Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014

Robert Analog posted:

Please everyone click this it’s hilarious

e; I’m the youtube comments claiming they sound nothing alike

Let me explain to you why Gambino is a genius, and this plagiarism is in fact an extra layer of depth to “This Is America”,..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SD87
Jun 7, 2011

lol indeed :p
If you told me their new album was trash I wouldn’t argue with you one bit. With JMT it is what it is. After nine albums you either like them or you don’t and their new poo poo definitely won’t change your mind. Vinnie paz is far from the greatest rapper but after nine albums there is no one man better suited for rapping over a stoupe beat than the paz man himself

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
https://streamable.com/amp_player/5ou9c

lol, gently caress donald glover

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

SD87 posted:

lol indeed :p
If you told me their new album was trash I wouldn’t argue with you one bit. With JMT it is what it is. After nine albums you either like them or you don’t and their new poo poo definitely won’t change your mind. Vinnie paz is far from the greatest rapper but after nine albums there is no one man better suited for rapping over a stoupe beat than the paz man himself

Agreed.

New album is enjoyable if you're into that sort of thing. One of the better ones for sure. Vinnie Paz also keeps evolving and improving over the years too.

Not everyone's cup of tea for sure. Not stuff I'm gonna make any friends listen to in my car.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Holy poo poo :lol:

Ultraklystron
May 19, 2010

Unsafe At Every Speed

I did have to trim the hooks to get them to line up that perfectly, but other wise it's the same key, same vibe and only 2 bpm different. I honestly didn't expect that it'd only mean dropping a few measures in the right spots.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
the dude could easily sue and win like a lottery's worth of money. the two song are drat near identical and there have been many suits that sides with the plaintiff for less (blurred lines, shape of you). i honestly think donald bought the song and credit, like most stars do. but he didn't know he bought something stolen so he's hosed either way. too many people are stealing credit/songs anyway.

the jase dudes seems cool about it and that's sad. his whole song was bit but he gotta be cool so people don't call him hater. i can imagine the pressure small artists get to let the bigger ones slide.

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug

temple posted:

the dude could easily sue and win like a lottery's worth of money. the two song are drat near identical and there have been many suits that sides with the plaintiff for less (blurred lines, shape of you). i honestly think donald bought the song and credit, like most stars do. but he didn't know he bought something stolen so he's hosed either way. too many people are stealing credit/songs anyway.

the jase dudes seems cool about it and that's sad. his whole song was bit but he gotta be cool so people don't call him hater. i can imagine the pressure small artists get to let the bigger ones slide.

Donald Glover and Ludwig Goransson are the only credited writers on the song and the original artist said that he had no contact with Donald, meaning that either Donald had an uncredited ghostwriter who stole this song without telling anyone or that Donald directly plagiarized the song himself and thought no one would notice

The original artist is being absurdly chill considering a famous celebrity just stole his song and turned it into one of the most successful and acclaimed songs of the year. He at least deserves a writing credit and royalties from Glover and would have a good shot at suing for it in court, too.

HorseRenoir fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Jun 25, 2018

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
can't wait to see how big don responds to these wild allegations

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

I think I'm in agreement that Freddie starts to sound pretty samey after a few listens, especially in comparison to You Only Live 2wice. gently caress though the last half of 20 Karat Jesus gets me every loving time.

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

the song donglover copied is fire honestly

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

40 lbs to freedom posted:

the song donglover copied is fire honestly

It's kind of impressive how much worse "This is America" is.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Seriously.

This dude better sue.

Princeps32
Nov 9, 2012

Vargatron posted:

I think I'm in agreement that Freddie starts to sound pretty samey after a few listens, especially in comparison to You Only Live 2wice. gently caress though the last half of 20 Karat Jesus gets me every loving time.

yeah frustrating because if i'm paying attention he's loving insane good but the songs around his flow are pretty whatever

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

HMS Beagle posted:

It's kind of impressive how much worse "This is America" is.

Idk about that lol

Ultraklystron
May 19, 2010

Unsafe At Every Speed
I like how only 3 people have RT'd that comparison video but I already have Childish stans tracking the tweet down and replying on Twitter:

https://twitter.com/Kebabahabaninja/status/1011095779350663170

Bullet Proof
Sep 3, 2006

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Idk about that lol

American pharoah goes way harder than this is america

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Bullet Proof posted:

American pharoah goes way harder than this is america

It goes hard but I wouldn’t call this is America bad.

