Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

Could I request a guild invite? @ug8one6

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

sluggo is mad posted:

invite sent, let us know to make sure you got it

Got it, thank you!

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

Thank you for the invite.

Also today I learned my newb loot doesn't scale up when I trade with people.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Keep your mind be open window everyday
Need an invite to the goon guild. @LastGoodBoy

BurgerQuest
Mar 17, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Not sure if I got an invite from Discord, posting here to be safe. @nullpointer2k

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

JackBadass posted:

Need an invite to the goon guild. @LastGoodBoy

Did you quit to make space or get kicked out or something? :confused:

Invites sent to both of you.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Keep your mind be open window everyday

Coldforge posted:

Didn't get one. I think I got caught in the inactive purge on accident.

E: Got it now, thanks

LastGoodBoy fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Jun 25, 2018

BurgerQuest
Mar 17, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Coldforge posted:

Thanks!

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan
Just a random observation, but I don't think I've ever played an MMO where the botters are so obvious.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
I have never reported and subsequently followed a group long term to find out/check but almighty wisdom of zone chat says Zenimax doesn't care and doesn't do anything.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan
Last dude I reported had been running back and forth against a wall for 20+ minutes during Dolmen runs. Guess his bot hosed up. After I reported him, I kept playing for a bit and he was still running back and forth when I logged off.

Beefeater
May 17, 2003

I'm hungry.
Hair Elf
If they get enough complaints about bots in a particular area they tend to be purged en masse. Another group eventually returns to that spot or one slightly adjacent to it and the cycle begins anew.

But yeah, action on bot accounts seems largely erratic and sparse otherwise.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
Always report bots, because they're not people.

They're foreigners.

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

oh come on was that really necessary
all over my fine carpet!!
Whoah, dude, whoah. Whoah.

But yeah, please never don't report obvious bots.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Which controller is better for eso, Xbox or the steam controller? I’ve never tried a controller and just noticed the steam controller is on sale now.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Steam controller isn't good for anything.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

It's showing Morrowind as ESO Plus unlocked, but I thought it still needed a separate purchase?

Also, send @Eltoasto an invite pls.

Richlove
Jul 24, 2009

Paragon of primary care

"What?!?! You stuck that WHERE?!?!

:staredog:

I hit CP160 tonight on my magplar. Thanks Aramek for crafting me a set of badass clockwork styled armor! :black101:

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
Does anyone know if there are any craftable sets that aren't garbage? The ones I've seen are pretty underwhelming.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Starshark posted:

Does anyone know if there are any craftable sets that aren't garbage? The ones I've seen are pretty underwhelming.

There's some pretty good ones. Have a look through the list:

http://eso-sets.com/sets/type/craftable

Lets Get Patchy
Aug 8, 2006
I just started playing today and I really have no idea what I'm doing but I'm having fun. Figure I'll just follow the magplar guide for now.

Please invite @LETSGETPATCHY

Lima
Jun 17, 2012

Starshark posted:

Julianos for clothies and Hundings/Nightmothers for leatheries are really good.
Twice Born Star should also still be pretty good?

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
Ooh, twice born star actually looks not bad.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Twice-Born Star is a pretty niche and outdated set tbh. Again, it depends on the type of content and what your role is.

Generably reliable crafted sets include:
  • Law of Julianos - Magicka based DPS
  • Hunding's Rage - Stamina based DPS
  • Hist Bark - Pretty decent newbie tank set
  • Torug's Pact - Tanking; Along with an Infused-traited weapon it provides a lot of Spell and Physical penetration for your DPS
  • Armor of the Seducer - General use magicka set
  • Kagrenac's Hope - Great if you want faster resurrections on your allies
  • Shacklebreaker - Pretty standard PvP set, gives quite a bit to your off-stat (Mag or Stam) along with some nice bonuses

Al Goreban Dallas
Dec 9, 2017

Looking for a guild invite @hrd_cidr.

Beefeater
May 17, 2003

I'm hungry.
Hair Elf

Scyantific posted:

Twice-Born Star is a pretty niche and outdated set tbh. Again, it depends on the type of content and what your role is.

Generably reliable crafted sets include:
  • Law of Julianos - Magicka based DPS
  • Hunding's Rage - Stamina based DPS
  • Hist Bark - Pretty decent newbie tank set
  • Torug's Pact - Tanking; Along with an Infused-traited weapon it provides a lot of Spell and Physical penetration for your DPS
  • Armor of the Seducer - General use magicka set
  • Kagrenac's Hope - Great if you want faster resurrections on your allies
  • Shacklebreaker - Pretty standard PvP set, gives quite a bit to your off-stat (Mag or Stam) along with some nice bonuses

I really like Kagrenac's on my Warden healer. Magicka, magicka recovery, spell damage, fast resurrection and a nice health bonus. Can't go wrong! I used to run it long ago on my Templar Paladin tank thing too.

