Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

Hashim posted:

France will start with liberals, Russia with conservatives.

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RubricMarine
Feb 14, 2012

Hashim posted:

I think so, yeah. I'm actually not sure whether it's even possible to start victoria 2 with truces (maybe someone knows an event effect for it?), but if not I'll just put in a day 1 war that immediately ends and gives the major powers of the Tirruni Wars 5-year truces with each other.

That'll require me to put in a separate war between each of the different countries though, so we'll see whether that becomes too cumbersome.

You can start with truces. In the country's OOB file, it's under the relations score. So in, say, Morocco's OOB, they would have

IBE = {
value = -200
truce_until = 1840.1.1
}

Or something like that.

Snipee
Mar 27, 2010
10 years is a long time. I think that if we want to make sure that we can take advantage of Morocco's temporary distractions, we should vote for the Royalists immediately.

Also, they're the only party that does not seem interested in religious pluralism. I'm definitely voting for our last few chances at religious conversation in Iberia before the Majlis start falling over themselves to start another doomed colonial enterprise.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

It makes the most sense that the moderates would be the ones in charge at the start of the game imo.

Snipee
Mar 27, 2010

Rodyle posted:

It makes the most sense that the moderates would be the ones in charge at the start of the game imo.

But why are we going to vote in the party that explicitly describes their War Policy as "Anti Military" right as the Moroccan Empire is about to implode? :colbert:

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

RubricMarine posted:

You can start with truces. In the country's OOB file, it's under the relations score. So in, say, Morocco's OOB, they would have

IBE = {
value = -200
truce_until = 1840.1.1
}

Or something like that.

I also think that if you have a war in the history files ending in like 1835 then the truce will be effective from then, but I might be confusing games at this point. Been a while.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.

Snipee posted:

But why are we going to vote in the party that explicitly describes their War Policy as "Anti Military" right as the Moroccan Empire is about to implode? :colbert:

They're still going to want their cores.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
Anti-Military's not great, but it's not Pacifist (which is pretty much explicitly there to gently caress over people).

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

Didn't Russia vote for us? I support we befriend the big bear.

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Cure for cancer discovered!
Court physicians hate him!

RubricMarine posted:

IBE = {
value = -200
truce_until = 1840.1.1
}

Or something like that.

Oh that's great, thanks! The congress powers will definitely start with a few truces then.

MaxieSatan
Oct 19, 2017

critical support for anarchists
I agree that the Moderates are where it's at, right now. Military and naval concerns will be more pressing if and when we need to worry about major or far-away powers. Right now an industrial base seems way more valuable, and we really could stand to rebuild in the aftermath of the war.

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

As a descendant of the merchants I'll be voting liberal even if LF is the dumbest economic policy. Capitalism ho!

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
I'm going Reactionaries. Ulema forever!

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
what's our literacy rate?

early industrialization is not necessarily that efficient. whats our RGO situation

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

what's our literacy rate?

early industrialization is not necessarily that efficient. whats our RGO situation

Starting literacy is around 25% (increases by 0.0069% monthly, but that increases quickly), and our top produced goods in 1836 are fruit, wool and grain.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Our chief export shoulda been crushing disappointment.

rarx
Jun 8, 2018
Liberalism ho!

It's got Imperialism... and LF?
Sounds like a perfect way to get taken over by either extreme wing. :getin:

MaxieSatan
Oct 19, 2017

critical support for anarchists

rarx posted:

Liberalism ho!

It's got Imperialism... and LF?
Sounds like a perfect way to get taken over by either extreme wing. :getin:

Ohhhhh no you don't. Deliberately ruin the country in the hopes of getting bonuses that will never materialize ONCE, shame on you, deliberately ruin the country TWICE, shame on every patriotic Andalusian.

The Bold Kobold
Aug 11, 2014

Bold to the point of certain death.

MaxieSatan posted:

Ohhhhh no you don't. Deliberately ruin the country in the hopes of getting bonuses that will never materialize ONCE, shame on you, deliberately ruin the country TWICE, shame on every patriotic Andalusian.

