Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

"wouldn't you take P5 over THIS?"

I mean

no I'd actually take Gold and Silver over the P5 dudes

if I have to pick one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
Paige's woman-killing gimmick is the most bizarrely amazing thing I've ever seen. She makes it look so effortless.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Pat's arms aren't long enough to wipe his rear end the normal way.

I'm sat here in a coma of complete bliss.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
Paige nailing the hardest QTE should just be unsurprising at this point

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Kamski would be an excellent parody of silicon valley weirdos if I weren't sure that Cage meant for us to think he was brilliant.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

there's cause to believe that kamski's test was intentionally really leading and dumb, but that's only shown on two specific ending paths so lol

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I just randomly checked on on episode 50 of SBFP #FE and not only is Matt not checked out but they both seem really into the game. I'm surprised.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Jesus christ, is it literally impossible not to have North as your lover

edit: Welp, that's one way to make the LP shorter

Tae fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Jun 23, 2018

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Blockhouse posted:

I just randomly checked on on episode 50 of SBFP #FE and not only is Matt not checked out but they both seem really into the game. I'm surprised.

They mention on nearly every podcast how much they love the game and both were hoping there would be a Switch port at E3.

Good thing it's keeping their interest because this game seems set to outlast both God Hand and Detroit.

Kay Kessler fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Jun 23, 2018

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

The #FE LP owns and you should be watching it

Justice Sloth
Jun 10, 2012

Damn skippy.
I can confirm, I kicked my feet and swung my little baby fists at FE really hard because the first 1-3 episodes are so loving boring, but once they get into all the idol poo poo they really start having fun with it.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Tae posted:

edit: Welp, that's one way to make the LP shorter

What happened?

Did everyone die at the Crossroads chapter?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Decided to check on today's #FE and it was fun to see them so hype over unlocking an anime OP from beating a sidequest. #FE was a great game.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Dream☆Catcher owns.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Decided to check on today's #FE and it was fun to see them so hype over unlocking an anime OP from beating a sidequest. #FE was a great game.

Every trip to the store where Woolie blows all their money on outfits is gold

"It's free."

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Pat and Paige are starting Pat's first Resident Evil 2 stream in 8 years.

Which can't be right, can it? They played that game in like 2012 right?

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Nilbop posted:

Pat and Paige are starting Pat's first Resident Evil 2 stream in 8 years.

Which can't be right, can it? They played that game in like 2012 right?

2011 actually, although to be fair they started it in December of that year.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

We're starting off strong with Paige's childhood story of how she had to deliver a pie "...but then the bees came."

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Nilbop posted:

We're starting off strong with Paige's childhood story of how she had to deliver a pie "...but then the bees came."

Dammit, we just heard the Pat's tiny babby arms unable to wipe his butt while catching up to this five and a half hour stream. We can't keep up with their bs.

Buckets
Apr 10, 2009

...THE CHILD...
Newest episode of Detroit finally came!
Actually kinda surprised Pat chose not to shoot the robot.
Not really surprised Woolie the Cowards chickens came home to roost, if only he didn't run from that cyberlife warehouse.
Don't actually know what the game has in store now that things happened, so that's cool.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I'm not surprised at Pat's choice. He's doing whatever to make Hank go up, and he's actually a baby paragon when there's a timer on decisions.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

*gets one of the MCs killed*
"but public opinion go up"

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
Oh my god, Markus is like the The Murphy from Z-Nation, but way less interesting and way more overpowered.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Buckets posted:

Newest episode of Detroit finally came!
Actually kinda surprised Pat chose not to shoot the robot.
Not really surprised Woolie the Cowards chickens came home to roost, if only he didn't run from that cyberlife warehouse.
Don't actually know what the game has in store now that things happened, so that's cool.

I like the idea that the game itself doesn't know what to do with these results and now will just be making up the rest of this story arc on the fly in real-time. Like this is a path only a handful of people encountered organically and the game has become self aware as a result.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Oh my loving god, Markus has HETEROCHROMIA

CAGE YOU loving HACK, NOW YOU'RE LOOKING TO FANFIC FOR INSPIRATION?

ETA: Matt yelling "NO HE DIDN'T" at "He chose to be free" made me laugh really hard

ETA 2: Oh my god, Woolie the coward comes full circle.

WampaLord fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Jun 24, 2018

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Viewtiful Jew posted:

I like the idea that the game itself doesn't know what to do with these results and now will just be making up the rest of this story arc on the fly in real-time. Like this is a path only a handful of people encountered organically and the game has become self aware as a result.

If you want to see this game being self aware, you should see CJacobs' blind stream of the game where spoilers: the at the very end where Deviant Connor is forcibly controlled by Amanda/Cyberlife and has to find the Magic Rock Back Door before he shoots Markus, the game crashed

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Hahahahahaha.

Woolie being a coward bites him in the rear end. Also the guys forgot that there are multiple models that are the same so it was pretty funny they thought it was Kara. Also holy poo poo North becomes your lover is so stupid.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

I hate North's costume design in the latest episode of Detroit. Her hair situation looks super stupid AND uncomfortable.

Would the outcome of Woolie's scene been different had he not ran from the warehouse? How would it have changed?

Also, rewatching the last few minutes, where does that gun on the ground next to Markus' body come from?

Killed By Death fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Jun 24, 2018

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?

Killed By Death posted:

I hate North's costume design in the latest episode of Detroit. Her hair situation looks super stupid AND uncomfortable.

Would the outcome of Woolie's scene been different had he not ran from the warehouse? How would it have changed?

You can convert the security guard who spots you and he sacrifices himself to save Markus

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Simon can also sacrifice himself so they thwarted two levels of fail-protection :v:.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

So the Cage game is good? :imunfunny:

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

I actually didn't think that woolie could do it that badly so I'm curious to see wha happen next

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Killed By Death posted:

She looks like hipster Lightning.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

WampaLord posted:

Oh my loving god, Markus has HETEROCHROMIA

CAGE YOU loving HACK, NOW YOU'RE LOOKING TO FANFIC FOR INSPIRATION?

Markus has Heterochormia cause he lost his original eye and grabbed a new one from a random Android in the Junkyard.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

MonsterEnvy posted:

Markus has Heterochormia cause he lost his original eye and grabbed a new one from a random Android in the Junkyard.

Yes, but that easily could have been an identically colored eye if they wanted it to be, Cage is distinctly trying to make his messiah character "more special" in the same way that fanfic writers do.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

It honestly makes narrative since for Markus to die, since this was easily the most ill thought out revolution in fiction. His attempt to hide his identity made it easier for the cops to identify him.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

WampaLord posted:

Yes, but that easily could have been an identically colored eye if they wanted it to be, Cage is distinctly trying to make his messiah character "more special" in the same way that fanfic writers do.

I mean it's honestly fine here, he wasn't special boy born with a yellow and purple eye with sharingans in them, he's a robit and when he was 'reborn' or whatever he got a new eye and hey, it's a different color because it's a cool little distinguishing thing. I feel like that one's not some egregious thing in this case.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
its cheesy hack writing

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

And it works fine in this case :shrug:

"We have a dramatic scene of this guy literally piecing himself back together, in the end he gets one mismatched part coming out of it to give him a neat looking, small distinguishing feature"

It's cheesy but I'm kind of put off to call that bad or something when "It's cheesy" is a super common "Oh man this owns this is so good" thing now. It really just feels like another inane thing that has to actually be super bad because of Cage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Yeah, the different colored eyes are fine here.