Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Fur From Hans

I guess Spidey is shilling for small businesses in the Textile District?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unmature
May 9, 2008

Rhyno posted:

Are you complaining? Because fleshing out the world is a good thing.

I am! I like that they've branched out but if ANYONE in the MCU is tied to New York it's Spidey and now we've had DC, space, and a Europe adventure with him

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Yeah, we’ve only had 6 New York Spider-Man movies! We need 7!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I used to think they should base some MCU films in LA but having finally visited that hellhole I encourage them to set more films outside the US.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I like how power rangers is filmed in New Zealand and sometimes they'll have episodes where the characters go on a trip to New Zealand and are like "Wooooow we're in New Zealand you guys can you believe it!?"

What I'm saying is the next Spider-man should be in Ontario and everybody in the film should be diagetically super psyched about it

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

A.I. Borgland Corp posted:

I like how power rangers is filmed in New Zealand

Ohhhh that's why they don't speak proper english anymore.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Bruceski posted:

Spider-Man: For Free Hams?

Spider-Ham confirmed

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I hope it's good because the trailer looked cool. I liked Assault on Arkham so here's hoping.

It has been getting good reviews but I've been burned by reviews before.

Heathen
Sep 11, 2001

Oh man! A Silk movie! That's going to be awesome! I wonder how it's going to fit alongside Aunt May, Silver & Black and Sinister Six movies inside the Sony Cinematic Universe!

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
so, uh, what European based villains does Peter have? And can they even use someone from Captain Britain's gallery? Is he Fox's?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Spider Man works with any villain. One of his best classic one shots has him face the Juggernaut.

But I think The Chameleon is from Europe, and in the cartoon both Kraven and Morbius sound European

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Samuringa posted:

so, uh, what European based villains does Peter have? And can they even use someone from Captain Britain's gallery? Is he Fox's?

He has some of his own. Off the top of my head he fought the English duo Knight & Fogg in London and Cyclone in France.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

A.I. Borgland Corp posted:

Spider Man works with any villain. One of his best classic one shots has him face the Juggernaut.

But I think The Chameleon is from Europe, and in the cartoon both Kraven and Morbius sound European

They cast Jake Gyllenhaal as Mysterio. Dunno if they'll try to work in another villain.

Karloff
Mar 21, 2013

I have a feeling they'll have Spider-Man swinging about the major landmarks like the Shard or Parliament. But just once I'd like to see a big American production be set in the parts of London you don't normally see. I want to see Spider-Man running about Waltham Forest! It would be cool even if there's no buildings tall enough to swing from.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Rhyno posted:

I used to think they should base some MCU films in LA but having finally visited that hellhole I encourage them to set more films outside the US.
A three hour long movie of Peter sitting in traffic

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
Why are you guys so sure he's going to Europe?

I mean, China would make the most sense.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

The movie is mostly about Aunt May having a romantic adventure through Italy à la Under the Tuscan Sun or Eat, Pray, Love. There are brief interludes of Spider-Man fighting Silvermane (who is one of Aunt May's suitors) and the Maggia.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Jamesman posted:

Why are you guys so sure he's going to Europe?

I mean, China would make the most sense.

I expected Multiverse shenanigans since the Snapping but someone mentioned London and we ran with it

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Samuringa posted:

I expected Multiverse shenanigans since the Snapping but someone mentioned London and we ran with it

https://www.cineworld.co.uk/blog/spider-man-homecoming-2-will-shoot-in-uk

quote:

"We start filming early July," Feige confirmed. "We film in London. We shot the first film in Atlanta. And we shoot a lot of films in London but there’s another reason we’re shooting in London which is, yes, Spidey, of course, will spend some time in New York, but he’ll spend some time in other parts of the globe."

It’s literally been announced by Feige.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

They'd better show a scene of Spider-man eating a two-piece meal in Tooting Chicken Cottage or it's NO SALE

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
After coincidentally being at Louvre for a school field trip when a robbery happens, peter teams up with a hairy russian interpol agent known as the hunter and his kickin rad van to catch the criminals, embarking on a quest through several european countries

site fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Jun 24, 2018

Chickenwalker
Apr 21, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

site posted:

After coincidentally being at Louvre for a school field trip when a robbery happens, peter teams up with a hairy russian interpol agent known as the hunter and his kickin rad van to catch the criminals, embarking on a quest through several european countries

I don't know about the rest of you guys, but after hearing this pitch I'm cravin' the hunter

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Sneeing Emu posted:

Yes of course. What a great stand out performance. I don't know where x-23 could fit in to the MCU after infinity war but I hope she gets a place.

I mentioned it earlier that Keen could play Gabby and they could cast an older actor for current Laura, with Logan being dead in the mcu.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

twistedmentat posted:

I mentioned it earlier that Keen could play Gabby and they could cast an older actor for current Laura, with Logan being dead in the mcu.

By the time they get the X-Men rolled in Keen will probably be too old to be Gabby and can just be Laura.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Ant-Man and the Wasp had its premiere and the reports are pretty good. General impressions is that it's heavier on the comedy and it also has a good post-credits scene

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

FlamingLiberal posted:

Ant-Man and the Wasp had its premiere and the reports are pretty good. General impressions is that it's heavier on the comedy and it also has a good post-credits scene

Going to have to go a long way to beat the Deadpool stuff but it sounds promising.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

bessantj posted:

Going to have to go a long way to beat the Deadpool stuff but it sounds promising.
Nothing's going to beat that sequence.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Well you would have to turn back time more and stop Deadpool.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

FlamingLiberal posted:

I hope it's better than the first one.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I also hope it will be better than the excellent first movie

Veotax
May 16, 2006

I just wish it wan't coming out in loving August here because of the World Cup.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Paul Rudd is a delight and Ant-Man is an excellent film.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Arist posted:

I also hope it will be better than the excellent first movie

The excellently dull and forgettable first movie that's probably the worst marvel movie.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Lurdiak posted:

The excellently dull and forgettable first movie that's probably the worst marvel movie.

Not while AoU, IM2 and Thor 2 exist.

Edit: IT'S BETTER THAN HOMECOMING FIGHT ME NERDS

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Lurdiak posted:

Look at this person who has only seen one Thor movie and no Hulk movies.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

Lurdiak posted:

FUN FACT: It's better than Avengers, Avengers Age of Ultron, Iron Man 2, Thor 2, Captain America: The First Avenger, Doctor Strange, and The Incredible Hulk.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Lurdiak posted:

This is just incredibly not true

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Timeless Appeal posted:

FUN FACT: It's better than Avengers, Avengers Age of Ultron, Iron Man 2, Thor 2, Captain America: The First Avenger, Doctor Strange, and The Incredible Hulk.

I'd say it's dead even with Doctor Strange.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Lurdiak posted:

This is a very spicy take, even for you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Lurdiak posted:

How do you forget Luis or the giant Thomas the Tank Engine?

• Locked thread