Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

I'm hoping RT will do a TV piece on it so it can be included in the documentary that's being made about Bellingcat, it would make my day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

I can see the outro notation: "at the time of release of this program no balls have been sucked".

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

HUGE PUBES A PLUS posted:

It reminds me of Thomas Paine, who is this icon of the American Revolution was called Tommy Paine the bodice maker by the English because I guess when he lived in England he made women's underclothes.

So you're saying he got his hands on a lot of boobs then

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
So, Brown Moses knows Eulalie?

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

Scaramouche posted:

So you're saying he got his hands on a lot of boobs then

I'm saying when you want to drag someone down you go for the lowest hanging fruit.

And who knows, Maybe Tommy Paine did that too.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
I'm kinda waiting for an SU-25 to be photoshopped onto google earth again

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Navalny was released today. He has a pretty funny Instagram post detailing the makeover the prison went through preparing for foreigners arrested during the world cup. They not only installed toilets, but they put tvs up so prisoners could watch the games.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bj_zSf3H4kS/

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Volkerball posted:

Navalny was released today. He has a pretty funny Instagram post detailing the makeover the prison went through preparing for foreigners arrested during the world cup. They not only installed toilets, but they put tvs up so prisoners could watch the games.

This is amazing. :laffo:

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

Volkerball posted:

I like the end where Navalny says it will all be taken away once FIFA is over.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
A little surprised/disappointed no one, afaik, is boycotting the cup.

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

I'm boycotting the poo poo out of it or maybe just don't care about football .

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Rinkles posted:

Ukraine and... Italy apparently are :v:

As am I, though I doubt anyone cares.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Rinkles posted:

Scotland have boycotted every World Cup since 2002.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

The German Team is planning to protest by not successfully defending their title

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I'm glad ball-sucking is in international news.

mobby_6kl posted:

Ukraine and... Italy apparently are :v:

As am I, though I doubt anyone cares.

Don't know if it's :thejoke:, but they just failed to qualify.

Tevery Best
Oct 11, 2013

Hewlo Furriend

Paladinus posted:

I'm glad ball-sucking is in international news.

The World Cup does tend to make the headlines, yes

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Tevery Best posted:

The World Cup does tend to make the headlines, yes

Brown Moses publically asked Russian Ministry of Foreign Affairs to suck his balls.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

mobby_6kl posted:

Wait, how are they supposed to suck Bellingcat's lady balls then!?

The first comment on the RT article is 'helps if he can find them first!' or something like that...

Tevery Best
Oct 11, 2013

Hewlo Furriend

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Brown Moses publically asked Russian Ministry of Foreign Affairs to suck his balls.

:thejoke:

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/Independent/status/1007367424923045889

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

I'd figure they'd be more pissed about what we're doing in poland, latvia, lituania, estonia, romania and bulgaria.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/03/world/nato-exercise-poland-baltics-russia/index.html

spacetoaster fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Jun 15, 2018

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Slightly related to the topic of ball-sucking, Russia is planning to bump their retirement age to 63/65 with average life expectancy at 70. For comparison, in Italy, where retirement age is similar, life expectancy is over 80. 93% of Russians, naturally, don't support this decision. The last time Russian government tried to gently caress with pensioners, they had to roll back pretty much everything after old people flooded city squares.

Funnily enough, today I got 4 (four!) emails from change.org asking me to confirm me signing the petition against it. I am not Russian, and have no idea how they got my email. I also occasionally get emails from Moscow government about stuff like hot water outages and road works, along with American conservative newsletters asking for donations. I wonder if Olgino and Russian opposition share the same stolen database from somewhere.

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

You must be part of the Spectrum Health/Trump Org./Alfa Bank network. Congratulations!

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

You must be part of the Spectrum Health/Trump Org./Alfa Bank network. Congratulations!

I shouldn't be. Unless... I might have submitted something funny when Trump asked for feedback or whatever. But I wouldn't use my main email for that, normally. Spooky.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

:laugh:

HorrificExistence
Jun 25, 2017

by Athanatos
5 months old

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ou5iqExadIg

still i can't imagine how the moral in the DPR ranks is now

Warbadger
Jun 17, 2006

I've seen the bits about fighting for a "Russian world" quite a bit in similar interviews.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

I never thought about this until now since the conflict mostly dropped off the radar but poo poo yeah still getting shot at by Ukrainians every day for what increasingly obviously is no good reason at all has got to be depressing. Like in the beginning after Crimea it was easy to believe that you were making history and poo poo but now?

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

Even that Russian goon that did drone spotting for "totally not shooting from Russian soil and manned by active duty personnel" artillery didn't get paid promised wage. And it was early in the conflict. Right now they are probably down to crazies and criminals.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

alex314 posted:

Even that Russian goon that did drone spotting for "totally not shooting from Russian soil and manned by active duty personnel" artillery didn't get paid promised wage. And it was early in the conflict. Right now they are probably down to crazies and criminals.

Desperate people from far-away villages, IIRC.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

I saw a TV interview with the wives of two of the Wagner guys who died in Syria and their house was a ruin basically. It was sad.

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

Meanwhile, Hungary soldiers on to ensure boys don't grow up to be sissies.

https://twitter.com/thedailybeast/status/1010575733809451008

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Shouldn't they just cancel all musicals?

Nah they hate the gays too and think this is a good idea
vvv

mobby_6kl fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Jun 23, 2018

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Expecting Russia to invade to "protect the rights of oppressed ballet dancers any minute now".

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
I don't get the political benefit of cultivating virulent homophobia. Yeah, I know, create a hate target within, redirect discontent, etc but there are so many easier, more effective options.

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

Discendo Vox posted:

I don't get the political benefit of cultivating virulent homophobia. Yeah, I know, create a hate target within, redirect discontent, etc but there are so many easier, more effective options.

Its only partly about political calculation, yes they can get away with this because the majority of the population shares their opinion, but they actually do hate gay people and want them to at the very least, disappear from the public sphere.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Discendo Vox posted:

Us vs them metality. Politicians know that religion keeps people in order. And probably the fact that tjlhe hungarians in todays politics grew up in very homophobic. Also gays cant grow the population like a good ol' catholic 7 child family can. Gotta get voter somehow right

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Discendo Vox posted:

These things aren't just created from whole cloth in a lab, you have to take some existing fear or hatred and pump it up. In Hungary that's going to be jews, roma, or the gays.
You also have to know what bloc is going to get you the most votes. If your data shows you that taking a hard line homophobic stance is going to boost you in a bunch of key voting demographics you go with that. Winning elections is very much about targeting key groups of people who will actually go out and vote for you. It doesn't matter if only 30% of the population is homophobic and surveys show it's a diminishing prejudice, if that 30% are a die-hard voting bloc that will always vote for the biggest homophobe, and the 70% are a mix of of disorganized and unreliable groups (like liberal students/younger people) it's a good net gain for your support.

Baronjutter fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Jun 24, 2018

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

:cumpolice:
Hello HPAP.

I will continue to lurk now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

https://www.tvn24.pl/magazyn-tvn24/internet-pelen-jest-dowodow-na-zbrodnie-trzeba-wiedziec-gdzie-ich-szukac,158,2754

Bellingcat in one of major Polish news portals. Pretty good article.