Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Der Waffle Mous posted:

Just... genuinely confused because the only person who's been talking about Manchin is you.

Unless you're actually for real trying to pull some "MAYBE IT IS YOU WHO IS THE REAL RACIST?" schtick.

you specifically defended him along with hillary in response to the very first post I made that mentioned him.

i'm not saying you're the real racist or something. i'm saying your concern is insincere considering your defense of manchin.

and are you admitting that you're the one who shelled out for this avatar?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

I think it's pretty funny that the centrists on this forum got all pissy about corncob avatars and then turned around and started doling out swastika avatars for "wrong think".

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.

Condiv posted:

you specifically defended him along with hillary in response to the very first post I made that mentioned him.

i'm not saying you're the real racist or something. i'm saying your concern is insincere considering your defense of manchin.

and are you admitting that you're the one who shelled out for this avatar?

The whole point is "Dems Worse" shouldn't be a defense for Bernie's weird subconscious grandpa racism. It keeps being used to defend Bernie's weird subconscious grandpa racism. Why do you keep defending racism when its someone you like?

And no I work a goddamn graveyard shift I don't have no spite avatar money.

poopinmymouth
Mar 2, 2005

PROUD 2 B AMERICAN (these colors don't run)

Der Waffle Mous posted:

The whole point is "Dems Worse" shouldn't be a defense for Bernie's weird subconscious grandpa racism. It keeps being used to defend Bernie's weird subconscious grandpa racism. Why do you keep defending racism when its someone you like?

At this point in time, for whom would you suggest voting for as an alternative to Sanders?

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

Der Waffle Mous posted:

Condiv posted:

Not to say that holding bernie to account for having bad positions is a bad thing. That’s how people get him to change after all.

But when you reflexively defend manchin it brings into question your sincerity in this discussion

I think I've seen one post actually defend Bernie so I don't know where you're this idea from.

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

poopinmymouth posted:

At this point in time, for whom would you suggest voting for as an alternative to Sanders?

Vote for Sanders. He's still one of the best politicians on the national stage even in light of the ICE bullshit.

But he kinda sucks.

I call it "being a minority voter"

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Condiv posted:

wow. someone's economically angry at me again

why do centrists love giving people swastika avatars. do they love fascism that much?

Someone post the study showing centrists support facism more than far-left and actual nazis.

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

I MAKE FUN OF QUEER STORYGAMES BECAUSE I HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO WITH MY LIFE THAN MAKE OTHER PEOPLE CRY

I can't understand these kinds of games, and not getting it bugs me almost as much as me being weird
Man, I am disappointed. Even for a :decorum: without substance editorial, it's pretty low-effort.
No mention of "It's bad because you the the cops might hose down a restaurant you might force are brave police to regrettably kill you in self-defense." or even "This is bad because eventually some loon is going to reenact the Godfather and then the wheels are really going to come off."
Just griping about heckling seems pretty weak. I can't believe they get paid for this poo poo. Make them work in an Amazon warehouse.

poopinmymouth
Mar 2, 2005

Der Waffle Mous posted:

Vote for Sanders. He's still one of the best politicians on the national stage even in light of the ICE bullshit.

But he kinda sucks.

I call it "being a minority voter"

How would you suggest a white voter respond to his issues of racism when brought up?

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

poopinmymouth posted:

How would you suggest a white voter respond to his issues of racism when brought up?

I mean right now I feel like the bare minimum is to stop treating them as innocent little gaffes he'll get over once someone convinces him he's wrong.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Der Waffle Mous posted:

I’m not defending the bad things he’s said. Why I still find him worthwhile is because he reconsiders his bad positions.

Basically the defense for bernie is that he improves himself.

Now, the question I’m going to pose to you is why you reflexively defend an unrepentant racist?

Der Waffle Mous posted:

I mean right now I feel like the bare minimum is to stop treating them as innocent little gaffes he'll get over once someone convinces him he's wrong.

So you consider him irredeemably racist? If we were to believe the same, what should we do? Refuse to support him?

Personally I don’t think he’s irredeemable. He’s literally the imperfect candidate we’re supposed to not let the perfect be the enemy of. I believe he’s improving on social justice month by month after all.

