Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

DisDisDis posted:

this was weird in some ways, but cool in other ways https://mangadex.org/manga/16195

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Has Fumikiri Jikan been mentioned in this thread as a manga worth reading? I was looking around for series, and stumbled across it:

Seems good.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Gaijin 4koma is timeless

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
its a freakin caterpillar https://twitter.com/yenpress/status/1010195705745592321

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008
I... don't know how I feel about this.
She looks so cuddly and... gross. And the narrative is, uh...

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

This just finished, apparently it's only 3 chapters long. It's nice to see someone who's had a bit of a lovely life find some happiness. :3:

Edit: Mangadex link, if anyone prefers that.

Onean fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Jun 24, 2018

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Onean posted:

This just finished, apparently it's only 3 chapters long. It's nice to see someone who's had a bit of a lovely life find some happiness. :3:

Edit: Mangadex link, if anyone prefers that.

loving hell, lady, hHow are you supposed to explain it indeed. "My daughter married another girl because they love each other." It's not that hard, you can do it.

I loving hate parents who put :decorum: over their childrens' happiness.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Mikl posted:

loving hell, lady, hHow are you supposed to explain it indeed. "My daughter married another girl because they love each other." It's not that hard, you can do it.

I loving hate parents who put :decorum: over their childrens' happiness.

I'm somewhat surprised that it doesn't end with the mom changing her mind but I guess it's more realistic this way.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Still really sad and aggravating, though.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
At least she got a lovely postcard. :sun:

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

Finally giving the people what... they... want?

PassingPie
Aug 18, 2013

...I kinda liked this?!?

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

The_White_Crane posted:

I... don't know how I feel about this.
She looks so cuddly and... gross. And the narrative is, uh...

I hadn't read it til just now but. . . I love it lmao

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Think I read that story in Franken Fran. :v:

Also new Kase.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
my secret hope is for there to be more character development of the girl and for becoming a caterpillar to be as much about wanting to break out of the ms perfect box as wanting the boy to like her but i think whatever happens i'll enjoy it

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

DisDisDis posted:

my secret hope is for there to be more character development of the girl and for becoming a caterpillar to be as much about wanting to break out of the ms perfect box as wanting the boy to like her but i think whatever happens i'll enjoy it

I am hoping she gets some development as well since right now she comes across as a bit obsessed. I expect the larger message will be about accepting what someone else thinks of you and getting out of your own head about it because maybe they see something you don't.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Jun 25, 2018

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

The caterpillar is cute, but the narrative is indeed uh - but uh seems popular in this genre.

(Also this is one of the things that Sanzo is doing rather than making more T-rex girl, so I'm opposed on principle.)

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
oh that's the t-rex girl author?

well, i'm massively more interested in this than t-rex girl.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

The constant flashbacks and stuff in Kase-san make me extremely confused.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

Glagha posted:

The constant flashbacks and stuff in Kase-san make me extremely confused.

It's going to end up being some "publish order versus chronological order" poo poo a la Haruhi.

Possibly the author is getting cold feet about getting them out of high school, or more charitably she just has a horribly tangled creative process and had a whole bunch of good ideas about early in their relationship just after she decided she wasn't going to write that anymore.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
i was honestly under the impression there was a kase highschool and a kase college being released concurrently

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

DisDisDis posted:

i was honestly under the impression there was a kase highschool and a kase college being released concurrently

Kase high school is finished, Kase college is running but just had a single flashback chapter.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

Lemon-Lime posted:

Kase high school is finished, Kase college is running but just had a single flashback chapter.

3/5 of the new series has been flashback chapters. I mean they're great, but yeah.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

the anime adaption of WotaKoi/Love is Hard for Otaku just finished. I could go for a spinoff of just Nao & Kou they were cute together.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
what's your favorite lube

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

DisDisDis posted:

what's your favorite lube

the kind that makes its own gravy

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008
I love these goobers.

From Rikei ga Koi ni Ochita no de Shoumeishitemita

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

My word, those are some absolutely lovely dorks :allears:

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

It's out now, and was a lot more :smith: than I was expecting.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

sinky posted:

It's out now, and was a lot more :smith: than I was expecting.

Good :smith: or bad :smith:?

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
The preview is free so might as well read that much if you're interested :shrug:

think I'll check out the preview of Hatsu*Haru since it's also up and it's (I think) boy POV and tomboy girlfriend

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Everything Burrito posted:

tomboy girlfriend

is this like when shoujo manga says a guys a delinquent because he's occassionally late for class or w/e

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
its excused though because of lesbian mom over here

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
it doesn't seem to be doing anything that special or outstanding but I like well-drawn fluff romance and it seems to be that.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
not super relevant to shoujo i guess but this is the only thread i post in where people discuss manga on the reg:

i wanna buy all the houseki no kuni vols because they're on sale (in ebook form) and i've been wanting to read the manga for a while. they're on these platforms https://kodanshacomics.com/volume/land-lustrous-1/ are there any particular advantages to one over another? I think comixology might be the only one that let's you actually read 'em on a computer but I'm not sure. if any have downloadable versions natively or through a workaround so I can use cdisplay that would be nice.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
looks like Kobo has a desktop version? I've never used it so I have no idea if it's good for reading on though.

I *think* you can get a link if you buy a kindle version (maybe via email) to view a desktop version but again that's not something I've done and they may not do it anymore. I just remember that being an option that was offered at one point but at the time I didn't need it so never thought about trying to do it again.

If you buy a lot of manga and have to read it on your computer it might be worth it to spring for a cheap tablet; my refurbished fire tablet was ~$35 and I really like reading manga on it.

Everything Burrito fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Jun 27, 2018

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.
Yeah, Kindle has both a web app and a desktop app that you can use to read your library on your computer, if that's what you'd prefer.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
Kobo's 10 instead of 6ish for some reason. Sounds like Kindle will work. Does comixology just have a web reader? I dunno why I suddenly have a preference not to use a webreader besides HnK warrants spreads instead of single pages for me the same way YKK does. I guess it's partly if I'm paying for it by volume I wanna actually "have" it in some way and be able to read w/o internet, and partly because the service's readers I've used before (mainly Viz) have felt really slow and bad whereas scan sites which I use all the time are generally snappy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
e; well for some reason it changed from the 6.49 it was the last 2 days to 10 so, guess I'll wait lol