Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Caufman
May 7, 2007
Is it remembered who first used the term "dead and gay" to describe SA?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serf
May 5, 2011

Caufman posted:

Is it remembered who first used the term "dead and gay" to describe SA?

isn't that just a quote from heathers?

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Serf posted:

isn't that just a quote from heathers?

That's what I always thought it was

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
i assumed that what it was as well

Friend
Aug 3, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMroWnWIqs0&t=21s

Caufman
May 7, 2007
I didn't even know that movie existed until now. Thanks for helping me learn something new every day!

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

Caufman posted:

I didn't even know that movie existed until now. Thanks for helping me learn something new every day!

:eyepop:

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug
It's a good movie.

And I love my dead, gay forum.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

POOL IS CLOSED posted:

It's a good movie.

I had no idea that was a Heathers quote either.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
how y'all not know heathers

goddamn

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug
Watch any John Hughes summer teen flick and then watch Heathers.

Caufman
May 7, 2007

sneakyfrog posted:

goddamn

My excuse is that neither I nor my parents were born in the US.

We did get Terminator 2 in old country, though, so I felt prepared for my arrival here.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Heathers came out when I was in high school which was the perfect time to be introduced to that movie.

Also it was before school shootings were a fad so there were some scenes that probably play a bit differently now.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

snergle posted:

Maybe he ment tourists? As someone who used to live in a touristy area you could do the same thing by saying the words look at the snow bird taking a picture of a palm tree to me.

I meant Roma, I knew a few years ago and they always called each other Travelers. They seemed pretty chill, just part of a very insular and weird culture.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

sneakyfrog posted:

goddamn

I haven't seen it in probably 15 years :shrug:

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
same but i love my dead gay son is a hell of line to slip :corsair:

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Speaking of dead gay sons, anyone have the quote from that goon who left a message on his parents answering machine that opened with "Hello this is your human being son"?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

purple death ray posted:

Speaking of dead gay sons, anyone have the quote from that goon who left a message on his parents answering machine that opened with "Hello this is your human being son"?

Oh poo poo! I forgot about that.

edit:
That wasn't the same guy that killed himself and told everyone to take a women's study course right?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

POOL IS CLOSED posted:

It's a good movie.

I wonder if you'd still love it if your limp quotes thread had a post.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

sneakyfrog posted:

goddamn

I'd never even heard of it until this very moment. After googling, I was one year old when it came out.

Blue Footed Booby has a new favorite as of 02:04 on Jun 23, 2018

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

goons argue about food, give ohio the disrespect it deserves

hamsystem posted:

I would straight murder one of y'all for some Skyline.

RCarr posted:

That looks so disgusting. Why isn’t the cheese at least melted?

Subjunctive posted:

The customer is supposed to hold it near the Cuyahoga themselves.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

C.M. Kruger posted:

Europeans: "America is soooo racist unlike Europe, which is a shining city on the hill of liberal values!"
me: "and the Romani?"
Europeans: *face cracks and falls away revealing Adolf Hitler*

Marta Velasquez
Mar 9, 2013

Good thing I was feeling suicidal this morning...
Fallen Rib

sneakyfrog posted:

goddamn

It's three decades old.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

sneakyfrog posted:

goddamn
I wasn't even conceived yet when it came out. The world moves on, gramps :shrug:

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

nobody has ever seen a movie that came out before they were born, the technology just doesn't exist yet

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

World War Mammories posted:

goons argue about food, give ohio the disrespect it deserves

:drat:

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

Alaois posted:

nobody has ever seen every movie that came out before they were born, the technology just doesn't exist yet

fixed

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
It's a cult film, but on the lesser known side of the fairly well known cult films. Like...slightly less than The Warriors but probably more than THX 1138

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

I'd never heard of it until the frog got all worked up about it.

O. Henry O-Face
Sep 16, 2009
Dead gay son is a lyric from Heathers: the musical

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
No, it's in the original. And the movie is somehow all the more hilarious for having come out a few years before (iirc) Columbine.

I should have paid more attention, it's a really good preparation for high school.

sunken fleet
Apr 25, 2010

dreams of an unchanging future,
a today like yesterday,
a tomorrow like today.
Fallen Rib
dang I always thought goons were just referencing some great joke a powerful goon had made with that. disillusioned to find out that the meme actually came from some old movie

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

Alaois posted:

nobody has ever seen a movie that came out before they were born, the technology just doesn't exist yet

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
I have come to inform you that I have not heard of that movie until now, I am also older than that movie.

Please update your spreadsheets

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Caufman posted:

It's amazing, watch it.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Eela6 posted:

As a software developer, I guarantee you this is the case.

This sort of stuff is why I'm slightly sceptical of the vision of a future where everyone, everyone rich at least, has their consciousness uploaded into an immortal cyberbody. Even the simplest software can go nuts if just one little thing is in the wrong place, I can't imagine how complicated a digital copy of a human mind would be and all the amazing bugs it would produce.

Imagine a future in which our eternal cybernetic overlords wipe their memory if they see a map of Utah, accidentally switch their language to Saami if they smell cinnamon, and poo poo out a large iron stool if they think about ants.

All because someone made a typo somewhere or accidentally copy/pasted the wrong but of code when programming the machine mind.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

FreudianSlippers posted:

This sort of stuff is why I'm slightly sceptical of the vision of a future where everyone, everyone rich at least, has their consciousness uploaded into an immortal cyberbody. Even the simplest software can go nuts if just one little thing is in the wrong place, I can't imagine how complicated a digital copy of a human mind would be and all the amazing bugs it would produce.

Imagine a future in which our eternal cybernetic overlords wipe their memory if they see a map of Utah, accidentally switch their language to Saami if they smell cinnamon, and poo poo out a large iron stool if they think about ants.

All because someone made a typo somewhere or accidentally copy/pasted the wrong but of code when programming the machine mind.

Sounds like we're well prepared for it.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
All goon humor is references buried under enough layers

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Or no layers at all :goatsecx:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

FreudianSlippers posted:

Poor Freckles, thought of ants and shat out a large iron stool.