Condiv fucked around with this message at 12:45 on Jun 25, 2018

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

Condiv posted:

I’m not defending the bad things he’s said. Why I still find him worthwhile is because he reconsiders his bad positions.

Basically the defense for bernie is that he improves himself.

Now, the question I’m going to pose to you is why you reflexively defend an unrepentant racist?

So you consider him irredeemably racist? If we were to believe the same, what should we do? Refuse to support him?

Personally I don’t think he’s irredeemable. He’s literally the imperfect candidate we’re supposed to not let the perfect be the enemy of. I believe he’s improving on social justice month by month after all.

Der Waffle Mous posted:

I'm reminded of this incident in college where a really obnoxious girl I knew was bragging about winning an argument in a politics class because she offered up a complete non sequitur that was barely related to the discussion at hand and her opponent left because they thought she was crazy and continuing was a waste of time.

Anyway goodnight. morning

Your Parents
Jul 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich
It's early in the morning.

Your Parents
Jul 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich
You're a quick one.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

that'll teach me to bother responding to you

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

What did Bernie do that was racist?

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

What an eloquent response

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Bernie has a much better record on race than Clinton, considering Clinton owned slaves. Also Obama deported more migrants than Bush. Turns out shitlibs are 100% hypocrites when criticizing Bernie.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Let's be fair, she didn't buy the slaves, they came with the house.

poopinmymouth
Mar 2, 2005

Der Waffle Mous posted:

Ok, but it seems like you took issue to responses that (to me, at least) read as "yes he's racist but he's the best choice we have", but that's also your opinion it seems. I'm a bit confused now.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
if Bernie was a middle of-the-road centrist Democrat in every other respect, there’s no possible way his record on race would stand out as particularly bad or even right-wing at all by the standards of the rest of the Dem caucus

of course he has problems and should be expected to do better (if he didn’t, he wouldn’t be vulnerable to this dumb narrative), but somehow I don’t think the RACIST BERNIE RACISTLY IGNORES POC crowd painting him as some reincarnation of the Dixiecrats is arguing in good faith

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Der Waffle Mous posted:

That actually does seem to be the repeated pattern though

He's an old dude with some bad habits but when called out he generally corrects, so keep calling him out but also have faith in him to correct

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Yeah I never got this at all. His response to BLM protesting at his rally was to let them speak and then hire them onto his campaign. Clinton's was to do nothing but make pandering speeches.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

kidkissinger posted:

Yeah I never got this at all. His response to BLM protesting at his rally was to let them speak and then hire them onto his campaign. Clinton's was to do nothing but make pandering speeches.

Initiallly the media confused "Hillary has higher name recognition among black voters" for "Bernie has a black problem" and the narrative has stuck without much if any real basis.

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

rudatron posted:

Clinton owned slaves.

What's this now?

kidkissinger posted:

I recall seeing something that they weren't really affiliated with BLM and were actually performance artists or something, any truth to that?

Also please don't imply he hired the people that blew up the event he was attending. He met with Symone Sanders a few days later and hired her on the spot (after a 30 minute interview stretched out to several hours).

Corsair Pool Boy fucked around with this message at 14:08 on Jun 25, 2018

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

Corsair Pool Boy posted:

What's this now?

Arizona governors mansion is maintained by convict labor.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Corsair Pool Boy posted:

What's this now?

tldr Arkansas governor's mansion used prison labor for "the help" and Hillary wrote some straight-up phrenology poo poo to justify it

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Not just that: she regarded the inmates serving her, mostly black, of lacking 'emotional intelligence'

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

Oh Snapple! posted:

tldr Arkansas governor's mansion used prison labor for "the help" and Hillary wrote some straight-up phrenology poo poo to justify it

rudatron posted:

Not just that: she regarded the inmates serving her, mostly black, of lacking 'emotional intelligence'

Jesus. Did that come out recently or did I somehow just manage to not hear that during 2016?

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Corsair Pool Boy posted:

What's this now?

the arkansas governor's mansion was staffed by convict labor. hillary found that the ones with the most helpless situations (those who had been convicted to life in prison, etc) were the most obsequious and best servants, so she specifically selected for them. she also wondered why the prisoners, which seemed very much like normal people to her, had committed the crimes that had ruined their life. she eventually blamed it on their low emotional IQ.

