Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Your Computer posted:

I wonder how often stuff like this happens. Some of the streamers I occasionally watch have regulars who will donate several hundred dollars per stream like clockwork and I always wonder if they're just extremely rich and don't mind or if it's this kind of entitled creep.

Not to discount the possibility that there are a bunch of sad dudes with too much money on the internet (because we don't tax the rich enough), but it could be some weird manifestation of a findom kink that the "dom" in this case may be unaware of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solar Tornado
Aug 9, 2016

A true fool keeps on fighting, even when there is no more glory to be gained

burexas.irom posted:

So yesterday I rewatched "The Good Lie", a movie about the Lost boys of Sudan adapting to life in the US, performed by actors who are refugees and former child soldiers themselves. I recommend it. So, naturally I wanted to see what the nuanced critics at imdb.com think about it.

Mods change my name to White Dildocrat, tia

Maximum Sexy Pigeon
Jun 5, 2008

We must never speak of this!

Blair Cottrell: Hard-right wing serial pest and racist antagonist, wants Hitler in Australian classrooms.

CMFEU: The Construction, Forestry, Maritime, Mining and Energy Union is Australia's main trade union in construction, forestry, maritime, mining, energy, textile, clothing and footwear production.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Skwirl posted:

IDGI, where's the idiot?

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer
I was reading an article about race and environmentalism and fell in love with this comment:

Not so much the content as the avatar. "Allow me, a wealthy white person on a horse, to tell you about income inequality in America".

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

quote:

In my opinion, I think the problem is so huge these days due to a Marxist indoctrination of our children in school and the media and the aging hippies of the 60’s. Karl Marx wanted to destroy the family structure of mother and father and replace it with the state. ‘Blame your parents for your problems and then hate them’. The consequences to this is the next generation is learning to treat their parents like that.

Yes, your child doesn't want a relationship with you because Marxism.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
Why would Marx do this?

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
Whenever I walk into my kids school it’s nothing but “Marx this” and “Marx that”. Frankly he’s all they ever talk about.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Scratch Monkey posted:

Whenever I walk into my kids school it’s nothing but “Marx this” and “Marx that”. Frankly he’s all they ever talk about.

It's always "Marxia, Marxia, Marxia!"

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Its true that if we implemented Marxism all men would be forced to marry a woman who says she was once a man and then we'd be forced to adopt a black fetus to abort.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

burexas.irom posted:

So yesterday I rewatched "The Good Lie", a movie about the Lost boys of Sudan adapting to life in the US, performed by actors who are refugees and former child soldiers themselves. I recommend it. So, naturally I wanted to see what the nuanced critics at imdb.com think about it.

People who escaped a war-torn hellhole where they were forced to act as child soldiers: human garbage, according to this morally bankrupt piece of poo poo. Holy gently caress.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer
I'll never forget the semester that I got the highest Marx in my class, I was so proud.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Bertrand Hustle posted:

People who escaped a war-torn hellhole where they were forced to act as child soldiers: human garbage, according to this morally bankrupt piece of poo poo. Holy gently caress.

Should’ve just pulled themselves up by their child soldier bootstraps, none of this namby-pamby empathy poo poo

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK
I got marxed down on a test for writing the hilarious answer "religion is the opiate of the asses".

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

"Have you read Marx?" "Yeah, I think it's these wicker chairs."

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.

Trig Discipline posted:

I'll never forget the semester that I got the highest Marx in my class, I was so proud.

Lucky you. Whenever I get asked about my Marx, I'm too busy Stalin to reveal my shame.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
The replies to this are the biggest well of stupidity I’ve seen on twitter in 2018
https://twitter.com/redhendc/status/1010529207036891136?s=21

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Oh my god that place's social media manager (i.e. owner) is having the dumbest day of their life

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Henchman of Santa posted:

The replies to this are the biggest well of stupidity I’ve seen on twitter in 2018

My favorite one so far is

https://twitter.com/RedHenDC/status/1010903671541035008

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

This is actually a shockingly good balance between "You should call out the other Red Hen!" and the account responding with the definition of unaffiliated and people asking whether they'd refuse Shucks and the account responding that they can't because it's a federal district, and neither group seems to be able to grasp either point. It's very fun.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://twitter.com/RedHenDC/status/1010882578927243269

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Trig Discipline posted:

I wish I could draw so I could illustrate the mental image of an overjoyed little Trig Discipline being awarded a bearded philosopher stoned off his tits (or whatever phrase the kids are using these days).

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
Goddamn that's hilarious.

dexter6
Sep 22, 2003
There are a lot of people saying they either WILL or WILL NOT visit the Red Hen (in DC) because they AGREE or DISAGREE with how Red Hen (in Lexington) treated her.

I, on the other hand, want to visit Red Hen (DC) and shake hands with their social media manager.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Speaking of

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1011212766487728133?s=19

This continues to be cool and good.

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

E:wrong page.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

SpacePig posted:

This is actually a shockingly good balance between "You should call out the other Red Hen!" and the account responding with the definition of unaffiliated and people asking whether they'd refuse Shucks and the account responding that they can't because it's a federal district, and neither group seems to be able to grasp either point. It's very fun.

There are a couple people in that thread who are interpreting that account's "it's illegal in DC to refuse service based on political affiliation" tweets as also meaning "but we totally would if we could" and are talking about it like it's incredibly obvious that that's what they said.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Donald J Trump, the president of the United States of America

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Your Computer posted:

:gonk:
I wonder how often stuff like this happens. Some of the streamers I occasionally watch have regulars who will donate several hundred dollars per stream like clockwork and I always wonder if they're just extremely rich and don't mind or if it's this kind of entitled creep.

I think a good chunk of them are just rich and/or terrible with money. I've seen streams by obviously married dudes get decent amounts of cash.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

King of Foolians posted:

To add even more idiocy the business owner who kicked out Sarah Sanders is in fact also a woman so the claim that kicking her out is discrimination to women is even more laughable.

ah yes women the group who have a hive mind and defiantly dont hate other women and cant be misogynist. I hear humans cant be misanthrops to.

I would of kicked sarah huckabee out before she even sat down

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

There's a national canadian chain of hardware/home/automotive stores called Canadian Tire. The aisle with all the novelty car fresheners, naked-lady mudflaps, bumper stickers, oversized rear-view mirror attachments, and various dash tchotchkes used to be unofficially know as the "Newfie Aisle".

sounds like the albertan aisle.

snergle has a new favorite as of 17:05 on Jun 25, 2018

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://twitter.com/Sergio_Septum/status/1011257907063730176

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

I guess that's how he became such an expert on dirty restaurants.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

bessantj posted:

Its true that if we implemented Marxism all men would be forced to marry a woman who says she was once a man and then we'd be forced to adopt a black fetus to abort.

Living the dream.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
That's a penis.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

hawowanlawow posted:

Donald J Trump, the president of the United States of America

Haha your president is bad and dumb

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

https://twitter.com/dril/status/831805955402776576

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Volcott posted:

That's a penis.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
Quote/avatar combo right there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
https://twitter.com/bestofnextdoor/status/1011294810039246849