Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I’m both so desperate to know if Michael Pena has another recap scene in this one but I also want to go in blind and be delighted if there’s one.

Then crushingly disappointed if there isn’t.

Unless the post credit scene is him recapping Infinity War (his other cousin was in Wakanda so he saw it all) to Scott.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Endless Mike posted:

This is a very spicy take, even for you.

The truth burns.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
If Michael Pena gets dusted during the snap I will riot.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

AngryBooch posted:

If Michael Pena gets dusted during the snap I will riot.

I think the post credits scene should be Michael Pena recapping what he saw after the snap to Ant-Man.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Wasn't there a "Michael Peña Recaps The Entire MCU" thing they did? I think it was at some Con?

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Ant-Man was fun, but I always found it very disjointed, because they seemed to want Ant-Man to be both a criminal, and also completely innocent? So people keep reacting to him like he's a repeat felon and can't be trusted, even though based on his stated actions he's done literally nothing wrong and is a hero.

It's like they wanted a redemption story but also didn't want Scott to have done any actual bad crimes.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
"Illegal" and "Wrong" aren't always the same for different kinds of people. It works for a character that screwed a big corp to be hired by someone that hates big corps.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
commentary on how many people are put in prison and then treated like poo poo when they get out even though they aren't bad people

Congrats on discovering the American prison system

site fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Jun 25, 2018

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

site posted:

commentary on how many people are put in prison and then treated like poo poo when they get out even though they aren't bad people

Yeah, I get that, but the movie is still trying to frame itself as a redemption story but also doesn't really give Scott any faults that need redemption as such.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
I think of it less as "redemption" and more as a "prove yourself" arc.

Unmature
May 9, 2008
Doctor Strange is the worst Marvel movie and it's not even close

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

At least Dr. Strange didn't have a character who spent the whole movie complaining that they should be Dr. Strange instead.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Unmature posted:

Doctor Strange is the worst Marvel movie and it's not even close

Yeah, right? That technology ist totally unrealistic. They didn't even explain how the coat could fly.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Lurdiak posted:

At least Dr. Strange didn't have a character who spent the whole movie complaining that they should be Dr. Strange instead.

...yes it did.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
Ant-Man is so not better than The Avengers. It's certainly not even close to Homecoming. I think putting it with Dr. Strange in the "Ok" tier of the MCU is appropriate.

Seriously, Thor 2 is the worst. And if we're lucky it'll stay that way.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Thor 2 is so bad

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
Iron Man 2 is easily the worst overall Marvel Studios film. Thor TDW is just the most rote and obligatory one, and thus the one that does the most to vindicate the usual criticism of Marvel Studios as a formulaic blockbuster-as-product factory.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Rhyno posted:

Not while AoU, IM2 and Thor 2 exist.

Edit: IT'S BETTER THAN HOMECOMING FIGHT ME NERDS

I would totally fight you. Ant Man is eh. It would’ve bee better with a good director instead of just watchable.

Homecoming is probably in my top 5.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Ant Man is barely even good. It's so forgettable

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Barry Convex posted:

Iron Man 2 is easily the worst overall Marvel Studios film. Thor TDW is just the most rote and obligatory one, and thus the one that does the most to vindicate the usual criticism of Marvel Studios as a formulaic blockbuster-as-product factory.

The answer is clearly, always and forever, Hulk. It's the one that people often forget was even a movie in the first place. Like TDW has moments, here or there, that show the people in it can rise above the material. Loki mourning his mother is a well done moment for instance. That's something. Hulk is literally a big pile of nothing that you need to remind people was even a Marvel flick. It is literally forgettable rather than rhetorically. It's hard to get much worse than that.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Yeah I'm definitely on the Ant-Man naysayers' train. For a film with so many clever and fun effects, it still ended up being painfully, eye-rollingly generic in almost all respects.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I do love Doctor Strange though. It’s one of my favorites just kinda how chill it makes me. I watch that sometimes when ain’t poo poo on and I want to relax.

Also I love the score.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Aphrodite posted:

...yes it did.

Did you watch a different movie than me?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Lurdiak posted:

Did you watch a different movie than me?

You watched a different movie than everyone else if you don't recall Mordo basically being like "man, gently caress this guy and his fuckups."

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

He basically said gently caress everyone and their gently caress ups.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

ImpAtom posted:

You watched a different movie than everyone else if you don't recall Mordo basically being like "man, gently caress this guy and his fuckups."

Mordo's problem wasn't with Strange or him being promoted ahead of his worth or anything, it was that the entirety of everything he'd been taught was built on a lie. He saw the entire idea of sorcerors as morally compromised by their very existence. That's not at all the same thing as Evangeline Lily whining nonstop that she doesn't get to wear the suit and arguing about wanting to wear the suit and criticizing the guy wearing the suit for not wearing it right etc.

Also Mordo's arc was him becoming a villain, whereas I was apparently supposed to like Wasp.

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

Did Ant-Man beat the poo poo out of The Wasp and then spray her with bug spray and then send his ants to molest her, like in the comics?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Fartbox posted:

Did Ant-Man beat the poo poo out of The Wasp and then spray her with bug spray and then send his ants to molest her, like in the comics?

I think they took that out of the movie when Edgar Wright left.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Fartbox posted:

That was Ultimate Pym, Lang is a cool dude.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
I still can't get over how bad the worldbuilding in Doctor Strange was and how poorly the plot and characterizations were depicted. "Using the Dark Dimension is bad! Why? It just is, that's why, you big hypocrite! [bunch of sorcerers fight about this]" Also some people wanna live forever and this is totally relevant to anything at all

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Calaveron posted:

Thor 2 is so bad

I liked Thor 2. The dark elves looked really cool and I liked that Abe Sapien fell in love with one.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Thor 2 has that professor running around with his pants off and some good Loki scenes. It's a-ok in my book. Solid C-.

RaspberrySea
Nov 29, 2004
If Jane was completely written out of the movie and Selvig got infected by the Infinity whatever, it would have been so much better.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

MorgaineDax posted:

If Jane was completely written out of the movie and Selvig got infected by the Infinity whatever, it would have been so much better.

Or if they cast someone who wasn't taking a nap as Jane Foster.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

MorgaineDax posted:

I have the backing of a number of interested parties. All I need is $300 million.

I will be consulting with Marvel fans directly throughout the writing of the remake of Thor 2: The Dark World as the plan is to make a version of T2TDW that is as close to universally accepted as possible! (You'll never please everyone, but at least it wouldn't be blasphemy)

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Lurdiak posted:

Or if they cast someone who wasn't taking a nap as Jane Foster.

Kat Dennings should’ve been Jane Foster

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Thor 2 is so blah. Recently I read a thing recapping it and realized I had completely forgotten the entire main plot. Not just what happened in it, but even what the whole movie was about.

My unpopular MCU opinions are that Thor 1 is good, Iron Man 3 is great, and Avengers 1 is near the bottom.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Kat Dennings is a very bad actress and a gigantic racist.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I cant deal with the level of trolling going on about thor 2 being in any way good and ant man being bad this early in the morning y'all are killin me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Aphrodite posted:

Kat Dennings is a very bad actress and a gigantic racist.
Wait what?

• Locked thread