Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

whypick1 posted:

1999? When Holmgren first started and we won the division?

'08 was Holmgren's last year, '09 Mora's only.

I meant that holmgren was outdated and figured out by the end of his time as he would never change anything (HERE COMES ANOTHER FULLBACK DRAW). The 08 team looked uninspired and it's best players were falling apart RIP walter jones. didn't think about the year other than it was in a different century/millennia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/alriveron/status/1010248132108709890

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

TY for not throwing SB LII to the Pats, Gene. Good job going out on top.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

that's not all

https://twitter.com/awfulannouncing/status/1010283449335275520

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

YAY! The Browns are on a chart! And we rank high on consistency! YEEAAAAHHHHH!!!

Gettin' hosed to-nite!

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

gently caress McAulay

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

I bet this dude has plenty of bullshit calls but his decisions in the super bowl were legit. Ertz was clearly a runner, Clement never lost control of the ball at any moment, but lots of refs would've relished a chance to call it differently. With all the other lovely stuff going on in this country another Pats super bowl win would've driven me completely insane

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/06/22/third-man-with-jameis-winston-and-ronald-darby-is-now-in-prison-for-rape/

quote:

Third man with Jameis Winston and Ronald Darby is now in prison for rape

It was also reported at the time that a third man was with Winston and Darby, and today comes news that the third man was Brandon Banks, a former Vanderbilt football player who is now in prison for rape.

Banks’ attorney, Mark Scruggs, told ESPN that Banks was with Winston and Darby in a different Uber earlier in the evening, but that Winston went into the car alone with the driver who accused him of grabbing her crotch later in the night. Darby claimed the three of them were all in the Uber together and Winston was never alone with the woman. Scruggs said Banks doesn’t know what happened between Winston and the driver because Winston and the driver were the only people in the car.

“What happened after that, they cannot say,” Scruggs said of Banks and Darby.

The Uber incident took place in March of 2016, after Banks had been accused of raping a woman in a Vanderbilt dorm room but before he had gone on trial. Banks would later be convicted and sentenced to 15 years in prison.

That's, uh, some questionable decision making, regardless of what actually happened.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

I think it's pretty obvious now that what happened is a drunk Winston reached over and grabbed a woman's crotch. I don't believe the NFL would've suspended him at all if that much wasn't clear

I have no idea how this convicted rapist figures into it though. Maybe he was regaling Winston with tales of derring-do and rape and Jameis got all fired up to try it for himself?

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Play posted:

I think it's pretty obvious now that what happened is a drunk Winston reached over and grabbed a woman's crotch. I don't believe the NFL would've suspended him at all if that much wasn't clear

I have no idea how this convicted rapist figures into it though. Maybe he was regaling Winston with tales of derring-do and rape and Jameis got all fired up to try it for himself?

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/15/sports/football/jameis-winston-erica-kinsman-lawsuit.html

https://deadspin.com/tallahassee-police-finally-admit-problems-with-investig-1746446618

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/inside-the-jameis-winston-rape-case-file/

Choice of friends is just interesting, given his history.

Edit: annnnd Ronald Darby is one of the guys who gave him cover in that 2013 rape case.

Coldforge fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Jun 23, 2018

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Countdown until Jameis gets a season long placement on commissioners exemptions list and then going the Greg Hardy route.

Miss Lonelyhearts
Mar 22, 2003

What an rear end in a top hat

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Jameis Winston is a piece of poo poo

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Banks is one of the guys in the Vanderbilt gang rape case where four football players recorded the whole thing on their cell phones if you remember that. I was surprised he remained out so long but I guess he was only convicted and sentenced last August.

This happened while James Franklin was there and there were rumors he might have done some not totally on the up and up stuff to try to keep it quiet. Of course this meant nothing to Penn State because why would they care about a silly thing like that?

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Keith Atherton posted:

Jameis Winston is a piece of poo poo

You don’t say

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Dammit Darby...

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

This is, what, the third known allegation now?

Winston is a rapist.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

SKULL.GIF posted:

This is, what, the third known allegation now?

Winston is a rapist.

Remember when everyone was saying he obviously was a piece of poo poo before he got drafted and then people got the vapors and insisted he wasn't but nope, he was always a piece of poo poo?

Fun times.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

vacate everything from his time at FSU imo

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Who has ever said he wasn’t a piece of poo poo? Nobody here that I remember.

I love the Bucs but I’ve always separated the two since the got drafted. I refuse to root for him.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Joey Freshwater posted:

I love the Bucs but I’ve always separated the two since the got drafted. I refuse to root for him.

I don't think it was anyone here, more the national media.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

axeil posted:

I don't think it was anyone here, more the national media.

Well that’s not really all that surprising

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Joey Freshwater posted:

I remember some poster pointing at hard knocks or something going "see he's grown up "

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

He's had a very Ben Roethlisberger start to his career, except without all that postseason success

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Flikken posted:

I remember some poster pointing at hard knocks or something going "see he's grown up "

It may have been me because I definitely at one point said he looks like he’s a good leader and the team respects him but I also followed it up by saying it’s too bad he’s a garbage human.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Kalli posted:

He's had a very Ben Roethlisberger start to his career, except without all that postseason success

And Ben was an actual for real comp for him before the draft, which was always morbidly funny.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Kalli posted:

The Big Ben Moral Quandary

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

The Tom Brady Asterisk Conundrum

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I only root for moral quarterbacks like Ryan Tannehill

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Joey Freshwater posted:

there's like at least 2 or 3 guys here that love him and he's literally their avatar

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Raku posted:

there's like at least 2 or 3 guys here that love him and he's literally their avatar

Yes Manas, noted Jameis lover and ???

There’s maybe 2-3 Bucs fans total lol

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
someone plz buy me a new title to support these dumb gay forums

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
June N/V: Winston Throws Career

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

piss tape israel posted:

someone plz buy me a new title to support these dumb gay forums

same.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

*to raucous audience laughter* thassa my quarterback!!!

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man
I’m glad my quarterback has no bad sexual hangups

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Phobeste posted:

I’m glad my quarterback has no bad sexual hangups

Yeah, he proudly open-mouth kisses his kids, and dad

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Yeah, he proudly open-mouth kisses his kids, and dad
hosed up but true

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
My quarterback IS my bad sexual hangup please help

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

My quarterback loves to kiss tittiess :smuggo:

• Locked thread