Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FRINGE
May 23, 2003
title stolen for lf posting

Felinoid posted:

GoNNER out of morbid curiosity.

Yeah, same.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
hard choice

it's been a while since I played Nuclear Throne, let's do that

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

That soundtrack was pretty decent also Weaponologist

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

If it was just Weaponologist and Gonner I'd have picked Weaponologist, but there's no way they can compete with Nuclear Throne.

Amorphous Abode
Apr 2, 2010

We may have finally found unobtainium but I will never find eywa.

Everyone knows Nuclear Throne so show em' GoNNER

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Bomberman the Rougelite. Yeah, that makes sense. I wonder why we haven't seen more of those.

Party Bug
Mar 13, 2008

SALT BECOMES EMPOWERMENT

Nuclear Throne

WOOP W O O P

:siren: THE VOICE OF THE PEOPLE :siren:

FORCED SHOWDOWN
Deckbuilding empowers this challenging bullet hell adventure! Each character is a unique experience: Choose a deck of unlockable cards to boost you in new ways every battle - "My whirlwind shoots fireballs!?". Battle hordes of brutal foes to become a superstar in C-SAR’s ever-changing game show.

Sublevel Zero Redux
Sublevel Zero Redux is a roguelite six-degree-of-freedom shooter in a universe where reality is falling apart. Use your zero-g gunship to fight through a vast underground facility, looting advanced weapons to destroy hordes of deadly enemies.

City of Brass
Become a daring thief in City of Brass, a first-person action adventure from senior BioShock developers. Armed with scimitar and a versatile whip, you’ll lash and slash, bait and trap your way to the heart of an opulent, Arabian Nights-themed metropolis – or face certain death as time runs out.

These might be good games, who knows! Pick one!

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

City of Brass I guess.

Also I haven't played Nuclear Throne so you're not the last person on Earth. Unless you kill me...

the littlest prince
Sep 23, 2006

Nuclear throne looks a lot more fun when succeeding than the other times I've watched it, which included endless deaths.

Voting for City of Brass. I tried Sublevel Zero Redux and was pretty disappointed so hopefully you don't have to endure that. Looks nice but plays poorly.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Sublevel Zero because I'm pretty sure that's the game that is sort of the spiritual successor to Descent.

mellonbread
Dec 20, 2017
Here's the problem with being the last one to play a game, after everyone else has already mastered it

(my vote is for City of Brass )

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Marginally better than Shepard's dancing. 2/10
FORCED SHOWDOWN sounds bizarre.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

City of Brass because I get a weird Prince of Persia vibe from it.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
I'm pretty sure eating the disc gun is heresy.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Nalesh posted:

I'm pretty sure eating the disc gun is heresy.

I'm pretty sure eating the flak cannon is heresy. Also lol sledge > shovel?

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

I'm going to vote for City of Brass. I'm not sure if it's what the developers were going for, but it's a setting from the old Advanced Dungeons and Dragons where the fire elemental monsters hung out, and is pictured on the back of the old Dungeon Master's Guide.

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich
The City of Brass is where the djinn were from before they got enslaved to build Jerusalem in ye olden bible times.

Party Bug
Mar 13, 2008

SALT BECOMES EMPOWERMENT
The disc gun is a gently caress.

CirclMastr posted:

Also I haven't played Nuclear Throne so you're not the last person on Earth. Unless you kill me...
i'm coming for you

mellonbread posted:

good picture
:mad:

(thankfully the sledgehammer carried me)

Party Bug fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Jul 15, 2018

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Party Bug posted:

i'm coming for you

Promises, promises...

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
I remember seeing a quicklook of City of Brass at some point and it seemed cool. :getin:

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

I played forced showdown for a bit; worlds seemed a bit too long for me but I'd like to see someone who potentially doesn't blow rear end at it, like me, do it.

Party Bug
Mar 13, 2008

SALT BECOMES EMPOWERMENT

City of Brass (1/?)

Democracy has been suspended for a week or so.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

It's a very pretty game, though it looks a bit light, both mechanically and story-wise.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

It's done disasterously as far as sales and players go though.

Party Bug
Mar 13, 2008

SALT BECOMES EMPOWERMENT
I'm sure I'll say this at some point in a later video, but City of Brass is pretty okay. My main complaint is that it all feels a little sluggish, and because of that it gets really tedious to slug your way back through 10 or so levels whenever you die. I feel like if it played faster it'd be more fun.

Party Bug
Mar 13, 2008

SALT BECOMES EMPOWERMENT

City of Brass (2/2)

:siren: TAGER / WALD IS GONNA WIN EVO :siren:

Everspace
EVERSPACE™ combines fast-paced combat with roguelike elements, great visuals and a captivating story. It takes you on a challenging journey through an ever-changing, beautifully crafted universe full of surprises. Shoot, craft and loot your way to victory while the odds are stacked against you.

Rush Rover
Rush Rover is a 2D top-down shooter game. Compared to other similar games of the genre, the shooting experience is closer to traditional shoot'em up games. It includes random map generation, unique weapons, lots of different enemies, exciting boss battles and a dynamic chiptune soundtrack.

GoNNER
EVERSPACE™ combines fast-paced combat with roguelike elements, great visuals and a captivating story. It takes you on a challenging journey through an ever-changing, beautifully crafted universe full of surprises. Shoot, craft and loot your way to victory while the odds are stacked against you.

Those are your choices for this week!

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Something tells me you want us to vote for Everspace given that you posted its description twice...

racerabbit
Sep 8, 2011

"HI, I WANT TO HUG PINS NUTS."
:frolf:
Everspace It has space in the title, it must be good.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Everspace looks like a good choice.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

[b][Everspace/b] is actually a fun game, what I've played of it. It gets my vote.

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Marginally better than Shepard's dancing. 2/10
I'll vote for GoNNER because apparently it's a lot like Everspace. :v:

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Everspace because it has all the signs of a good game.

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Everspace because Space is the Place.

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~
Said the spider to the fly~
Just saw this and it looks neat. Are you open to suggestions? I know a couple of good roguelikes.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Everspace looks like the only good game on that list.

Party Bug
Mar 13, 2008

SALT BECOMES EMPOWERMENT

BenRGamer posted:

Just saw this and it looks neat. Are you open to suggestions? I know a couple of good roguelikes.
If your game isn't already on this this big list feel free to suggest it. All the picks come from the wheel, in blessed random generation.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Party Bug posted:

If your game isn't already on this this big list feel free to suggest it. All the picks come from the wheel, in blessed random generation.

I would like to suggest Unexplored. The fact that nobody has suggested it yet is a drat tragedy.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

That's already on the list, actually (the list is very long). I'll suggest Golden Krone Hotel though.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Party Bug posted:

If your game isn't already on this this big list feel free to suggest it.

It tells me the wheel is full. "Visit our Business page to purchase a wheel with beyond 100 rogues on it", apparently.

If you'll take suggestions here I saw a kickin rad gifv of an upcoming game called Devader

https://i.imgur.com/y9u67Lo.mp4
that I think may be roguelike. Ish? There's a free demo available for the interested.

Karate Bastard fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Aug 6, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

von Metternich
May 7, 2007
Why the hell not?
I'd love to see you try Occult Quest, it's an odd little game and I've never seen much talk about it.