Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

SpacePig posted:

I'm more interested in the guy behind him, whose quirk seems to be his limbs falling apart.

Maybe he's like Monsoon from Metal Gear?

EDIT: gently caress!

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Rhonne posted:

Maybe he's like Monsoon from Metal Gear?

EDIT: gently caress!

Memes, Jack :unsmigghh:

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Your memes end here

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Aizawa is the best shonen dad

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
I mean it’s terrible that A Nomu took out the number one hero and all but I’m not going to lie, my first response to that specific person getting it was “Huston, we have noooooo problems...” :unsmigghh:

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Jun 22, 2018

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Mordaedil posted:

You do know Endeavour isn't your dad, right?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Mordaedil posted:

In a fan-fiction I read he was Hawk’s

Hopeford
Oct 15, 2010

Eh, why not?

In a surprise twist, his quirk isn't actually his limbs, those are just cyborg enhancements. His quirk is making Stains of Time play out of nowhere every time he fights.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Aw man, I just realized we're gonna see all the parents on tomorrow's episode. Hell yeah.

https://twitter.com/nomad_jamong/status/1010106535345717248

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

Aw man, I just realized we're gonna see all the parents on tomorrow's episode. Hell yeah.

https://twitter.com/nomad_jamong/status/1010106535345717248

I hope they expand it a bit so we can see a few more of the parents. Don't we only see Jirou's and Bakugou's in the manga?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Rhonne posted:

He cares about his kids, all 20+ of them. Aizawa is secretly the best dad in the series.

Also, I wanna know more about this guy and his hand-cannons:

Finally, we get someone with a rocket punch!

Rhonne posted:

I hope they expand it a bit so we can see a few more of the parents. Don't we only see Jirou's and Bakugou's in the manga?
Don't do Inko dirty like that.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Rhonne posted:

I feel like that would be a pretty good place to put some anime-original content if they need it, yeah.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Rhonne posted:

show us all the parents cowards

i wonder what todoroki's are like

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

PMush Perfect posted:

Don't do Inko dirty like that.

We already knew Inko though! I was talking about parents that were introduced for the first time in that chapter.

Also, they recently announced what the next OP and ED songs for the anime will be:

https://twitter.com/aitaikimochii/status/1010173453394034694

The ending theme will also be the theme for the new movie(we heard it in the last trailer.)

Injuryprone
Sep 26, 2007

Speak up, there's something in my ear.

Nah he's Vector Man

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I really happened to like this first half's opening more than the others. Probably because of the Deku and All Might shots together

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

What the hell is a 'cour'?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

A cour is a three-month unit of television broadcasting, used to denote groups of about 10-14 (usually 13) episodes. Anime seasons are generally one or two cours.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

A half season, or a season, or a series if you're a hosed up person.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Rhonne posted:

Also, they recently announced what the next OP and ED songs for the anime will be:

https://twitter.com/aitaikimochii/status/1010173453394034694

Yay, finally a new opening!

...Wait, Philip can sing?

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.

Mordaedil posted:

I just want what's best for my Icey Hot family.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

Vinylshadow posted:

Nintendo ARMS was a stealth crossover with MHA?
The ARMS are just Quirks that took a long time to manifest.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

SatansBestBuddy posted:

He's not gonna die during this fight.

... well pardon me as I eat my own words...

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Patware posted:

show us all the parents cowards

i wonder what todoroki's are like

There was a good bit of the sports festival dedicated to them.

I'm assuming you mean Tokoyami.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

SatansBestBuddy posted:

... well pardon me as I eat my own words...

Hey.

Like Joe, he's not dead.

Yet.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Waffleman_ posted:

There was a good bit of the sports festival dedicated to them.

I'm assuming you mean Tokoyami.

grimcreaped again

everyone knows Tokoyami's parents are a bauhaus record and a black leather cape with silver accents

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Rhonne posted:

So can we all agree that High End is totally just Muscular?

Also man, this has me worried that the League is going to start taking out the whole 10 top. Stay safe Mirko! :ohdear:

EDIT:

Baby Dabi was small.

I know you're mostly just having fun, but to be a debbie downer there's no way that's real.

That's not Dabi, Dabi has black hair, which actually neither Endeavour or Rei have. Dabi is just someone with a fire quirk, there's nothing implying he's related to Todorki besides, "He knew his name... which he'd know because the sports festival made him a big deal"

Especially as there's no reason to believe Endeavor would ever burn his own child, considering his two other kids, who are older than Todoroki, while the small white haired boy is clearly younger, both show no signs of physical abuse or that their father even really gave a gently caress about them and wasn't laser-focused on making a hybrid quirk heir. In fact, it would straight up go against his focus on surpassing All Might through surrogacy.

So no, Dabi's just a flame-based Quirk-user, he's no more Endeavour's son than Midoriya is. Midoriya's dad breath's fire, does that mean he's also secretly Endeavour?