Corsair Pool Boy posted:

Jesus. Did that come out recently or did I somehow just manage to not hear that during 2016?

oddly enough, it was in one of her books, "It takes a village", but no-one noticed until after 2016

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Corsair Pool Boy posted:

it actually ended up being in a fairly old book she'd written, it's just that no one who cares about issues of prison labor gives a single solitary poo poo what hillary clinton thinks so it ended up being new information when someone who does care actually looked at her book and went "wait what the gently caress"

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Basically everything against Bernie was a corporate hit-job. They manufactured accusations to tarnish him, because corporate dems feared losing rich donor money. Class warfare concealed with the glove of Wokeness. Mean stuff.

Corsair Pool Boy posted:

She wrote it in one of her books, but since nobody reads those things, it went unnoticed until after the primary was finished.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

rudatron posted:

Basically everything against Bernie was a corporate hit-job. They manufactured accusations to tarnish him, because corporate dems feared losing rich donor money. Class warfare concealed with the glove of Wokeness. Mean stuff.

She wrote it in one of her books, but since nobody reads those things, it went unnoticed until after the primary was finished.

It's a moot point anyway. Her target demographic would have no problem with it.

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

Oh Snapple! posted:

it actually ended up being in a fairly old book she'd written, it's just that no one who cares about issues of prison labor gives a single solitary poo poo what hillary clinton thinks so it ended up being new information when someone who does care actually looked at her book and went "wait what the gently caress"

That just bugs me even more that I basically had to vote for her in November.

I swear, the more I hear about the party and people in it the more I despair of things ever changing from the inside, yet I'd still vote for her in Trump vs. Hillary 2: Electoral Boogaloo because jesus gently caress Trump is bad. We are reaching a point in international relations where even if he loses in 2020 the winner may not be able to repair the damage and tattered relationships he is deliberately shredding.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

kidkissinger posted:

The BLM activist was actually already planned to be announced and introduced at that same rally, funnily enough. He was interrupted during the pre-rally, and politely gave them the podium which they.....really did not expect.

You can see it in the video; the two women start shouting at him expecting to be pulled away, and he instead steps down and they have a moment of confusion.

Der Waffle Mous posted:

I'm sure Bernie will improve his opinions when someone sits him down and tells him why this is bad. Like that time BLM reps had to tell him not all drug dealers were black people.

I have no idea which incident this refers to at all

90s Rememberer
Nov 30, 2017

by R. Guyovich
it doesn't refer to an incident that exists outside of Der Waffle Mouse's broken brain

it'd be one thing if you just refused to vote Dem on the count that they are all racist. I can get down. but the second you start stanning for Clinton and lobbing racism accusations at Bernie you've lost me. in any world where Bernie "has a problem with race" Hillary Clinton is an unelectable slaveowner. you can't have one without the other

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

rudatron posted:

Haha that's the wokest phrenology.

After carefully measuring the skulls our convicts, we can establish that they are lacking emotional intellgence, grit, and a 'can-do' attitude of ownership.

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War

Neurolimal posted:

The BLM activist was actually already planned to be announced and introduced at that same rally, funnily enough. He was interrupted during the pre-rally, and politely gave them the podium which they.....really did not expect.

You can see it in the video; the two women start shouting at him expecting to be pulled away, and he instead steps down and they have a moment of confusion.

I have no idea which incident this refers to at all

It refers to this in which Bernie asks “arent most of the people who sell drugs African American?”

https://www.buzzfeed.com/rubycramer/bernie-sanders-revolution-needs-black-voters-to-win-but-can?utm_term=.wq2mOxwO3#.av6Oo2RoA

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I'm sure I don't need to remind people of the time HRC was interrupted by a BLM protester and responded by saying "can I talk? Can I talk? Can I talk?" over and over until security showed up and dragged the protester away and then said "Okay, back to the issues heh heh" and continued as though nothing had ever happened

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Yeah, well, this isn't a debate about Hillary.

Also still relying on the same campaign event as a fall back for Sanders' credentials in 2018 is not particularly convincing, it was an admirable response by him, but the campaign is over now, and the focus should be on substantial issues, on policy stances in the run up to the next campaign, not on relitigating the past and playing campaign events as cards in the blame game.

steinrokkan fucked around with this message at 15:01 on Jun 25, 2018

• Locked thread