Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Specifically GLAAD contacted Turner Broadcasting, told them the Lenny character was offensive and they were assured Lenny and Lodi would be dropped. Weeks later they watched again, saw they were back, contacted Turner Broadcasting again and Standards and Practices stepped in. That's why Russo renamed them Standards and Practices. I have no idea where Lid got his bullshit story the S&P thing was well known because RUSSO MADE IT A GIMMICK.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

coconono posted:

I'm really curious how TNA-paid(lol) media would frame the first few years of the company. Most the TV spots when they talked about it were kinda handwavey like "we had a bunch of cool stars come through and they paved the way for the current crop of talent" kind of stuff.

I think their podcast is going to start at 2004 sometime but IDK because I am never going to listen to it

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
I want to see Dave Meltzer and Vader in an eating contest now

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Bud, I have some bad news...

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

The Berzerker posted:

I think their podcast is going to start at 2004 sometime but IDK because I am never going to listen to it

It starts with Victory Road 04 instead of the first Impact for some reason too.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

MassRafTer posted:

Specifically GLAAD contacted Turner Broadcasting, told them the Lenny character was offensive and they were assured Lenny and Lodi would be dropped. Weeks later they watched again, saw they were back, contacted Turner Broadcasting again and Standards and Practices stepped in. That's why Russo renamed them Standards and Practices. I have no idea where Lid got his bullshit story the S&P thing was well known because RUSSO MADE IT A GIMMICK.

Clearly my memory of it was hosed, especially as it was dropped after they won the title rather than before and it started pre-Russo. I apologise, im entirely wrong and i based this on how i remembered it going down more on the phantom title switch to Psychosis when they dropped the ginmick.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

mariooncrack posted:

Man, the 90s were a wild time for Dave.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

mariooncrack posted:

Yeah, the Vader update was great. Hopefully, it will be a great obit and most key Meltzer gets the time to write one.

It is very similar to Dr. Death Steve Williams where Dave revealed a friendship posthumously.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.
"Match canceled because one guy didn't want to pretend that he was banging his mom anymore" and "no match due to rear end tattoo" are all-time highlights of the Vinny V Monday Night War Finish Report.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Karmine posted:

"Match canceled because one guy didn't want to pretend that he was banging his mom anymore" and "no match due to rear end tattoo" are all-time highlights of the Vinny V Monday Night War Finish Report.

https://twitter.com/FO_VVerhei/status/1009215834332336130

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Karmine posted:

i can not fathom how the finish report will look sometimes over the next 2 years of nitro

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
The Vader breaking news audio goes some places you would never expect, it's great. Some stories they haven't told since the eyada days.

Daunte Vicknabb
Feb 22, 2005

You are already dead
Tom has mostly been good recently, but he did use the four letter R word rather uncomfortably today describing the Steiners match, if that bothers you.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Rick?

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Please show some tact.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
It's extremely uncomfortable to be in the torture r*ck, who wouldn't be bothered by it?

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
I knew there was something offensive about Spike Dudley's TNA name!

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Daunte Vicknabb posted:

Tom has mostly been good recently, but he did use the four letter R word rather uncomfortably today describing the Steiners match, if that bothers you.

I legit have no idea what this is

Daunte Vicknabb
Feb 22, 2005

You are already dead
There's only one four letter word beginning with R that I think would make people uncomfortable, hint, bad people say it a lot in video games when they "owned" a fellow player and it's not really a good word to be using when describing a pro wrestling match.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

poor

dour

i swear i read "ending in r" but i am leaving this to remind you that i dont just pretend to be extremely stupid for some kind of fun and games. i didnt read the above posts for context to avoid making this mistake, and can't read any posts, and deserve to die

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Jun 21, 2018

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Daunte Vicknabb posted:

There's only one four letter word beginning with R that I think would make people uncomfortable, hint, bad people say it a lot in video games when they "owned" a fellow player and it's not really a good word to be using when describing a pro wrestling match.

I agree but Russo is actually a five letter word.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

the word is rape. i don't say it and wish tom wouldn't either. but it's the word he said.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Oh gotcha

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Dave used to have eating contests with Vader at Korean BBQ restaurants in Japan and you people are talking about a what the washed up MMA fighter said during his latest roid rage?

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

MassRafTer posted:

Dave used to have eating contests with Vader at Korean BBQ restaurants in Japan and you people are talking about a what the washed up MMA fighter said during his latest roid rage?

Can you check your archives for pics of the volleyball player?

Max Coveri
Dec 23, 2015

by Athanatos

Daunte Vicknabb posted:

RIP P(isscast)

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
B&V feed not updating for anyone else?

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
Something's definitely wrong with the Observer's RSS feed. How all the free podcasts never have problem with RSS but the Observer does every few months, I'll never know.

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

I don't really understand what backwards rear end-hosting they use.

Should just move to libsyn like 99% of the podcasts worth a drat.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
It's working again and it was worth it cause Granny watched one of the Omega/Okada matches.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

Incessant Excess posted:

It's working again and it was worth it cause Granny watched one of the Omega/Okada matches.

I think you mean Omeego and Ocato

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Austin is interviewing Enzo on his podcast next week :cripes:

On brighter news, Dave Meltzer is on Jericho's and Rhyno is on Edge and Christian's :)

mariooncrack posted:

I think you mean Omeego and Ocato

Also it was somehow apparently like 5 minutes long in her universe? :allears:

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I might pop a listen on the Enzo podcast out of ghoulish interest but I doubt Austin will verbally body him or anything. I might, depends on how quickly it turns into "geez, women are crazy y'know?" poo poo.

Speaking of verbally bodying, if you ever listen to one Vince Russo interview, make sure its the one from Roddy Piper's podcast. Piper reamed him for like a good 45 minutes.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Lil Baby Davey Meltzer getting all excited because THE Tag Team World Champions were gonna be defending their belts in his town :shobon:

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Can't believe Jericho didn't press Dave on the derby equivalent to Vince buying WCW.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Austin had Chavo Guerrero on his podcast which was an interesting listen, mostly for the two of them raving about how great it is being a member of SAG and all the benefits that a Union provides without seemingly being able to take that chain of thought to its next logical conclusion.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.
Everything I've read about Steve Austin on this page makes me loving hate him ngl

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Karmine posted:

Everything I've read about Steve Austin on this page makes me loving hate him ngl

I agree but i find it hard to hate ole stone cold. He's so funny, warm, inviting, wife beating, charismatic, and charming. If only he was an rear end in a top hat.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
He's a cowardly cowtowing scumbag

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

ICHIBAHN posted:

He's a cowardly cowtowing scumbag

WHAT