Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
This whole restaurant brouhaha is just the most recent in a long list of examples of the upper classes caring a million times more about their own class interests than anything else. They're literally whining harder as hard as they've ever been just because rich and powerful people are being negatively affected in the most trivial of ways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Al! posted:

imagine the horror of being forced to only eat bbq made by nonwhites

one of the few positives about the south is you can easily spot the chud-owned bbq joints by the lack of a woodpile out back

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

https://twitter.com/lfung/status/1010961280197259264

look at these poor nazis! they're practically wasting away!!

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Sanders has been in Congress for decades and has accomplished very little. Just having an rear end in the seat for a long time and saying some of the right things to get people fired up doesn't mean he's a good politician.
how can you post this much about politics and be this ignorantly naive

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Condiv posted:

suck my fat loving schlong you liberal cowards

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Condiv posted:

I somehow missed that this was the motherfucking editorial board.

Edit: LOL, I got someone economically mad. :allears:

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

comedyblissoption posted:

how can you post this much about politics and be this ignorantly naive

This why CSPAM needs more extreme vetting for GPS and D&D refugees

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

SKULL.GIF posted:

so my understanding of these two articles:

https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/poll-nearly-half-of-israeli-jews-consider-leftists-not-loyal-1.5470656

quote:

The IDI’s monthly Peace Index survey, published Tuesday, found that 48 percent of Israeli Jews think that leftists are either “not so loyal” or “not loyal at all” to the state.

Almost 55 percent said they “strongly agree” or “moderately agree” that voicing criticism of the state at times of tense security situations is “unacceptable.”

The survey was conducted among a representative sample of Israelis (500 Jews and 100 Arabs) between November 29 and December 1.

According to the survey, 40 percent of Israelis favor annexing the West Bank. The figure was slightly more than 44 percent among Israeli Jews, and just under 20 percent for Israeli Arabs.

In the event that the West Bank is eventually annexed to Israel, less than half of the respondents (46.7 percent) said they believed there was no choice but to give Palestinians living in the area full and equal civil rights. Among Israeli Jews, only 41.8 percent were of that opinion, as compared with 70.7 percent of Israeli Arabs.

it's basically marching toward fascism

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Absurd Alhazred posted:

I somehow missed that this was the motherfucking editorial board.

Edit: LOL, I got someone economically mad. :allears:

last time i did that to someone in D&D, they gave me a swastika as an avatar

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Condiv posted:

last time i did that to someone in D&D, they gave me a swastika as an avatar

I'm sure that's somewhere in the wings.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
ban AA force him to reregister, let him be born again.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
https://twitter.com/pareene/status/1011030823213109248?s=21

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Joementum posted:

from the moon. an the missile are big rocks or slabs of metal that cause damage from gravitational impact to get around the Outer Space Treaty.

"objects launched from the moon" is a lot less stupid-sounding than "objects dropped from the moon"

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

uh oh! blocking people eating at restaurants is now the official centrist position

guess i'm against it now :shrug:

Condiv has issued a correction as of 00:58 on Jun 25, 2018

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Condiv posted:

uh oh! blocking people eating at restaurants is now the official centrist position

guess i'm against it now :shrug:

https://twitter.com/davidaxelrod/status/1010938373090013185

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
If conservatives started trying to make their restaurants whites only that'd be a huge winfall for POC to sue the poo poo out of them. Some bars and restaurants already try to be enforcing strict "dress codes" but the majority of them won't because the majority of maga ppl dress like the people of Walmart website.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Calibanibal posted:

lol like what do chud restaurants even serrve

poop?? haha

ham sandwiches with Kraft singles

not cheddar singles, those are far too spicy for the palatte

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

id like to know more about the pro-genocide isreali arabs...... i assume theyre mostly rich guys????

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

israel bad

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Al! posted:

id like to know more about the pro-genocide isreali arabs...... i assume theyre mostly rich guys????

the boomer is a worldwide disease friend

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Al! posted:

Israeli Arabs are not a unitary group. Some subgroups, such as certain Beduins and many Druze, do not see themselves as having the same interests as Palestinians. They are also far more likely to serve in the IDF.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

oh my god the mass pearl clutching from chuds in the comments

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

https://twitter.com/maggieNYT/status/1011013421784010754

but this call to violence is okay, naturally

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Destroy the chuds

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Cerebral Bore posted:

This whole restaurant brouhaha is just the most recent in a long list of examples of the upper classes caring a million times more about their own class interests than anything else. They're literally whining harder as hard as they've ever been just because rich and powerful people are being negatively affected in the most trivial of ways.

See also , every story about what its like to be black (especially in the dolezal stories) framed around hailing taxis in Manhattan

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
The Trump admin and Republicans in congress are doing poo poo like taking away the pre-existing condition coverage for insurance. That's indirectly murdering people. And that's just one of like a thousand things they are doing that have tangible negative impacts on people's lives. They should be shamed and ostracized any time they show their faces.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

me, in extremely pundit voice: concentration camps are bad, but getting angry and not letting their perpetrators dine at a restaurant is the REAL crime.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

there are effitte lattee sipping liberals who couldn't boil water without burning it and they all live in nyc and write opinion articles and they're terrified of the idea that they might have to one day fight for something

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Thoguh posted:

The Trump admin and Republicans in congress are doing poo poo like taking away the pre-existing condition coverage for insurance. That's indirectly murdering people. And that's just one of like a thousand things they are doing that have tangible negative impacts on people's lives. They should be shamed and ostracized any time they show their faces.

Now apply this thought to Obama et al going with mandatory insurance subscriptions instead of NHS version ii

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

mastershakeman posted:

Now apply this thought to Obama et al going with mandatory insurance subscriptions instead of NHS version ii

i fully support kicking anyone who worked for obama out of your business too

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

mastershakeman posted:

Okay!

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Thoguh posted:

in some places oligarchs have to hole up in walled compounds with armed guards 24/7 or they would be literally torn apart by an angry mob

that's the level we should shoot for

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

As a good Mennonite, I am all in favor that we should shun and excommunicate the slave-traders, the oppressors, the murderers, the callous and the indifferent and the hateful, that they may feel the admonishment of their sins and renounce their evil.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

If you want to be a politician you should just accept that a normal civil life is impossible in the same way celebrities can't have a normal life.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

you, idiot: if only the german people had overthrown hitler when they understood what was going on

maggie, brain genius: that would be wrong because then hitler could overthrow them

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

If you want to be a politician you should just accept that a normal civil life is impossible in the same way celebrities can't have a normal life.

It's perfectly possible if you're a politician during a prosperous and peaceful time.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Absolutely. You're a policy-making public servant, and you can't lead a normal life. If you want that, quit/resign.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Al! posted:

druze, probably

for reasons beyond my meager knowledge and their wikipedia page, the Druze population are loyal Zionists, and in return, they face less discrimination than other Israeli Arabs

it's always a big deal when racist gangs attack an Arab without realizing that they're a Druze soldier on leave

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

i mean, i am strongly of the opinion that if you want to be a politician, you have to live like the least among you while you do it. don't want to live like a monk in an abbey and take up a vow of poverty, chastity, and obedience? gently caress you, don't run for office.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
to follow up on what some people were talking about earlier, Bernie Sanders has a national profile because he ran a competitive campaign for president. if he doesn't run but another progressive does, they would gain national profile as well. He should probably announce whether or not he is running very soon after the midterms - like January 2019 - in order to let somebody else have enough time to build a real campaign (i.e. not what he started out with in 2016) if he decides not to run

• Locked thread