Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Starman Super DX
Oct 17, 2011

This title text is surprisingly sturdy.
The kids are gonna have to learn about TekkenWar sooner or later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Shiki Dan posted:

Cuddlecore is actually a legit good Tekken player and a woman of color in an "e-sports" scene that is like 95% Asian and black dudes which is a genuine accomplishment.

ok so moderator for cuddlecore = he's a volunteer mod on a more popular streamer's channel

has any SA mod ever embarrassed themselves by pulling some "I'm a mod on Something Awful, that's a pretty big deal" type idiocy elsewhere? I know we've plenty that develop an inflated sense of importance inside the forums.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Klyith posted:

ok so moderator for cuddlecore = he's a volunteer mod on a more popular streamer's channel

has any SA mod ever embarrassed themselves by pulling some "I'm a mod on Something Awful, that's a pretty big deal" type idiocy elsewhere? I know we've plenty that develop an inflated sense of importance inside the forums.

I’m personally ashamed. So no.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Can’t believe comedy gold isn’t 69 miles away

Salty Josh
Jul 13, 2016

Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world, I feel like I can't take it, and my heart is just going to cave in.
Nap Ghost
I think he's a cool dude.

Might just send him your ss# and address just to be on the safe side.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Perhaps we can start a select SA army of streamwhores that are SA approved and will mention the forums and give us the internet exposure.

Let's start with this fellow and use their immense followers to land the big fish, like CaseyTron.

Nonviolent J
Jul 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Soiled Meat
ive never played tekken

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Nonviolent J posted:

ive never played tekken

It’s a total piece of poo poo compared to tekken 2.

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
So, what did you respond with?

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

I propose a new rule that everyone in the forums has to tekk it easy

Bobbie Wickham
Apr 13, 2008

by Smythe

Klyith posted:

Explaining Something Awful, let alone being so invested in it that you became a mod, is a deeply shameful experience.

HoboMan
Nov 4, 2010

Hell, I generally try to avoid mentioning I even post here, I can't imagine the shame of being a mod

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Bobbie Wickham posted:

Explaining Something Awful, let alone being so invested in it that you became a mod, is a deeply shameful experience.

"It's a really, really old forum full of old people who don't let old jokes die. Also everything that you hate about the internet can probably be traced back to us."

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
I know one mod tried to start a Twitter fight with a prepubescent kid and lost it but idk if he mentioned his lofty status

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Give him am account, ban him after 24 hours, then tell him his free trial has expired and he can continue for $10

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
there's a lot to unpack here but lol at being 37 and writing this, and lol at identifying yourself as a twitch streamer and notable identity in video games

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

You get the best Emails ever taxman.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

ate all the Oreos posted:

I propose a new rule that everyone in the forums has to tekk it easy

mods please change this dude's name to Aatekk

Alternatively, let weird twitch email dude register, but only by that name.

Winifred Madgers fucked around with this message at 13:55 on Jun 24, 2018

Crash_N_Burn
Apr 19, 2014

I found this guys twitter via 2 seconds of googling and im not going to post it but hes a real cool gentleman and you should let him in taxmon

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Crash_N_Burn posted:

I found this guys twitter via 2 seconds of googling and im not going to post it but hes a real cool gentleman and you should let him in taxmon

He's tekken it easy, enigma style.

Salty Josh
Jul 13, 2016

Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world, I feel like I can't take it, and my heart is just going to cave in.
Nap Ghost
I don't think anybody can top that.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Tekken my wife, please!

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

We probably have goons in our midst who like video games. we could elect a champion to represent and defend lowtax's financial stake in the matter.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

I think he is coming on to you, 70% sure about it

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Let's send him a muffin basket with a really nasty note in it.

Salty Josh
Jul 13, 2016

Nap Ghost

Kazak posted:

We probably have goons in our midst who like video games. we could elect a champion to represent and defend lowtax's financial stake in the matter.

Gunfight at high noon?

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Salty Josh posted:

Goonfight at high noon?

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Scrumpie posted:

Can you translate the message into English pls?

I don't want to pay because I'm a big deal in the tekken community honest

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
I would lol if the goon champion trounced this guy. I would lol if goons were humiliatingly defeated.

games should run a tourney to get the champ and we should pit our best against this guy. Whoever wins gets :10bux:

Seriously why not make it happen we should do this it'd be fun and it'd drum up a tiny fraction of interest

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Salty Josh posted:

Goonfight at high goon?

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

SniperWoreConverse posted:

it'd drum up a tiny fraction of interest

And here I am without my tom-toms.

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

I'll fight for you lowtax. Full disclosure I only play yoshimitsu and I button mash

Salty Josh
Jul 13, 2016

Nap Ghost

Kazak posted:

I'll fight for you lowtax. Full disclosure I only play yoshimitsu and I button mash

I'm pretty sure GBS is the intellectual conversation's version of button mashing.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
*smashes insult button repeatedly*

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
:toxx:
if we can find our brave champion I will pay the fabulous prize :siren: UP TO AND INCLUDING TEN US AMERICAN DOLLARS :siren: worth of SA gift certs to the victor
All battles must be televised and if there's any bullshit or someone backs out i'll be enraged.

i'm just the moneybags guy smugly smoking by the ring, someone else can be the boxing promoter and coaches and set up the venue or whatever

Who among us is powerful enough to defeat the masterful "DopefishWoofWoof"
who will fight for Goon Honor and / or an account upgrade

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Tell him its 10 dollars per post and we are all loving millionaires here.

Also, WTF Sniper? Did you finally perfect your technique of transmuting broken roofs and hopes and dreams into gold? You cant afford to give away 10 dollars.

Jalumibnkrayal
Apr 16, 2008

Ramrod XTreme
$9.95?! Does this Lowtax rear end in a top hat owe me a nickel?

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I haven't played tekken in about a year now and I could probably whoop this guys rear end

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

wow that was extremely meant as a personal message between me and you Mr. Richard. Lowtax.com. and I am personally embarassed that you exposessed our business to the outside worlds.
How did you dare?
I only wanted to expose you as a threat or my opponent in the world greatest fight game Tekken and you took it like this?! How could you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Sekenr, I've always been independently wealthy yet gripped by a sort of aimless ennui

• Locked thread