Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

I am a grumpy old man with whiskey and a firepit.

Also I mowed my lawn today but I'm leaving big-rear end patches of clover on my lawn for the bees. Eat me, any neighbors who might care about my ugly lawn.

Quiet Feet has a new favorite as of 04:37 on Jun 24, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Was wearing a flannel shirt in a tropical country the best idea? Probably not. But I'll be damned if I can't wear my favourite shirt when I'm at home :colbert:

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Ibblebibble posted:

Was wearing a flannel shirt in a tropical country the best idea? Probably not. But I'll be damned if I can't wear my favourite shirt when I'm at home :colbert:

Flannel4lyfe

Chillbro Baggins
Oct 8, 2004
Bad Angus! Bad!

JEEVES420 posted:

Spread mint seeds throughout your yard for nice refreshing minty smell when you cut the grass. Keep some in a place you don't cut for fresh mojitos when your done.

Plant a single mint sprig in a pot, same effect. poo poo's worse than kudzu. One time somebody in DIY posted "oh no, I think I killed my mint plant," and the general consensus was "no, you just made it angry."

2/3rds of my "nice" shirts (the ones I wear to work) are flannel. And I'm in fuckin' Texas. In summer. It gets above 42 degrees science here.

108F wouldn't be that bad in a sun-blasted hellscape like, say, Nevada, but it's humid as gently caress here amongst the pine trees.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Chillbro Baggins posted:

42 degrees science

I am absolutely going to use this terminology from now on, with apologies to Anders Celsius.

FreshFeesh
Jun 3, 2007

Drum Solo
I may have overdone it in the pool today; sun was a lot more brutal than I expected.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Oh poo poo, I know how bad that hurts :ohdear:

Chillbro Baggins
Oct 8, 2004
Bad Angus! Bad!

Picnic Princess posted:

Oh poo poo, I know how bad that hurts :ohdear:

I have polo shirts with a stripe on them fron the camera strap blocking them from being sun-bleached. So ditto.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I had a pretty bad back sunburn in South Africa when I forgot that I was the wrong sort of Asian to be able to forgo sunscreen in the pool.

The next few days of fieldwork were agony, but thankfully it healed up before the bus ride back to Cape Town.

Teagan
Sep 20, 2002

Out here, everything hurts.

FreshFeesh posted:

I may have overdone it in the pool today; sun was a lot more brutal than I expected.

ow! I hope that you don't peel too badly!

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Got up at 4:30AM for Seattle Pride!

Scathach has a new favorite as of 13:51 on Jun 24, 2018

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Be safe!

Mocking Bird
Aug 17, 2011

Scathach posted:

Oh my gosh I didn't realize you were pint sized :3:

Gravid Topiary
Feb 16, 2012

I'm judging admiring you all like the Filipino Street Art creature I actually am:

Schmeichy
Apr 22, 2007

2spooky4u

Smellrose
Starting a new job today.

Not terrible for doing my makeup on the train :)

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Schmeichy posted:

I miss taking the train to work. Good luck with the new job!

Teagan
Sep 20, 2002

Schmeichy posted:

You look absolutely lovely! I adore your deep blue polka dot shirt, and your natural hair and waves! Also, amazing train makeup! Congratulations on the new job, and I hope it was a good day!

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Schmeichy posted:

Looking extremely good! Bet you aced day 1!

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Mocking Bird posted:

Oh my gosh I didn't realize you were pint sized :3:

hahaha I was gonna say this same thing!

go get 'em! You too Schmeichy :cool: you both look fab!

Schmeichy
Apr 22, 2007

2spooky4u

Smellrose
Thanks! It was a good first day, my boss got us sushi for lunch. The picture doesn't really show how terrible my haircut is though. I went to someone who didn't know what to do with my hair (not unusual), and I've got a case of pyramid head.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Scathach posted:

10/10 crew.

Edit:

I'm reminded why I rarely go clean shaven now. Shaved yesterday morning and I already have stubble that's rougher than sandpaper.

Vargatron has a new favorite as of 17:28 on Jun 26, 2018

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Honestly I didn't realize I was pint-sized until you guys mentioned it. I'm like 5'9ish/150, we have some big farm guys.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Scathach posted:

Honestly I didn't realize I was pint-sized until you guys mentioned it. I'm like 5'9ish/150, we have some big farm guys.

Oh wow that dude is like over 7 then? hah

Horsey McHorseface
Jun 5, 2017

From waaaaay back because I had to catch up on like 200 pages, but yep, after thorough verification, you goons are still beautiful and wonderful people and all your pets are pro-tier pets so please give them all a round of scritches in their area of choice from me.

Teagan, I'm sorry you're having health issues again, I hope they kindly gently caress off soon.
All other goons, please stay safe, happy and healthy. :)

I might be a bit late to the party, but please accept a picture of the newest addition to my cat collection: Baphomet

He's sweet (not as sin, but pretty close), cuddly and fat.

Also, there's me. Haircut and all.

(lovely quality because my mum has commandeered my Canon so I'm left with lovely phone and laptop cameras.)
Thanks for keeping this thread a chill zone. It's really nice to see so many happy people ITT :)

FreshFeesh
Jun 3, 2007

Drum Solo

:3: Wanna pet that catte

This really is one of the most positive threads on the forums, that's for sure!

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Scathach posted:

Taller than me. I'm 5'7

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
New phone, back in contacts, and sick with swollen lymph nodes.

Yay. Probably got it day before yesterday when I saw Incredibles 2 in theater with a million children in every seat around me. Worth it, though, because they had my favorite candy in stock: gay bacon airheads x-treme bites.

E: heightchat 5'10" in moon units.

Queen_Combat has a new favorite as of 09:17 on Jun 27, 2018

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Picnic Princess posted:

Taller than me. I'm 5'7

I'm 169cm, which I've been told is 5"6.5' Whoo Asian genes

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost
Heights? Cool. 6'2 checking in. 1.8796m for you commie bastards that don't use the imperial system

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

In my heels I'm 6'5", you hobbits.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Six-Of-Hearts posted:

In my heels I'm 6'5", you hobbits.

:swoon:

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

6'3" checking in. My wife is 6'1" and likes to wear heels as often as possible so she's taller than me. :3:

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
everyone big :smithfrog:

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

all these tall people itt :argh:

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

From a few years ago, but this is me and my wife with our friend, who is 5'0" or 5'1".

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord

Vargatron posted:

all these tall people itt :argh:

Seriously. 5'8 goon checking in.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

COOL CORN posted:

Seriously. 5'8 goon checking in.

Same

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

5'9" checking in. Probably 5'8" depending on shoes.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

testtubebaby has a new favorite as of 03:35 on Feb 9, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teagan
Sep 20, 2002

5'8 ! Wooooo! I used to feel like I was exceptionally tall, but I think that I am on the short side of things, now.