Honestly, at this point it's a national pastime.

Hiveminded
Aug 26, 2014
We really shouldn't worry that much about industrialisation at this point. We have very little as far as our colonies and sphere go (which are normally what prop up the early industrialists like GB in the base game), and trying to do much with factories this early on just won't be worthwhile. Reactionaries would be much more useful for reclaiming Iberia with their war policy and army tech focus, and we can segue smoothly from that point on towards colonies and aggressive sphering under the liberals for a couple of decades.

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Hashim posted:

I've taken a couple days off conversion work, but since I apparently like making maps, here's what the culture map is looking like at the start of vicky:

There are still a few alterations that need to be made, but most of the changes from vanilla so far are in Europe, North Africa, the Middle East and the Americas - partly because those are the regions that change most during CK2/EU, and partly because I don't know enough about ROTW to be changing its cultures very drastically. I'd be happy to make more changes where they make sense though.

If I could make some suggestions regarding the cultures in Germany and the Netherlands:
A lot of those differences in OTL between Flemish, Dutch and North German are due to the different polities that those populations ended up in and their religions. The difference between Flemish and Dutch would for example be due to the Flemish being Catholic and the Dutch being Calvinists and before the homogenization of German as a language, the difference between Dutch and Northwest German would be a difference in religion (Lutheran vs Calvinists) and the separate history of the Dutch Empire. Those lines and polities are very different in this timeline though.
Liege is lacking the imperial history of the Netherlands that sets them apart from the rest of the Germanic sphere, and they are Catholics surrounded by Protestants, so I'd fold the Flemish into Dutch, since according to the last religious map, the Flemish and the Dutch are both majority Catholic. The Northwest of OTL Germany is also Catholic in that screenshot, so I'd extend Dutch further east, and tie North German pops to Protestantism and Dutch pops to Catholicism. Wallonia is Protestant this time around, so I'd fold Wallonian and Picard into one culture, since Belgium doesn't exist to have them emerge as a separate identity.
I'd also give Liege the Austria treatment, where they are not required to form Germany, but can join up or form it themselves (though a Hanover led Germany would want to keep them out, to avoid tilting the religious balance further in favour of Catholics, while a Bavaria led Germany would want to get them in for the opposite reason).
So the tl;dr is that I'd line up cultures more along religious lines, since a lot of these identities are not yet firmly established at game start and were tied to religious identities for a long time.

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

sheep-dodger posted:

If I could make some suggestions regarding the cultures in Germany and the Netherlands:

I wasn't really sure what to do with the Dutch, but what you've got there makes sense and is interesting, so I'll go with it. And yeah, I think I'll also make it possible for Liege to join Germany, but since they're a Catholic Theocracy, they'll almost never agree to join if it's formed by Hannover. With Bavaria it'd be more likely, but still not very often.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Hiveminded posted:

We really shouldn't worry that much about industrialisation at this point. We have very little as far as our colonies and sphere go (which are normally what prop up the early industrialists like GB in the base game), and trying to do much with factories this early on just won't be worthwhile. Reactionaries would be much more useful for reclaiming Iberia with their war policy and army tech focus, and we can segue smoothly from that point on towards colonies and aggressive sphering under the liberals for a couple of decades.

agreed, early industrialization isn't all that efficient in terms of output anyway

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
Yes, but most of the techs that improve RGO output or just flat-out improves the country are in the Industrial and Commerce trees. I don't want not voting Moderate screwing us out of the Mechanical Production tech (whose inventions massively boost agricultural output), the various Mining techs (Coal and Iron are perennially valuable), or Medicine and its successors in the Chemistry line (Medicine dramatically accelerates population growth, slices attrition way down, and decreases those horrible disease events that can devastate a country).

Going to war before inventing Medicine is a game for uncivs and fools. If we need to elect Moderates to research it, they're the way to go.

Patter Song fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Jun 23, 2018

Lynneth
Sep 13, 2011
I have nightmares about LF parties in V2. I'm for the moderates, all the way. With Royalists on occasion.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Moderates also make sense from a historical standpoint, they're the ones who would have been the leading lights of the Andalusi nation during the Tirunni war, which was a massive success for the nation after the utter shambles created by the split between liberals and conservatives at the end of EU4.

