Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular

Adnor posted:

The latest Man of Steel has the most Bendis dialogue Bendis has ever written:

"Which Boy?" "This boy?" "Me boy?" "My Grandson" "Your son"" "The Son of El"

https://youtu.be/ViftZTfRSt8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

The bolding choices in that Man of Steel panel irk the hell out of me.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Glad they specified it was a projectile. Can't have people thinking hot dogs can achieve flight on their own.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Thank goodness I wasn't the only one who immediately thought of that.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Lobok posted:

Glad they specified it was a projectile. Can't have people thinking hot dogs can achieve flight on their own.

God, could you imagine that alternative reality?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Lobok posted:

With the stuff they put in there you just need a sufficiently raw one.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Lobok posted:

Don't be silly, hot dogs don't fly.

Hoagies, though...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2D5OgMlT2Ww

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

Monaghan posted:

I always thought sonic's eyelids were blue.

Also apparently the cover of this issue is what made Sega finally go "What the gently caress is archie comics doing with our franchise?"

IIRC Ian Flynn and some others said that Sega was prompted by a whole range of bad decisions at Archie during that period, including long before. This cover was really obviously inappropriate to outside viewers, but it wasn't actually a tipping point or catalyst.

...I think someone needs to track down a link to his posts, I may not be remembering it right.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

goatface posted:

Is his name Jon-El?

Should have gone with Billy Jo-El.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Discendo Vox posted:

IIRC Ian Flynn and some others said that Sega was prompted by a whole range of bad decisions at Archie during that period, including long before. This cover was really obviously inappropriate to outside viewers, but it wasn't actually a tipping point or catalyst.

...I think someone needs to track down a link to his posts, I may not be remembering it right.

Flynn's always been very clear that the hammer of God was coming and that while the cover was bad, it wasn't 'THE' Reason despite what I originally claimed.

I liken it to your parents coming home after a vacation to find you have utterly burned down the house. After that, you don't get to do anything anymore.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Injustice 2 #58

Lobo has kidnapped Jaime Reyes and flown off into space, Booster Gold and the Titans steal the Javelin and set off in chase.

Two issues later they find who hired Lobo.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
I'm bad at knowing canon, but that's the guy whose chair Batman was sitting in for a while, right?

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
Yep.

Do you have to manspread when you're in the Chair, or is it a choice?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
There are knee operated controls on either side of the chair so no, you have no choice.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
So don't wear a skirt is what you're saying

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger
I expect it just feels natural to do when you're sitting in the chair. Like you could not sit that way, but why?

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

So don't wear a skirt is what you're saying

Those are concerns for people who are not sitting in the chair.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
It's hard to tell with absolute certainty (I don't think Big Barda has ever encountered a chair she wasn't hitting someone with) but if Orion and Darkseid are any indication, it's that manspreading is simply a part of the New Gods' culture.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I love the idea of Bruce having to roll out of bed and grumpily pull on a cowl before making the call :allears:

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Skeets is the best, y'all.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Toshimo posted:

Skeets is the best, y'all.

You misspelled "Metron".

unruly
May 12, 2002

YES!!!

Jerusalem posted:

I love the idea of Bruce having to roll out of bed and grumpily pull on a cowl before making the call :allears:
He's also doing the "formal top" video meeting trick. Cowl only, the rest are pajamas.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

It's Bruce and Selena; he leaves the mask on.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

"Computer, zoom in. No, on my face."

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
Isn't this at a point where Bruce's identity is public knowledge? He doesn't even need the cowl, he just does it cuz he wants to.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
I think he keeps up the masquerade (including being gruff and scary) because it's so natural to him at this point.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Please do not deadname Batman, he's made his identity abundantly clear to us.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Man i really need to sit down and read injustice

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Is that good, evil or neutral Metron?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

*runs in*
Friends what if... BRUCE WAYNE is the mask???? :smug:

Veotax
May 16, 2006

goatface posted:

Is that good, evil or neutral Metron?

Good or neutral, the reason he paid Lobo to kidnap Jaime is because the Red Lanterns got Starro to join them, which could mean the end of the universe apparently and Metron believes that Jaime is the only person that can defeat him. Metron seems to not want the universe to end so he got Lobo to bring Jaime out to Oa where the Reds are about to launch their attack.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Is the Injustice 2 comic doing the time in-between the first and second games, or is it set after the second game and just going with the 'Batman won' ending?

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Between games. If it follows the pattern of the first one it'll end just before the game's story begins and then they'll probably launch a separate comic that adapts the game's story and after that's done it'll probably be time for them to do an Injustice 3 comic.

Not that an Injustice 3 game has been announced, but those games are popular enough that it'll probably happen. But the next Mortal Kombat will happen first.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

unruly posted:

He's also doing the "formal top" video meeting trick. Cowl only, the rest are pajamas.

The Alarm bit is funny, but this is really what stands out, it's just the right amount of silly that I expect from comic books. I have to actually read Injustice one day, everything that is posted in all threads makes it sound fantastic but I was put away from the first year with the horrible coloring and the really dumb moments like Nightwing falling on a rock and dying.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Veotax posted:

Good or neutral, the reason he paid Lobo to kidnap Jaime is because the Red Lanterns got Starro to join them, which could mean the end of the universe apparently and Metron believes that Jaime is the only person that can defeat him. Metron seems to not want the universe to end so he got Lobo to bring Jaime out to Oa where the Reds are about to launch their attack.

I know he's a New God with an unfathomable mind and all... but why didn't he just ask him to help?

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Jerusalem posted:

I know he's a New God with an unfathomable mind and all... but why didn't he just ask him to help?

He wanted an excuse to hang out with Lobo, obviously.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Beingn a New God is a lot more boring than you'd think; you'd find an excuse to hang out with Lobo, too.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Beingn a New God is a lot more boring than you'd think; you'd find an excuse to hang out with Lobo, too.

All paths lead to Lobo.

unruly
May 12, 2002

YES!!!

Samuringa posted:

The Alarm bit is funny, but this is really what stands out, it's just the right amount of silly that I expect from comic books. I have to actually read Injustice one day, everything that is posted in all threads makes it sound fantastic but I was put away from the first year with the horrible coloring and the really dumb moments like Nightwing falling on a rock and dying.
I couldn’t agree more. It’s silly enough that you get a good chuckle in. Honestly, the Injustice series at its outset seemed like a bad idea to me, but the story is just well done and takes the various characters to places that the OG titles dare not go for fear of alienating fans or “messing with the formula”. I know they’re not canonical, but I secretly wish they’d just replace the whole lineup of DC heroes with the Injustice version.

That all being said: Batman didn’t have a contingency plan for the kids taking the car out for a late night spin? For shame!

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
He did but Selina talked him out of activating it, probably.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Why? It can't have been fatal.