I would go out of color to grab INT Turles and AGI Roshi who both had ki boost passives. I've just been running him full STR for now with SS4 Goku, Bulma! Vegeta, SS Gogeta, and orb changers SS Goten and Fat Buu. Not as many of my friends are running Brolies this year (and I haven't seen another EZA Broly) so I'll probably switch out soon.

There are a lot of good AOE units now on the Extreme end, so I've also got an AGI Rose team with TEQ Majin Vegeta, the F2P Raditz, EZA Broly, and for ki support INT Turles and TEQ Demon King Piccolo, and a Broly or STR Rose buddy. This team got me pretty far the last time, even if you don't one-shot the other team with your first AOE, there's usually another one to follow it up.

For higher ranks I'll probably switch to Super teams that I have stronger leaders and rosters for.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I managed to avoid a special beginner's tutorial by turning off the scenario option and only found out I was missing out on tons of upgrades, by clicking on a scrolling banner. Newbie error.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

I'm only on my 7th WT win, but drat, that free Raditz from awhile ago continues to be a solid workhorse. He was worth 100%'ing.

Edit:

Shindragon posted:

Man it feels like the DB banner is still poo poo. Two gold pulls and two loving R cards

Fuckin' same. The new Yamcha is bountiful, if I weren't just feeding him to Baba right away, he'd probably be SA10 for me already.
The only SSR I've pulled were the dupe Kami and dupe Giant Piccolo from when I used my stocked up tickets. Everything else has been fuckin Yamcha and R cards.

the_steve fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Jun 24, 2018

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Man it feels like the DB banner is still poo poo. Two gold pulls and two loving R cards

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

Shindragon posted:

Unfortunately it might just be you. I've been having decent luck with it. Granted I've done almost 40 pulls with all my saved up tickets, and I haven't gotten the new Jackie Chun yet, but still, I've gotten INT old king piccolo, TEQ young king piccolo, PHY kami, and a dupe of STR giant form piccolo jr. Also STR youth goku, but he doesn't dokkan awaken so meh.

I'm still torn on whether to use my GSSR tickets or keep saving them. All the featured dudes seem pretty meh, am I off-base there?

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

CidGregor posted:

Unfortunately it might just be you. I've been having decent luck with it. Granted I've done almost 40 pulls with all my saved up tickets, and I haven't gotten the new Jackie Chun yet, but still, I've gotten INT old king piccolo, TEQ young king piccolo, PHY kami, and a dupe of STR giant form piccolo jr. Also STR youth goku, but he doesn't dokkan awaken so meh.

Yeah I got two Jackie Chuns, an Old King Piccolo, and Devilman all from around a dozen pulls.

CidGregor posted:

I'm still torn on whether to use my GSSR tickets or keep saving them. All the featured dudes seem pretty meh, am I off-base there?

Hold on to the SSR tickets, the banner got changed up in Japan and will eventually have two different banners (one for WT-specific SSRs and one for general SSRs).

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Remember to hold onto SSRs that don't awaken as you never know when they eventually become good. Case in point Giant Piccolo and STR Kid Goku.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Hold on to the SSR tickets, the banner got changed up in Japan and will eventually have two different banners (one for WT-specific SSRs and one for general SSRs).

gently caress! I've been burning GSSR tickets because I thought they were hot garbage now.