Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Hockles posted:

Both are dead. Maverick's Proving Grounds is the future.

Wrong again idiot. Islands of Nyne so hot right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

VulgarandStupid posted:

Wrong again idiot. Islands of Nyne so hot right now.

Haha, fooled you. My real game of choice is Cuisine Royale.

The Wonder Weapon
Dec 16, 2006

They're all doomed when Overcooked 2's BR launches

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

The Wonder Weapon posted:

They're all doomed when Overcooked 2's BR launches

100 cooks in a kitchen?

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Star Man posted:

Can I like things yet?

No, what do you think this is? The something stupendous forums? No! We are something awful. You'll hate everything and you won't even like that either.

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015
Spent a bit trying out Sanhok. Seems like a fun compromise between not suicide hotdropping and still being able to get good guns, will probably be a good map to practice gunplay on.

First impression on the event pass is that you earn such pathetic amounts of EXP that the whole thing seems absolutely pointless unless you buy the premium pass and play literally 20-30+ hours a week. Good luck to anyone who wants that jacket or the terrible parachute skin.

Scoss fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Jun 22, 2018

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
I constantly kill myself by switching into iron sights.

The time is nearing for two separate buttons for iron sights and shouldering.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Accretionist posted:

I constantly kill myself by switching into iron sights.

The time is nearing for two separate buttons for iron sights and shouldering.

Hold right click for ADS, toggle aim on a thumb mouse button.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
Edit:

Just edited C:\Users\[Windows User Name]\AppData\Local\TslGame\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor\GameUserSettings.ini

Let's see if it works!

Accretionist fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Jun 22, 2018

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.
Unbind ADS/Aim, bind ADS and bind Aim individually, switch ADS to hold in the settings and make sure Aim is set to toggle.

no need for .ini changes anymore

Blowdryer
Jan 25, 2008

Thom P. Tiers posted:

100 cooks in a kitchen?

https://youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=QrGrOK8oZG8

KingNastidon
Jun 25, 2004
Performance overall seems to be better, especially items appearing and looting after drop. The new map plays much faster and has come a long way from initial testing. UI clean-up is nice. I don't know why people playing first person would care about their hats when you can't see them. Game is good.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

I was hoping that's what this link was.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I've just gone for:
  • ADS - Right Click
  • Aim - Shift + Right-Click

And those Sanhok Event Beach Shirts. I listened to a lot of Jimmy Buffet as a child. They... they speak to me.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Accretionist posted:

I've just gone for:
  • ADS - Right Click

I'm gonna give this a shot, to see how it goes

Hippie Hedgehog
Feb 19, 2007

Ever cuddled a hedgehog?

Thom P. Tiers posted:

Snake. Go full speed down, then lift up to about ~190 and pull straight back down to full speed. The goal is to hit about ~170 speed on the pull back down to max velocity. If successful you should be the first person down. Also remember that the wind will pull you a bit in the planes direction still when you drop, so account for that by dropping a bit

I think the snake strat works, but you're mixing up wind and momentum. Your are traveling at airplane speed, so when you jump out you don't instantly lose all that momentum. In an earlier patch you would come out at 0 m/s which was totally unrealistic.

Bouchehog
Dec 19, 2002

The Campaign for Badger Rights

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

thats false. more clothes is more wind resistance you idiot!

Depends on the clothes (in real life at least). You can get suits to reduce your wind resistance and many lighter people jump with weight belts. It is only a matter if time before Bluehoax realise this and introduce it as a paid skin...

Fantastipotamus
Nov 19, 2002

Nothing's wrong. Nothing is wrong. Everything is on track.

Qadaffi Taffy posted:

It's on sale for $20 on steam. I play fortnite occasionally and suck at it but have fun doing so. Should I drop $20 on this game? Is it fun?
“Fun” is subjective of course, but despite how this thread reads lately I think many of us still enjoy it. It’s definitely very different from Fortnite, but if you’ve seen some gameplay in this thread or otherwise, you probably know what you’re in for. If you enjoy serious, “realistic” shooters, why not?

speedtek
Nov 26, 2004

Let's make it out, baby.
Any fellow suckers Event Pass purchasers not get your clothes? I desperately need my khaki shorts.

e: I misread the thing. Guess I gotta level up!

speedtek fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Jun 23, 2018

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

Fantastipotamus posted:

“Fun” is subjective of course, but despite how this thread reads lately I think many of us still enjoy it. It’s definitely very different from Fortnite, but if you’ve seen some gameplay in this thread or otherwise, you probably know what you’re in for. If you enjoy serious, “realistic” shooters, why not?

