Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

jammyozzy posted:

Similarly I blew past an Ohio trooper on the IN/OH border on I-70 and the guy didn't even look at me, so I didn't even get to use the "I just really wanted to get out of Indiana" line.

Driving round Indianapolis I had cruisers roll in behind and follow me 2 or 3 times in the 3 months I was there, follow me for a couple of minutes and then clear off again each time. I dunno why they found my company-issued white Toyota so interesting.

Speeding around in Indiana is a game. They probably thought your Toyota was an unmarked car so you should have probably headed to a Subway for lunch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Dave Inc.
Nov 26, 2007
Let's have a drink!

I love running over big puddles to throw monster rooster tails, but this guy takes it to another level.

Zamboni Apocalypse
Dec 29, 2009
Autopilot phonedriving - not even once.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
China.gif

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

I love gif creators circle the action because otherwise it's so easy to miss.

Whiz Palace
Dec 8, 2013

Javid posted:

China.gif

It's Japan.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

slidebite posted:

I love gif creators circle the action because otherwise it's so easy to miss.

Sadly there is a subreddit for this.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

STR posted:

Never buying another (small) silver car. I'd been in 2 accidents in my life before I owned that damned thing, then 3 in 5 years. My insurance is loving rape now, despite none of them being my fault.

I had my really nice accident record ruined by an idiot at my last job, on my way to a client, in a company car. The moron blew through a red light to make a left turn, I was heading straight from the opposite direction, and his passenger headlight/bumper smacked into my driver's side wheel well/bumper. Was an old Asian dude in his mid 70s, he tried to say that he had right of way and the light wasn't red but 4 other people stepped up and were like "nah, we watched him blow through the light". Dumb rear end in a top hat.

Also my "curse cars" have either been red or blue when it comes to bad things happening. My last car was an 03 Malibu that I dubbed the Animal Destroyer, I swear animals were suicidal around it and I'd either hit one or have near misses like every other day. The last animal I hit was a decent sized deer, popped it doing about 20mph when it ran out of the bushes on a blind turn and smashed my passenger headlight. Deer ran off, somehow the bulb still worked in the light until I got the assembly replaced.

BOOTY-ADE fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Jun 18, 2018

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

So I was turning left onto my street from the main road, and one of my jerk neighbors was at the stop sign on my street, waiting to turn left onto the main road. Did I miss the memo where I'm supposed to let people at a stop sign go before me? Because she definitely turned into my car a bit and said something out the window. gently caress you lady, I have right of way and it's a busy road.

e: this is the same lady that has been blowing her leaves and yard poo poo directly onto my driveway/cars since we moved in 3 years ago, and also has a dying tree overhanging my driveway that drops bird poo poo and tree sap all over our cars.

Zamboni Apocalypse
Dec 29, 2009

Mein Kampf Enthusiast posted:

So I was turning left onto my street from the main road, and one of my jerk neighbors was at the stop sign on my street, waiting to turn left onto the main road. Did I miss the memo where I'm supposed to let people at a stop sign go before me? Because she definitely turned into my car a bit and said something out the window. gently caress you lady, I have right of way and it's a busy road.

e: this is the same lady that has been blowing her leaves and yard poo poo directly onto my driveway/cars since we moved in 3 years ago, and also has a dying tree overhanging my driveway that drops bird poo poo and tree sap all over our cars.

Way too many fuckheads drivers seem to think it's a rule or just polite to allow cars waiting at a stop sign entering a through street to "take turns" entering, even when traffic is flowing normally. I don't have an issue if a gap is left when everything is stopped waiting for the light or whatnot, but don't loving slow down to five miles per hour or stop to wave them in goddammit it's *controlled* for that street and every law I've ever seen says COME TO A HALT AND WAIT FOR A BREAK IN TRAFFIC PERIOD.

Meanwhile, does anyone know of a good sturdy cowcatcher or ramming snowplow that's suitable for a Grand Caravan? :black101: This should also be suitable for moving idiots who want to cross four lanes of rush-hour traffic from a side street so they can turn left one block later...

RollsRoyce
Feb 11, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
Save your money for the inevitable Grand Caravan rust repairs :v:

joe944
Jan 31, 2004

What does not destroy me makes me stronger.

gently caress you lady, I have right of way and it's a busy road.

Yeah some bitch did this to me last weekend. I didn't leave a gap for her to enter but she just jammed in and waited for me to hit her. Almost did.

I won't say what I did afterwards but I hope she has a hard time getting the rubber off her car.

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

joe944 posted:

Yeah some bitch did this to me last weekend. I didn't leave a gap for her to enter but she just jammed in and waited for me to hit her. Almost did.

I won't say what I did afterwards but I hope she has a hard time getting the rubber off her car.