I only heard the Pharoah one once though

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

This is the best an X song has ever sounded:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRuK97ifSKc

cameoflage
Dec 29, 2017

Has anyone else seen the one IG post that has some animated flows laid out state by state? It had 6ix9ine, Lil Uzi, Drake, etc to name a few. Can someone post the songs that represented the states of California and Florida?

Bullet Proof
Sep 3, 2006

The REAL Goobusters posted:

It goes hard but I wouldn’t call this is America bad.

I only heard the Pharoah one once though

Oh yea I don't hate this is america, I just think it comes off worse in comparison

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

https://youtu.be/dVfdsBtXjQg

New Meek, I dig it

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/famlikefamily/status/1011244111754506240

I think it's a coincidence, most of the really similar parts are the atonal parts and it's easy enough to accidentally copy someone with stuff with actual chords and a key. The similarity definitely is eerie though. And yeah I think Pharaoh may be a better song than TIA too

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Bootsie Collins has the masters, bitch

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

lmao ok if the similarities are accidental im going out to buy a lottery ticket today

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

https://twitter.com/pitchfork/status/1011220424703791105

:cripes:

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

"He created this masterpiece in 8 days, oh my god what a genius"

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Be weary when you see oppression disguised as progression

The Spirit told me to use discernment and a Smith n Wesson at my discretion

Practice heavy self reflection, avoid self deception
If you lost, get re-direction
Kanye loving hoodwinked us basically and everyone thinks he's a loving genius.

Daytona came out great in retrospect but I'm super curious to see the original versions of all the albums. Kanye had a manic episode and proved he can poo poo out literally anything and people will buy it.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

He did the same thing for his last two albums so whatever

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

RBX posted:

"He created this masterpiece in 8 days, oh my god what a genius"

this but unironically

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Yuzenn posted:

Daytona came out great in retrospect but I'm super curious to see the original versions of all the albums. Kanye had a manic episode and proved he can poo poo out literally anything and people will buy it.

From all accounts he took his time on everybody else's stuff, from what I see only for his album he did this dumb poo poo.

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Be weary when you see oppression disguised as progression

The Spirit told me to use discernment and a Smith n Wesson at my discretion

Practice heavy self reflection, avoid self deception
If you lost, get re-direction

RBX posted:

From all accounts he took his time on everybody else's stuff, from what I see only for his album he did this dumb poo poo.

I'm not sure Teyana needed him at all, he didn't even have Nas's Album mixed at "release" and played so many games with Pusha's album it's crazy.

That and the 7 album stuff is honest to god robbery of content for no good reason. Would any of these albums REALLY be terrible as a 10 song album?

I'm a Pusha T stan and ffs it's gonna be a while before we get another album and he has at least another album's worth of content which because of the Kanye "vision" will probably not see the light of day

The end of the Good Music rollout looks pretty lovely overall, all things considered

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Sounds like this is really tough for you.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Yuzenn posted:

I'm not sure Teyana needed him at all, he didn't even have Nas's Album mixed at "release" and played so many games with Pusha's album it's crazy.

That and the 7 album stuff is honest to god robbery of content for no good reason. Would any of these albums REALLY be terrible as a 10 song album?

I'm a Pusha T stan and ffs it's gonna be a while before we get another album and he has at least another album's worth of content which because of the Kanye "vision" will probably not see the light of day

The end of the Good Music rollout looks pretty lovely overall, all things considered

Oh I totally agree with you but all that's different that "I shitted an album out in less than two weeks."

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

gently caress I'm on a Yung Lean/Sadboys tip. pls send help

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Yuzenn posted:

What exactly is the difference between "tricking" lots of people into thinking you're a genius and actually being a genius?

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
lol its making a song called this is america and biting the entire track from another black artist

Robert Analog
Feb 16, 2008

shyah
7 songs is too short imo unless you’re a prog metal band and every song is 13 minutes long.

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

Vargatron posted:

gently caress I'm on a Yung Lean/Sadboys tip. pls send help

as far as newer artists that are doing something similar to this 6 dogs is cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

temple posted:

lol its making a song called this is america and biting the entire track from another black artist

I mean yeah that is pretty much the most american thing