Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stairs
Oct 13, 2004
I would legit give WD another chance if they make loving Negan the new Rick.
*Actual* struggling of a character to decide what kind of person they want to be as opposed to every single supposed "are we the baddies?" moment from Rick? Sign me the gently caress up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stairs
Oct 13, 2004

Stairs posted:

I would legit give WD another chance if they make loving Negan the new Rick.
*Actual* struggling of a character to decide what kind of person they want to be as opposed to every single supposed "are we the baddies?" moment from Rick? Sign me the gently caress up.

Fake edit: It would be like if Shane had lived and Rick had turned at the farm.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

I predict Rick will not die, but ride off into the sunset, to be potentially brought back in a future Walking Dead universe. I mean, what does killing the guy off do for the show. Another crying scene

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Spellman posted:

He's actually pansexual, meaning he will gently caress the dead

At this point I think Daryl is the most asexual person to ever live, he's never made the move on a single person in the entire apocalypse and never even complained about it

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009
It seems to me that concluding Rick's story (however they would do it) is the only remaining way to end the series in any sort of meaningful or satisfying way. Even then they would have had to be planning this for a while in order to execute it properly.

As it is, this will probably be like in The Office after Michael leaves. The show circling the drain before they just pull the plug.

Acacia REI
Oct 8, 2016

I'm kind of sad that it got announced. I know it probably would have leaked anyway, but I'm fairly good at avoiding leaked spoilers. I was not expecting to see "ANDREW LINCOLN LEAVING HALFWAY THROUGH NEXT SEASON" as the first headline on my reddit feed. I'm not mad, I know discussing shows online inevitably leads to spoilers, just kind of sad that I know it's gonna happen before it does and it's gonna suck most of the impact out.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

‘My only child is already dead... now I can be with him...’
‘But Judith-‘
‘I said... my only child...’
*dies*

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017
They can't get rid of Rick, who is going to be able to generate that much sweat?

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Acacia REI posted:

I'm kind of sad that it got announced. I know it probably would have leaked anyway, but I'm fairly good at avoiding leaked spoilers. I was not expecting to see "ANDREW LINCOLN LEAVING HALFWAY THROUGH NEXT SEASON" as the first headline on my reddit feed. I'm not mad, I know discussing shows online inevitably leads to spoilers, just kind of sad that I know it's gonna happen before it does and it's gonna suck most of the impact out.

I know. Remember when Travis died on Fear? It was like 'HOLY gently caress!!'

Then again when characters die on Fear they don't get an hour long monologue, they loving die

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

Blazing Ownager posted:

Then again when characters die on Fear they don't get an hour long monologue, they loving die

That's how state of decay works and it fuckin owns

Oh, you got ripped in half? Well go pick a new character while we flush the ashes down the drain

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Blazing Ownager posted:

Right, they're not being super cagey about it so I'm not inclined to believe he dies. His whole everything would be pointless now if this was going to be his death; Judith, along with Carl's vision for the future is essentially his plot armor

Maybe early retirement is his future, there are other thriving communities where he wouldn't have to be in a leadership roll

Jay_Zombie
Apr 20, 2007

We're sealing the tunnel!

LadyPictureShow posted:

‘My only child is already dead... now I can be with him...’
‘But Judith-‘
‘I said... my only child...’
*dies*

Prediction.
Judith turns and eats Rick. Maggie walks in on a Zombaby with 180 lbs of Andrew Lincoln in it's stomach, passes out, hits her head on a table and gets an intracranial bleed. Siddique or whatever the new doctor guy's name is tries to preform impromptu brain surgery and fails. No one can bear to put Zombaggie down, so they get Neegan to do it. Neegan busts her head apart with Lucille. Judith, still trying to crawl towards them with a fully grown man inside her grotesquely distended stomach finally pops, leaving only a Zombaby head. Neegan picks up the head by the hair turns to the group and says "I hope you've got your making GBS threads pants on" before tossing the head in the air, and Babe Ruthing it over the fence with Lucille.

Neegan turns to the camera and breaks the 4th wall by saying "How long do you think we can keep this up?" Screen fades to black. All remaining episodes are scenes from previous seasons, intercut as flashbacks. There are commercial breaks every 60 seconds. Chris Hardwick begins openly drinking hard liquor on air and challenging audience members to fight him IRL before being dragged away by security.