Same here, except for the last two words

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

wayfinder posted:

Same here, except for the last two words

:blush:

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

Depending on which state you are in, the part of the tree that overhangs your property may be considered yours and you can take those branches down.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
I had some guy get visibly irate with me because I was leaving Target and had stopped, checked both ways, couldn't see anyone, so I turned left out of the parking lot. This guy had just turned down the road and didn't have to brake or anything, but decided to stop and point at me and was clearly yelling something at me. I shrugged at him and drove off.

Some people just want a reason to be mad, I guess.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

My neighbor has a big tree that drapes over my driveway, he's paid to have it trimmed to reduce the possibility of big branches damaging our cars. I'm got no experience with what the law says but I imagine there's some potential for liability with stuff like that.

Even if the law says it's not his fault, it'd certainly tarnish the block parties if dude's tree crushed my ride.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Legally I can do it but it would probably cost me a couple grand :(

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

Legally I can do it but it would probably cost me a couple grand :(
Buy a pole saw for a couple hundred (if that?) and go to town. It's fun.

flightless greeb
Jan 28, 2016

Protocol7 posted:

I had some guy get visibly irate with me because I was leaving Target and had stopped, checked both ways, couldn't see anyone, so I turned left out of the parking lot. This guy had just turned down the road and didn't have to brake or anything, but decided to stop and point at me and was clearly yelling something at me. I shrugged at him and drove off.

Should have just faded slowly to nothingness like the flying dutchman. Bet that would have freaked him out

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Krakkles posted:

Buy a pole saw for a couple hundred (if that?) and go to town. It's fun.

That's actually a good idea, but I rent the place and the legal definition of "my property" would be pretty dubious, I think.

In other news last night's rain left shitloads of hard water stains on my car, which has never happened before. 50/50 white vinegar/water is magical.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
For the love of god will people please stop coming to a complete halt at a right turn where YOU HAVE A PROTECTED LANE?

gently caress, just look at the road in front of you! Nobody there! Nobody COULD be there. Just goooooo.

These idiots are so loving dumb if I honk they get ultra upset. How do you not realize how dumb you are being?

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

Protocol7 posted:

I merged on to the highway the other day, and got in to the left lane to pass slower traffic. There was a car about 10 car lengths behind me. I noticed him getting closer. I was already doing 70 when I merged so I just sped up until he was not getting closer. He kept trying to catch up. Traffic cleared, and I pulled in to the right lane at about 95 mph and started slowing down, and the fucker still passed me at what had to be over 100, then slowed down staying like 4 car lengths in front of me. And of course stayed left.

I was never even remotely close to this guy and he still chased me down as if I cut him off.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

You just got dominated and are now the highway beta.

sleepy.eyes
Sep 14, 2007

Like a pig in a chute.
Saw an Explorer going down the highway with 3 flats. It'll be exciting when a few make their break for freedom.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?

Protocol7 posted:

Man I recently turned right onto a highway onramp and yielded to a guy who had turned left onto it and he pointed at the yield sign...like, I saw it dude, I yielded.

Then once we got on the highway he was the stereotypical aggressive highway driver.

???

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT
Heading out of work yesterday, I hit a 4 way stop right outside my office parking lot. I'm waiting at the red heading south and it goes green, there are lines of cars on both the east and west side, and as soon as I get into the intersection some douchebag comes flying up from the right, ignores that he has a red light and drat near clips my front passenger fender squeezing ahead of me. I lay on the horn, and he flips me off and speeds into a nearby shopping center, you know the whole "I just hosed up so I'm gonna run away in case the guy I pissed off is a card carrying psycho" maneuver.

I didn't follow, but seriously, WTF? Half tempted to start carrying rotten eggs in my car so I can track these assholes down and give them a little surprise for being shitheads.

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

xzzy posted:

poo poo. Story of my fuckin life.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

xzzy posted:

Cucked by the highway bull.

joe944
Jan 31, 2004

What does not destroy me makes me stronger.
These are the mustangs you share a road with.

http://www.ksbw.com/article/tree-saves-highway-17-driver-s-life-chp-says/21754709

LloydDobler posted:

I merged on to the highway the other day, and got in to the left lane to pass slower traffic. There was a car about 10 car lengths behind me. I noticed him getting closer. I was already doing 70 when I merged so I just sped up until he was not getting closer. He kept trying to catch up. Traffic cleared, and I pulled in to the right lane at about 95 mph and started slowing down, and the fucker still passed me at what had to be over 100, then slowed down staying like 4 car lengths in front of me. And of course stayed left.

I was never even remotely close to this guy and he still chased me down as if I cut him off.