This. If you’re into realistic FPS then this game, for all its flaws, is amazeen.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

But there’s no bullet penetration on bodies or objects... also you never have to strategically poop in the woods.

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

Which button do you guys have bound to cower?

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

Supesudandi wa, kukan-nai no dandidesu

Dangerllama posted:

Which button do you guys have bound to cower?

Mouse 1

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I’m having a hard time playing Miramar and Erangel after experiencing the loot on Sanhok.

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

What this sausage party needs is a big dollop of ketchup! Too bad I didn't make any. :(

Ehud posted:

I’m having a hard time playing Miramar and Erangel after experiencing the loot on Sanhok.

Don't worry, the bountiful 5.56 will probably go away fairly soon and it'll be awful just like the other maps.

Bouchehog
Dec 19, 2002

The Campaign for Badger Rights

Mae posted:

Mouse 1

Ditto. I've not even bothered to re-bind shoot.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

The QBZ is ridiculous.

I honestly don't think that any other AR comes close at this point.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
Bullpups are just better.

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

OxySnake posted:

The QBZ is ridiculous.

I honestly don't think that any other AR comes close at this point.

I could just be poo poo but I’ve had a much easier time landing longer shots with an M4 than the QBZ. Up close it’s pretty gross tho

Varkas
Apr 16, 2003

If I post before 5pm PST, PM my boss and tell him I'm fired.

Dungeon Ecology posted:

I could just be poo poo but I’ve had a much easier time landing longer shots with an M4 than the QBZ. Up close it’s pretty gross tho

There might be a good reason for that...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=890thQ54NCs

Blowdryer
Jan 25, 2008

Accretionist posted:

I've just gone for:
  • ADS - Right Click

I tried this and I think it's bad because it can mess with your ability to go from sprinting to ADS. I use a separate button on my mouse for it.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Hold right click for ADS
Thumb mouse button for aim

My K/D floats between 0.50 - 0.75 so use this if you want to be like me

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Thom P. Tiers posted:

Snake. Go full speed down, then lift up to about ~190 and pull straight back down to full speed. The goal is to hit about ~170 speed on the pull back down to max velocity. If successful you should be the first person down.

Can you rephrase this? I don't understand how it's supposed to work.

Hippie Hedgehog
Feb 19, 2007

Ever cuddled a hedgehog?

Elman posted:

Can you rephrase this? I don't understand how it's supposed to work.

OK so I drew a picture.
http://cosketch.com/Rooms/ocognkr
You can use the room to improve the picture if you need to, OK? Now don't go drawing any penises on there, I'm at work.

Edit: Who the gently caress drew a bigass penis?

Anyway here is what I drew initially.

Hippie Hedgehog fucked around with this message at 13:21 on Jun 25, 2018

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
The picture helped; I hadn't realized I should be varying my speed while actually diving, I thought were were talking about working the parachute itself. Hmn.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Jack B Nimble posted:

The picture helped; I hadn't realized I should be varying my speed while actually diving, I thought were were talking about working the parachute itself. Hmn.

Yea, you need to pull down when your speed hit around 190-200 because you will still hit about 170-180. The pull down isn't instant.

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

I just apparently bought a pair of "Slacks (Purple)" that I don't remember bidding on, for $1 this morning at 1am. Anyone ever had anything like this happen? When I first started selling crates, I think I put in a few stupid low-price bids on items but I don't remember purple slacks being one of them. Anyone know of a way to tell if you've ever bid on something? Steam support is…about as helpful as you'd expect a company that deals with millions of gamers to be.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
If you bought them, you *probably* had a low bid buy order on them. That's pretty much the only way to tell if you put in a buy order on something after receiving the item.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
So is the 'snake' drop a glorious pubg glitch because that poo poo don't make any sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

It’s a test of mechanical skill.