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Vicky in a nutshell:

Al Andalus and Morocco about to start a world war over a barren piece of desert.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Hashim posted:

Vicky in a nutshell:

Al Andalus and Morocco about to start a world war over a barren piece of desert.

You taunt with us with such a beautiful timeline.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Hashim posted:

I mean with Al Andalus and Morocco it's a bigger surprise the bother with seeking some sort of pretense in the first place. :v:

Snipee
Mar 27, 2010
Can we please wait until we have successfully reunited Iberia before we start making bad decisions again? At the very least? Please don’t vote for the anti-military party right before we get into another war with Morocco.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!
Man it's so long I'd totally forgotten you could have a crisis happen because two states are both colonising the same place at the same time. V2 has some nifty mechanics.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Hashim posted:

Vicky in a nutshell:

This sounds completely normal though? :confused:

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Snipee posted:

Can we please wait until we have successfully reunited Iberia before we start making bad decisions again? At the very least? Please don’t vote for the anti-military party right before we get into another war with Morocco.

If we're starting with truces it won't be nearly as bad. Even though it would be hilarious to see Europe go right back to war after the Congress of Qadis, and really fit this timeline and Andalusian history. Even an anti-military party is going to want to re-take Iberia, and we're not going to be facing off against the Almoravids for a couple years at least (in which time they've got a lot on their plate.

Hashim posted:

Vicky in a nutshell:

I move that the Majlis issue a resolution that Farafra is SOVEREIGN ANDALUSI TERRITORY.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Fun Shoe

Snipee posted:

Depending on how shaky our economy is, we might not be able to spend the 70% max on soldiers pay that Anti-Military lets us do, let alone the 100% Jingoism does, at least in the early game. The slower speed on War Justification from Anti-Military doesn't matter re: Castille or Catalun, since we already have cores on them. It would admittedly suck if we were planning on picking colonial wars or starting up feuds in Europe proper, but that doesn't seem likely in the early game. Anti-Military isn't like Pacifism, where it's super-hard to even add a second wargoal to a war you started. Even if we WERE Pacifist, our goals against Catalun or Castille would both be "annex them in one go," so we wouldn't need to be adding more.

Given the circumstances, Anti-Military is unfortunate, but hardly dangerous, especially because Castille especially (presumably our first target) will likely only have a token army, and it'll be totally down to Hashim's ability to pick a fight at the right time (whenever Morocco becomes busy elsewhere...a lot of V2 warfare is just a matter of waiting for the right day to DOW).

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Snipee posted:

I don't think you understand where you are.

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

Hashim posted:

Vicky in a nutshell:

Those drat Moroccan think they can occupy our useless piece of desert? We'll show them :argh:

GSD
May 10, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Hashim posted:

Vicky in a nutshell:

We will finally get our place in the sun!

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

habeasdorkus posted:

If we're starting with truces it won't be nearly as bad. Even though it would be hilarious to see Europe go right back to war after the Congress of Qadis, and really fit this timeline and Andalusian history. Even an anti-military party is going to want to re-take Iberia, and we're not going to be facing off against the Almoravids for a couple years at least (in which time they've got a lot on their plate.

Yeah, we're starting with truces, which means we won't be fighting any wars for the first five years regardless of who leads the Majlis. Moderates will want to retake Iberia, but they'll do it much slower than the other two parties, because it'll be secondary to their other goals (industry, infrastructure, culture etc). So yeah, it will happen, but I wouldn't expect the Moderates to have all of Iberia back by the end of their first term. And once they do have Iberia back, that'll be the limit to their expansion, so they'll become vehemently opposed to any military adventures after that.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

I just caught up after literal months of reading and boy howdy is this good timing!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bold Kobold
Aug 11, 2014

Bold to the point of certain death.

PetraCore posted:

I just caught up after literal months of reading and boy howdy is this good timing!

You ready to help damage the country with ill-advised votes?