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

Oh, what? So now I suppose you're just going to sit there and pout?
Is there a known stat priority that should be followed other than stack your primary? Just now getting into end game, I have a lot of trouble determining what makes a good set vs a bad one and how to best syngergize 2 fulls sets + a 2 piece, or some other combination.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
They should really update Twice-Born Star. Instead of two mundus stones, it should allow the use of two non-combat pets.

Zones with the crafting stations would crash from over-pop.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

What’s a good, mid level house to buy eventually?

Also, are there any good guides out there for making money? I don’t need to be a WoW style AH baron but I’d like to eventually make enough to buy a nice house.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
I still need someone to fully explain penetration to me. How much do you actually need? How much is too much? How much should come from your equipment vs your CP? I've gotten pretty good about optimizing my other stats, but this remains a mystery to me.

omg chael crash posted:

What’s a good, mid level house to buy eventually?

It really depends on what you're looking for. My favorite general purpose mid-size house is Domus Phrasticus (two floors, a sizable courtyard), but it's not available for purchase unless you have the Imperial upgrade. Sleek Creek House (right outside one of the most conveniently laid-out cities in the game) and Twin Arches (Redguard architecture and a nice layout for a relatively small price) are other first houses I'd strongly consider.

As for making money, I'll just quote myself from a few weeks ago:

Rollersnake posted:

#1 lucrative thing you can do in the early game is steal. The ships in Daggerfall are probably the single best stealing spot as there are no NPCs to spot you, and you're right by an outlaw's refuge. Haggling (Thieves' Guild skill line) increases the amount of money you get from fencing stolen goods (up to 10%) and Trafficker (Legerdemain skill line) increases the number of fence transactions you can have per day—just one skill point increases this from 50 to 110.

https://us.tamrieltradecentre.com/pc/Trade
Join a trading guild if you haven't already, look up what stuff is going for here, and price your stuff competitively. The biggest trading guilds have membership fees and/or sales quotas and it is not really worth it unless you like playing a game that feels like a second job. Try to get into Scheming Skeever Imports or (sigh) Kitty Rainbow Dash when they have vacancies, and I'm sure there are other good ones if you ask around. Divine Design Alliance (awesome housing guild with weekly contests and stuff) has a guild trader for at least a week or two every month, and they're easy to get into.

The biggest moneymakers I've found are:

1. Purple jewelry from popular sets like Necropotence or Silks of the Sun. I anticipate all jewelry prices to tank soon because of jewelry crafting, though.

2. Master writs. Not worth as much as they used to be, but you can still get like 750-1000 gold per voucher depending upon how difficult they are to make.

3. Purple furniture plans. You can get a random one for 25 master writ vouchers, and I've sold some of the Redguard ones for over 100,000 apiece. The most consistently valuable ones are the exclusive ones from the DLC areas, and there are a couple of tombs full or urns in Vvardenfell that are particularly good for looting. The urns will be empty if you try to do this more than once every half hour or so.
* Dreloth Ancestral Tomb: SSW from the Sadrith Mora wayshrine. Take the Ancestral Adversity quest, but don't complete it by talking to Elfbetta outside at the end (you can only enter the last room of the tomb while you have the quest). This is a good place to park an alt.
* Hleran Ancestral Tomb: NW of the Ald'ruhn wayshrine. Not marked on the map. The ghosts are no longer hostile after you finish the Ancestral Ties quest.

4. Rare motifs. Prices dropped because of the anniversary event, but they're on the rise again. The more difficult they are to acquire, the more valuable they are. So the ones from the DLC dungeons or the ones you apparently have to pickpocket in Vvardenfell are worth the most.

Jewelry prices haven't gone down nearly as much as I expected yet (jewelry crafting is kind of a pain in the rear end, and the upgrading materials are more scarce and expensive than for any other craft), and the Direnni Acropolis is probably the best place to try to farm Summerset furniture plans (though I've had lovely luck).

Rollersnake fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Jun 28, 2018

rio
Mar 20, 2008

Hey guys, I haven’t played since before wardens but came back tonight to check out some new poo poo I missed. If the goon guild(s) is/are still up, could someone throw me an invite? My userid is blitzstrahl

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

im going to hit cp160 soon. any sets i should be looking for to gear up an orc stamina templar? im using all medium armor right now but im getting kinda wrecked sometimes by having only 14k hp. would throwing on 2 heavy pieces help at all?

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

It would help! Chest/legs seems to be the most popular, rest medium.