Fear the Walking Dead wins an Emmy.

Jay_Zombie fucked around with this message at 22:29 on May 30, 2018

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Anyone think if that Maggie and Rick kill each other that'll be the funniest middle finger to the audience ever?

Her heel turn is out of nowhere anyway.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Blazing Ownager posted:

Anyone think if that Maggie and Rick kill each other that'll be the funniest middle finger to the audience ever?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmd1qMN5Yo0

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Jay_Zombie posted:

Siddique or whatever the new doctor guy's name is tries to preform impromptu brain surgery and fails.

Fear already did that. Travis went apeshit on two dudebros, this guy Oscar attempted to intervene and Travis slammed his head in the door jamb.

The guy’s brother attempted to pop out a piece of his skull with one of those things you punch out door knob holes with but failed.

He went for revenge and Alicia ended up stabbing him even though he was the closest thing to a doctor the group had.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

Jay_Zombie posted:

Prediction.
Judith turns and eats Rick. Maggie walks in on a Zombaby with 180 lbs of Andrew Lincoln, passes out, hits her head on a table and gets an intracranial bleed. Siddique or whatever the new doctor guy's name is tries to preform impromptu brain surgery and fails. No one can bear to put Zombaggie down, so they get Neegan to do it. Neegan busts her head apart with Lucille. Judith, still trying to crawl towards them with a fully grown man inside her grotesquely distended stomach finally pops, leaving only a Zombaby head. Neegan picks up the head by the hair turns to the group and says "I hope you've got your making GBS threads pants on" before tossing the head in the air, and Babe Ruthing it over the fence with Lucille.

Neegan turns to the camera and breaks the 4th wall by saying "How long do you think we can keep this up?" Screen fades to black. All remaining episodes are scenes from previous seasons, intercut as flashbacks. There are commercial breaks every 60 seconds. Chris Hardwick begins openly drinking hard liquor on air and challenging audience members to fight him IRL before being dragged away by security.

Fear the Walking Dead wins an Emmy.

Thank you, goon sir. :patriot:

Jay_Zombie
Apr 20, 2007

LadyPictureShow posted:

Fear already did that. Travis went apeshit on two dudebros, this guy Oscar attempted to intervene and Travis slammed his head in the door jamb.

The guy’s brother attempted to pop out a piece of his skull with one of those things you punch out door knob holes with but failed.

He went for revenge and Alicia ended up stabbing him even though he was the closest thing to a doctor the group had.

Disclaimer, I've only seen the first season and a half of FTWD. I have to go back and watch more since everyone says it gets better.

Jay_Zombie
Apr 20, 2007

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

Thank you, goon sir. :patriot:

This is the first time I've ever been referred to as "goon sir". Thank you. I'll remember this day forever.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Jay_Zombie posted:

Neegan busts her head apart with Lucille.

LadyPictureShow posted:

this guy Oscar attempted to intervene and Travis slammed his head in the door jamb.

Suddenly I feel like I'm in the wrong zombie show thread... :psyduck:

Mr. F!

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bjdv8BEgYUz/

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Jay_Zombie posted:

Disclaimer, I've only seen the first season and a half of FTWD. I have to go back and watch more since everyone says it gets better.

I must warn the last two episodes got Gimpled as gently caress

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Blazing Ownager posted:

I'll be honest, I didn't even watch them due to this general vibe from the thread. Also, when the ambush wound up being setup in a lame way, and Dorie getting hit, I was like: "Okaaaay, chances are good this is the Gimplening in effect, so let's just hold off on the last two unless the thread feels good about them." and yyyeah. :(

I dunno, maybe I'll come back to it in august if I feel like it.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Eh, TWD is still tired, FTWD is wired. It might flip with the new season, but we'll see

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.

Spellman posted:

Eh, TWD is still tired, FTWD is wired. It might flip with the new season, but we'll see

When Gimple was placed in control of the entire TWD/FTWD continuity, he's really ported over all the bad stuff from The Walking Dead into Fear. Which is a huge shame. I still feel S3 of Fear is the best either show has been in a looooong time, maybe ever. Watch up til the end of S3 though!

Spellman
May 31, 2011

JossiRossi posted:

When Gimple was placed in control of the entire TWD/FTWD continuity, he's really ported over all the bad stuff from The Walking Dead into Fear. Which is a huge shame. I still feel S3 of Fear is the best either show has been in a looooong time, maybe ever. Watch up til the end of S3 though!