I love messing with people that do this. I like to see how far they are willing to go to pass me.

joe944 fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Jun 22, 2018

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug
I was driving Southbound on I-85 near Atlanta today and witnessed a Ram 1500 flat towing a Nissan Altima which had a trailer hitch, and was flat towing an older Hyundai of sorts. :psyduck: Like a super lovely version of an Aussie Road Train, except about 10,000 times more dangerous. I wish I had a dash cam for this, because hoooly poo poo.

I want to see that guy slam the brakes (behind a crash barrier 300 feet away).

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

Can you even legally have >1 trailer on a regular license? I've seen an RV towing a camper towing a car before.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Javid posted:

Can you even legally have >1 trailer on a regular license? I've seen an RV towing a camper towing a car before.

hell yea some southern states allow these multi-trailer nightmare combos.
Although what Ripoff describes is probably not legal as assembled.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
When my uncle moved to drop bear land :australia:, he had to swap his UK licence over.

:cop: "Yeaaaaah, you've got 'HGV1' on here, what the gently caress is that?"
:cool: "Basically, any vehicle with any trailer, no weight limit"
:cop: "Oh, so you can drive road trains?"
:confused: "WTF is a road train?"
:cop: "Well, y'see that big bastard truck out there? It's one of them."
:cool: "Yeah, I can handle that, I reckon."
:cop: "Huh, 'you reckon?" Idontbelieveyou.jpg. Give it a run round the block, let's see if you can really drive one."
:cool: "Back!"
:cop: "Welp, hairy muff. Here's your new licence with an MC endorsement. Bit weird getting a trucker in here TBH, normally the agency sorts this stuff for you guys."
:cool: "As well they might, thing is, I'm a dentist."
:cop: :wtc:

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

Lesson to those helping relatives move:

When someone in an unfamiliar apartment complex's parking lot says "hey that uhaul there sticks way out from the space and blocks me from pulling out of mine", the correct response is not "gently caress you, learn to drive". Uhaul will tow their own vehicles if somebody complains, and the complaining party doesn't get the bill for it.

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

TotalLossBrain posted:

hell yea some southern states allow these multi-trailer nightmare combos.
Although what Ripoff describes is probably not legal as assembled.

Yeah this was something else. First off, there should be “trailer” brakes on the rearmost car because any brake application while doing anything but driving perfectly straight could see the cars making an accordion-like jackknifing which would make any YouTuber seeking glory scream in joy. Also, probably more importantly, the Altima’s trailer hitch is most definitely not engineered to flat tow a possibly 3,000 lb automobile in any way. That could make for some fun subframe-crunching action if someone cuts you off on 85, which happens approximately every 30 seconds.

If I don’t see them on the news tomorrow I’m guessing they either got pulled over by a cop who is probably still saying “what the gently caress” aloud at the bar or they, by the grace of god alone, made it.

Craptacular
Jul 11, 2004

Ripoff posted:

I was driving Southbound on I-85 near Atlanta today and witnessed a Ram 1500 flat towing a Nissan Altima which had a trailer hitch, and was flat towing an older Hyundai of sorts. :psyduck: Like a super lovely version of an Aussie Road Train, except about 10,000 times more dangerous. I wish I had a dash cam for this, because hoooly poo poo.

It's not uncommon at all to see that here in Texas. Mexican used car dealers come here, buy used vehicles, and use the biggest one to tow two others back down to Mexico for resale. Something must've changed recently with in state law because I've seen cars being driven/towed to Mexico for sale for years, but until recently I've never seen one vehicle towing more than one other vehicle. Now most are towing two.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Ripoff posted:

I want to see that guy slam the brakes (behind a crash barrier 300 feet away).

I see that poo poo ALL THE TIME driving on I-35 between DFW and Austin, also every time I'm on I-10 west of Midland. Generally all 3 have some degree of accident damage, I've always assumed they were auction cars headed toward Mexico to begin a new life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

InitialDave posted:

When my uncle moved to drop bear land :australia:, he had to swap his UK licence over.

:cop: "Yeaaaaah, you've got 'HGV1' on here, what the gently caress is that?"
:cool: "Basically, any vehicle with any trailer, no weight limit"
:cop: "Oh, so you can drive road trains?"
:confused: "WTF is a road train?"
:cop: "Well, y'see that big bastard truck out there? It's one of them."
:cool: "Yeah, I can handle that, I reckon."
:cop: "Huh, 'you reckon?" Idontbelieveyou.jpg. Give it a run round the block, let's see if you can really drive one."
:cool: "Back!"
:cop: "Welp, hairy muff. Here's your new licence with an MC endorsement. Bit weird getting a trucker in here TBH, normally the agency sorts this stuff for you guys."
:cool: "As well they might, thing is, I'm a dentist."
:cop: :wtc:

Lol nice punchline, a British dentist, lol