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

I'm glad for this because we're getting a reprieve of Endeavor chat and also I don't have to worry that I might start finding him cool just because his powerset is awesome. gently caress. PROMINENCE BURN.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

Patware posted:

everyone knows Tokoyami's parents are a bauhaus record and a black leather cape with silver accents
Fumikage's dad is basically Foghorn Loghorn and he just about dies of embarrassment every time Mr. Tokoyami opens his mouth.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Blaze Dragon posted:

Yay, finally a new opening!

...Wait, Philip can sing?

Is it considered unfair if you're using gaia memories to further your career

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Looks like we're finally getting that slice of life spinoff that the second anime ED accidentally invented.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

revelry, i say, revelry in the dark

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Onmi posted:

I know you're mostly just having fun, but to be a debbie downer there's no way that's real.

That's not Dabi, Dabi has black hair, which actually neither Endeavour or Rei have. Dabi is just someone with a fire quirk, there's nothing implying he's related to Todorki besides, "He knew his name... which he'd know because the sports festival made him a big deal"

Especially as there's no reason to believe Endeavor would ever burn his own child, considering his two other kids, who are older than Todoroki, while the small white haired boy is clearly younger, both show no signs of physical abuse or that their father even really gave a gently caress about them and wasn't laser-focused on making a hybrid quirk heir. In fact, it would straight up go against his focus on surpassing All Might through surrogacy.

So no, Dabi's just a flame-based Quirk-user, he's no more Endeavour's son than Midoriya is. Midoriya's dad breath's fire, does that mean he's also secretly Endeavour?

a) people can dye their hair, especially if they have a weird hair color that would clearly mark them as a Todoroki
b) whether or not Endeavor gave Dabi his weird-rear end disfigurement (I agree that he probably did not) isn't relevant to the theory
c) Hoshikori went out of his way in the Bakugou Kidnapping arc to give Shouto and Dabi a weird little moment, which felt an awful lot more like a narrative clue than anything else (the name recognition is less important than the fact that they had that little beat at all)
d) also just going off how narratives work, no other villain has popped up that's had a backstory link to any of Class 1-A, which would be a massive note to miss given the other obvious parallels between the hero course kids and the evil teen squad

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Patware posted:

a) people can dye their hair, especially if they have a weird hair color that would clearly mark them as a Todoroki
b) whether or not Endeavor gave Dabi his weird-rear end disfigurement (I agree that he probably did not) isn't relevant to the theory
c) Hoshikori went out of his way in the Bakugou Kidnapping arc to give Shouto and Dabi a weird little moment, which felt an awful lot more like a narrative clue than anything else (the name recognition is less important than the fact that they had that little beat at all)
d) also just going off how narratives work, no other villain has popped up that's had a backstory link to any of Class 1-A, which would be a massive note to miss given the other obvious parallels between the hero course kids and the evil teen squad

There's also the issue that Cremation just doesn't work how Hellfire works at all. whereas the Half-Heat side of Todoroki works exactly the same as Hellfire does. Granted we don't know everything about everyone's quirks, but beyond both being fire-related they do not appear to function the same.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

Onmi posted:

Especially as there's no reason to believe Endeavor would ever burn his own child

I'm basically on the same page as this post, but I'm gonna quibble here because I can. Dabi's burns look very intentional and painful, so it either lands on torture or extreme self-harm. I agree that even with Endeavor's shortcomings there's no reason to believe it's the former, but nothing says Dabi wouldn't have done the latter. So his burns don't preclude him form being Endeavor's son.

But yeah the evidence for is extremely circumstantial, and now people have to add "and he dyes his hair" on top of that to still make it work.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

I don't think he's a bastard child.

He's a guy so disgruntled at heroes that after Stain's speech he became a villain. So maybe he had a bad interaction with Endeavor a guy he may have looked up to at one time, especially since they have such similar quirks. Possibly even worse was that he was pressured into being a hero because "look your quirk is just as good as the #2 hero's quirk". He could have hated that he was being compared to someone he considers unworthy or not a true hero. Hell maybe those burns ARE from Endeavor because he loving scorched him thinking he was a villain or maybe he was doing villain poo poo already.

But no they knew a famous person's famous kid's name so obviously they're brothers that somehow have amnesia almost as good as FF8s

Kild fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Jun 23, 2018

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I mean, why keep the other brother a secret then if he's not Dabi? Why not have him show up along with his other brother in the last chapter?

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Rhonne posted:

I mean, why keep the other brother a secret then if he's not Dabi? Why not have him show up along with his other brother in the last chapter?

I don't know, did you think the other brother was being kept a secret when we only met the sister when Todo first went to see his mother? Is Dabi Deku's dad because Deku's dad hasn't been shown, and why not show him while his son is competing in the sports festival?

Why didn't the other brother show up? Because surprisingly, Horikoshi is a good writer and understands the tenants of keeping a scene simplistic. The extra brother would just be there to be background or add more words. Why if him being missing is such a big deal, do none of the kids mention him when thinking poorly of Endeavor?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Watch Dabi pretend to be Endeavour's son to create a scandal but it turns out he's unrelated.