Yea it's just, we haven't watched FTWD suck for 2 straight years; a couple of episodes that suck here and there, it's fine, whatever...

But I am over the epicc midseason finales. I feel it really does force these shows into panic mode, for no reason

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Some early The Spoiling Dead Fan spoilers:

"Basically Gregory tries to manipulate Earl (Hilltop’s blacksmith) into killing Maggie. Earl's son Ken was killed during a run, and Gregory, knowing that Earl is an alcoholic, gets him drunk and convinces him to attack Maggie. He does, and Maggie and Enid are both injured. Enid is confined to a wheelchair, though it isn't permanent. Maggie eventually finds out the truth and publicly executes Gregory. (Hangs him like in the comics)

BUH BYE GREGORY!! TOO BAD SO SAD. Not."

"In episode 9.02, Michonne rides in on a horse alone to Hilltop to talk with Jesus and Maggie. That's when she notices the Hilltop has way more food and realizes that Maggie is keeping resources from the Sanctuary intentionally. The Hilltop has significant food resources now, but Maggie is basically starving them."

---

I'm going to guess they're going to suddenly make Maggie into the half-season villain, twisting her character solely because they need a villain confrontation for the mid-season finale, and they need a way to kill both Rick and Maggie off, because the show loves contorting characters' personalities to suit the needs of sudden changes in the acting talent and drama instead of making any sense

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

CrazyLoon posted:

I'll be honest, I didn't even watch them due to this general vibe from the thread. Also, when the ambush wound up being setup in a lame way, and Dorie getting hit, I was like: "Okaaaay, chances are good this is the Gimplening in effect, so let's just hold off on the last two unless the thread feels good about them." and yyyeah. :(

I dunno, maybe I'll come back to it in august if I feel like it.

It's the most gimpled TV that ever gimpled.

It's really loving bad. They ruined all the characters, the living and the dead.

I really hope HBO picks up the season 3 show runner or something.

Jay_Zombie
Apr 20, 2007

Blazing Ownager posted:

Oh, you mean like Otis got Gimpled?

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Jay_Zombie posted:

This should be side by side with the gang wandering down the road with a swarm of zombies behind them, not giving a gently caress

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

I'm glad I stopped watching after season... 6, I think and just read this thread instead. The gifs tell me all the story I need, and better!

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Jay_Zombie posted:

Yeah that is a pretty good graphic representation of the Gimple effect

loving people over for no reason instead of just walking on to success

ED: Is it sad that I think Gimple is sitting in his office super proud of all this, going 'This is just like Game of Thrones! Everyone's upset about character deaths! Perfection!' and not understanding everyone hates his lovely shows.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Thread is deader than Gimples creative talent.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Jay_Zombie posted:

I kind of wish I had the time to photoshop Gimple's face on Shane shooting the show there, haven't seen that one done yet

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Cactus posted:

Thread is deader than Gimples creative talent.

The Walking Dead Eyebrow

ahhahah

e: Just looking at them again and lmao I hope you make the best OP Blazer, and my insane searching at odd hours of the night pics and gifs give you some good content.

e2: Yessss before I go smoke up and go to bed I found a great gimple you could use

Barreft fucked around with this message at 07:07 on Jun 23, 2018

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Set photos started the rumor and TV Line confirms Shane's coming back for an episode

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
lmao so one good thing is next season no more god drat talking dead with Chris hardwick

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Chris James 2 posted:

Set photos started the rumor and TV Line confirms Shane's coming back for an episode

Flashback and/or "Rick sees everyone he's killed as he dies"?

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

This whole thing is imploding into a Dexter situation.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Barreft posted:

The Walking Dead Eyebrow

ahhahah

e: Just looking at them again and lmao I hope you make the best OP Blazer, and my insane searching at odd hours of the night pics and gifs give you some good content.

e2: Yessss before I go smoke up and go to bed I found a great gimple you could use

I'm going to have to stay on the ball to make a new thread for S8.

If I fail, whoever does better make the entire OP nothing but Gimple. Gimple all the way down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Blazing Ownager posted:

I'm going to have to stay on the ball to make a new thread for S8.

If I fail, whoever does better make the entire OP nothing but Gimple. Gimple all the way down.

We're on S9 this fall. No one cared about this show enough to make an S8 OP