Imo get Hunding's chest, legs, hands, boots, belt, and then Night Mother's Gaze helm, shoulders, and weapons. That's some of the absolute best starter stamina gear, easy to make, and will last you a long time/forever as you farm the specific sets you want.

Hit me up in game and we'll see the materials.

We'll also make you a pile of food and that's a few thousand more HP and stamina.

Beefeater
May 17, 2003

I'm hungry.
Hair Elf

Rollersnake posted:

I still need someone to fully explain penetration to me. How much do you actually need? How much is too much? How much should come from your equipment vs your CP? I've gotten pretty good about optimizing my other stats, but this remains a mystery to me.

The amount of individual penetration you should stack is directly related to the content you run and your overall skill level. Pugging vs running in an organized dungeon or trial group affects it, along with how proficient you are at your rotation and such. In an imperfect group or skill scenario, penetration makes a huge difference in DPS. The overall rule of thumb is basically: pugging = stack more penetration, organized group = stack less penetration.

The penetration cap on vet dungeon and trial bosses is 18200. While getting right to the cap isn't absolutely necessary if all you're doing is pugging dungeons and the like, you still want an ample amount to get you in the ballpark since you're unlikely to get much (if any) additional penetration from your groupmates. In a trials scenario you definitely want to be very near or at the cap, but getting there is more of a group effort (having a Templar running PotL, the tank running Torug's and Alkosh, etc).

That said, when figuring out your penetration you need to account for those additional sources in a group scenario. For example:

* On my stamina Nightblade I'm currently running the Lover stone since I'm not using any gear that adds penetration. All of my armor is of the Divines trait, increasing the amount of penetration the mundus stone is giving. I also sunk some CP into piercing to shore it up, putting my "all the time" penetration at 7062.
* Surprise Attack provides Major Fracture, thus boosting it by 5280, putting the total at 12342. (Even if you don't have a source of Major Fracture you can pretty much always count on having it since nearly every tank runs Pierce Armor as their taunt)

This setup is fine for any pugging I do. I anticipate in any pug dungeon groups I'm in that I won't be getting any additional penetration from my groupmates. However, I also regularly run with a tank who equips Alkosh (3010), Torug's Pact and Crusher enchantments on his weapons (2741). This puts my overall penetration at 18093 when I'm grouped up with him.

LASER BEAM DREAM posted:

Is there a known stat priority that should be followed other than stack your primary? Just now getting into end game, I have a lot of trouble determining what makes a good set vs a bad one and how to best syngergize 2 fulls sets + a 2 piece, or some other combination.

It really depends on your build (stamina/magicka, class, etc) and whether you're doing PvE or PvP primarily.

Beefeater fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Jun 28, 2018

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

I don't even understand penetration.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Aramek posted:

I don't even understand penetration.

Sometimes, when two adults love each other very much,

Generally speaking, penetration is just a damage debuff. If you are penetrating 100%, 18,200 in the case of trials and vet content, you will do 100% of your potential damage. If you are only getting to 80% pen, you will only do 80% of your potential damage. That's not exactly it, but gives a good idea how it all works.

somethingawful bf fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Jun 28, 2018

Beefeater
May 17, 2003

I'm hungry.
Hair Elf
The 18200 number is basically a mob's armor amount. The closer you are to the penetration cap, the more of that "armor" your attacks ignore.

Of course, overland monsters and trash mobs in dungeons have a much lower armor amount.

Primetime
Jul 3, 2009

Beefeater posted:

The 18200 number is basically a mob's armor amount. The closer you are to the penetration cap, the more of that "armor" your attacks ignore.

Of course, overland monsters and trash mobs in dungeons have a much lower armor amount.

Is there negative armor in this game? I.e. if I have 10k pen and the enemy has 5k armor do I do,say, 120% damage? Or in that case do I just waste 5k of penetration stats

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Primetime posted:

Is there negative armor in this game? I.e. if I have 10k pen and the enemy has 5k armor do I do,say, 120% damage? Or in that case do I just waste 5k of penetration stats

Over penetration is just wasted dps unfortunately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trem
Sep 17, 2009

Aramek posted:

It would help! Chest/legs seems to be the most popular, rest medium.

Imo get Hunding's chest, legs, hands, boots, belt, and then Night Mother's Gaze helm, shoulders, and weapons. That's some of the absolute best starter stamina gear, easy to make, and will last you a long time/forever as you farm the specific sets you want.

Hit me up in game and we'll see the materials.

We'll also make you a pile of food and that's a few thousand more HP and stamina.

2 questions:

A) Would that same gear work for a stamdk?
2) Could I get in on that?

Currently CP130, should be 160 within the next week or so.