Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Improbable Lobster posted:

I hope there's even more giant maps

I want a giant Sokrovenno stage with The End as a stage hazard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Forget Rex, give me Mòrag as a playable character

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_emgtV3O68

IM NOT CRYING YOURE CRYING SHUT UP

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM

Ometeotl posted:

Forget Rex, give me Mòrag as a playable character

That's a weird way to spell Zeke.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Morag is the only Blade user not dating their pokegirl so she's clearly the best pick by default

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Don’t include anyone from Xenoblade 2. Ignore it entirely.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Bongo Bill posted:

Not gonna lie, I really like Palutena's Temple.

Each individual section is actually pretty nice but then you put them all together and it becomes a nightmare.

Wendell posted:

Don’t include anyone from Xenoblade 2. Ignore it entirely.

This could happen but it also probably won’t

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

multijoe posted:

Morag is the only Blade user not dating their pokegirl so she's clearly the best pick by default

Well let's not ruin anyone's dreams here

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Xenoblade 2 might show up as DLC but i don't think it will be in the base game since they started work on this game at the end of 2015 and all the splatoon stuff in the game is based on Splatoon 1. in this gamer's opinion, stuff that is after 2015 won't show up in the base game other than maybe as a trophy or other small reference.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
xenoblade 2 shouldn't be added cuz you're not going have the authentic experience of ten voice lines repetitively playing over each other

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Sakurai can get access to materials from games in development, so it just depends on what he sought out. I guess it kind of comes down to "Which 2016 games were on Sakurai's radar in time?" BotW and SMO obviously were, because they were surefire tentpoles. But yeah, if there's really no Splatoon 2 stuff then ARMS and XB2 might not be in the cards either.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

I've seen a few people throw the idea of Octolings as an echo fighter for Inklings but my main issue with this is that Inklings are a brand new character and introducing a moveset clone of them now would only make the Inklings and Octolings less distinct. With the echo fighters and other semi-clone characters, they're based on ones that were established in previous games.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

The Splatoon 2 boxart inklings aren't even included in the inkling costumes, I think you can probably straight-up forget about octolings in this edition of Smash.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
I'm mad that Pac-Maze gets left behind but god-awful Pac-Land gets to stay

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I'm sorry there is already a Karate Man in Smash and his name is Ryu.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

It won't be left behind, as a stages are returning

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

It's not confirmed yet, but it probably will be, we can hope.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
Pac-Maze's unique 3DS features could also be implemented on the Switch with local wireless play.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/melodicake/status/1010307488862953473

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

multijoe posted:

I don't think Nia is dating Dromarch.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Shadowlyger posted:

I don't think Nia is dating Dromarch.

Ahemhem ahemhemhem cough how far along are you

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

multijoe posted:

From what I’ve seen there’s a great many people who’d disagree with the first part of your sentance.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

https://twitter.com/AshPaulsen/status/1010407798406934528

:swoon:

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

Calaveron posted:

Ahemhem ahemhemhem cough how far along are you

Beaten the game.

They specifically said "Blade user dating their Blade", so.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

lol

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Shadowlyger posted:

Beaten the game.

They specifically said "Blade user dating their Blade", so.

I mean, she wants to but he's super dense about it

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

This needs an update now.

TheLoneStar fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Jun 25, 2018

Kramdar
Jun 21, 2005

Radmark says....Worship Kramdar
Today has been weird. First I overhear the Costco cart wrangler talking to his buddy about edge-guarding. Then on the Howard Stern replay, I hear JD explaining to them about the reveal at E3, and they’re mocking all the YouTuber reaction vids to Ridley’s reveal. Smash is everywhere.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Kramdar posted:

Then on the Howard Stern replay, I hear JD explaining to them about the reveal at E3, and they’re mocking all the YouTuber reaction vids to Ridley’s reveal.

"Haha, isn't it weird, that these people care about things! Ha!"

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Reaction vids are pointless and dumb and for the most part obviously people pretending to be more hyped than they actually are.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Pops Mgee posted:

Reaction vids are pointless and dumb and for the most part obviously people pretending to be more hyped than they actually are.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Kramdar posted:

Today has been weird. First I overhear the Costco cart wrangler talking to his buddy about edge-guarding. Then on the Howard Stern replay, I hear JD explaining to them about the reveal at E3, and they’re mocking all the YouTuber reaction vids to Ridley’s reveal. Smash is everywhere.

I like this post

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Reaction vids are cool and good because they give people an out from wage slavery if they’re big enough

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
This is the only good youtube reaction video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJgLa3eKMYs

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Pops Mgee posted:

I agree for the most part but A) sometimes those over the top reactions are fun to watch since it's sometimes just their genuine feelings dialed up and B) there are some videos out there of more subdued, natural reactions and those are even better because even they got animated for their favorite parts. Joy begets joy.

But really they are just an excuse for me to relive that trailer over and over because I can't deal with how far away December is.

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

Let'en my post flyen true

Gamerofthegame posted:

xenoblade 2 shouldn't be added cuz you're not going have the authentic experience of ten voice lines repetitively playing over each other

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dO81wxDc2nc

Maple Leaf fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Jun 25, 2018

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Xenoblade 2 won't get a character, but it will get representation through an assist trophy.

The assist trophy is a bunch of Ardanian Soldiers.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i love the ardanian soldiers. i'm declaring this thread a safe spot for them.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Gamerofthegame posted:

Bring on the titty swords.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

sharrrk posted:

i love the ardanian soldiers. i'm declaring this thread a safe spot for them.

ill never forget them