Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MysteryNad
Dec 5, 2003

Here in my guard
I feel safest of all
I can lock up my guard
It's the only way to fight
In guard

cisneros posted:

that was the Rumble - Charlie Brenneman fight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Rumble's been in a lot of the non-Japan size-disparity travesties. I will never forget the look of abject terror on Yoshiyuki Yoshida's face before Rumble splattered the contents of his skull all over the place. :ohdear:

I'm surprised he actually stayed retired given the state of LHW. The UFC should offer him a boatload of money to come back. If nothing else, his fights are a spectacle.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb

Wise Learned Man posted:

Rumble's been in a lot of the non-Japan size-disparity travesties. I will never forget the look of abject terror on Yoshiyuki Yoshida's face before Rumble splattered the contents of his skull all over the place. :ohdear:

I'm surprised he actually stayed retired given the state of LHW. The UFC should offer him a boatload of money to come back. If nothing else, his fights are a spectacle.

Did he ever reveal what his new business venture was?

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

Captain Log posted:

I thought it was something in the weed biz, but I'm not sure if that was a rumor or what.

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Captain Log posted:

Yes, but i'm concerned about bringing that discussion into another thread. He's growing weed.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
B-League MMA: Not Another Weed Thread

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb

Wise Learned Man posted:

Yes, but i'm concerned about bringing that discussion into another thread. He's growing weed.

A very, very, very smart man. Everyone should do that. It's going to be a modern day gold rush! Er, Green Rush!

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
For serioustalk, my wife and I have a complete plan drawn up for opening a dispensary if they legalise it in Australia. I've already sent out tentative feelers to suppliers in the US who are more than willing to airfreight us supply while the local growers get their operations off the ground.

Matt Lindland
Feb 10, 2018

SHUT THE FUCK UP KEVEN

ALSO GJ BUYING A NEW ACCOUNT LIKE A GODDAMN COWARD
YOU USELESS WHITE NOISE POSTER

YOU WILL NOT ESCAPE THE BOLF RAMSHIELD YOU SO RICHLY DESERVE

now with professional animation
They legalized where I live (lived, I guess) 2 years ago and it's insane how fast they spring up... Kind of risky business (one got fined out of existence a few months ago cause their edibles didn't have accurate measurements) but it's good money and the demand exists for sure....

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb
If my health was on point, I'd have opened one in Oregon a year ago. There is no reason to let this rush pass you buy if you have something to invest. Good on Rumble.

:Thinks of Dennis Rodman "WEEDCOIN" shirt: I think...

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
There might be good reason to let it pass since there is mounting evidence major corporations are starting to push out the small businesses.

MysteryNad
Dec 5, 2003

Here in my guard
I feel safest of all
I can lock up my guard
In guard
https://mmafighting.com/2018/6/26/17505834/bellator-announces-broadcast-deal-with-streaming-service-dazn

quote:

Bellator MMA’s tape-delayed nightmare is no more.

The promotion has agreed to terms on a new five-year, “nine-figure” distribution deal with online streaming service DAZN, Bellator officials announced Tuesday at a press conference at Viacom’s New York headquarters.

The partnership will see Bellator air seven events per year exclusively on DAZN, plus an additional 15 events that will be simulcast in the United States on both Paramount Network and DAZN. Events that air via tape delay on Paramount Network will nonetheless be streamed live on DAZN.

“This exciting new partnership with DAZN is a game-changer for Bellator,” Bellator President Scott Coker stated in a press release. “The investment will enable us to continue expanding our roster with free agents that make sense so we can put on pay-per-view-worthy fight cards that fans will want to see. Plus, on DAZN’s worldwide platform, our fights will be seen live for the first time to new audiences around the globe.”

The deal is slated to launch with the September 29 event in San Jose that features a champion vs. champion superfight between Gegard Mousasi and Rory MacDonald, a fourth match between MMA legends Wanderlei Silva and Quinton Jackson, plus the start of Bellator’s upcoming welterweight grand prix. That event will air exclusively on DAZN.

DAZN’s deal with Bellator follows a similar partnership the Perform Group-owned streaming service inked last month with Eddie Hearn’s Matchroom Boxing promotion worth a reported $1 billion over eight years. That deal will see DAZN stream 32 boxing cards per year on its platform, and combined with the Bellator partnership, DAZN could soon become a viable new player in the combat sports space.

“From launch, you’re going to have access to a premium, prime boxing fight night or a premium, prime MMA fight every single week of the year,” DAZN CEO James Rushton said Tuesday in New York. “I think it’s fair to say, from launch, DAZN will be a must-have for combat fight fans, and we’re excited. We take on that challenge of disrupting a market, of disrupting an industry, of disrupting and helping grow a sport."

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
The secret to huge rights fees are having your ratings plummet. WWE, UFC, now Bellator.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

twitter told me that DAZN is pronounced like P'zone and I won't be told otherwise.

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
I didn't even know Wandy/Rampage IV was in the cards. :effort:

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm not necessarily proud of this but I'm gonna leave it here anyways.

Wise Learned Man posted:

I didn't even know Wandy/Rampage IV was in the cards. :effort:

El Roncho posted:

Bellator continues their unwanted rematch series in September with Wanderlei Silva/Rampage Jackson 4.

:toot:

NO ONE LISTENS! GOD!

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Rampage and Wanderlei are fighting again?!?? Who asked for this?

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
You see, the joke is that I'm so bored by the matchup that I keep forgetting that I heard about it

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
https://twitter.com/arielhelwani/status/1011616298273509381

My eyes rolled so hard when I read that I think I can see through time.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That is some Gary Shaw level of dumb marketing for a brand.

MysteryNad
Dec 5, 2003

Here in my guard
I feel safest of all
I can lock up my guard
In guard
$20/month to watch Scott Cokers Tape Delayed Bellator LIVE on Days Inn

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
you can catch me in da zone, fight card full of scrubs,

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Coker learned something from Strikeforce! Bellator's love of hasbeen freakshow fights might actually carry that dumb network enough that if they lose the Paramount slot(doubtful) he'll have a place to keep Bellator visible.

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me
da mothafuckin fight z0ne

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

it's hard to tell exactly how good this is because of the lack of specific numbers, but it seems like a good move for Bellator and a really awful move by some rich guys that own this streaming service. Imagine paying 1 billion over 8 years for boxing??

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
Dazn is great...international rugby, Russian hockey, b league MMA, Armenian basketball, every NFL game

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty

DumbWhiteGuy posted:

I couldn't find any skeleton smilies, so this will do :ghost:

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

I really hope DAZN's slogan is :getin:

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries
I hope this streams to the UK

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
I may call it Dazzin' or D'Asian, but I will not call it "Da Zone." :colbert:

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

willie_dee posted:

I hope this streams to the UK

On their website: "DAZN is currently available in Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Canada and Japan." so it is not looking good. I'm going to guess its a rights issue. Is Bellator on TV in the UK in some way?

Cyber Dog
Feb 22, 2008

DumbWhiteGuy posted:

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

MrBling posted:

On their website: "DAZN is currently available in Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Canada and Japan." so it is not looking good. I'm going to guess its a rights issue. Is Bellator on TV in the UK in some way?

Yea, on a 4 month time delay or something ridiculous.

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

Gegard Mousasi: Lyoto Machida left the UFC because of drug testing

He's saying the quiet part loud

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
Mousasis a jerk and I don't like him

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Bundt Cake posted:

Mousasis a jerk and I don't like him

He's a real sore loser.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Vitor's been retired for like 6 loving weeks and he looks like this already.

He must have gotten back on the horsemeat the next morning after his last fight. That's commitment right there.

Dancing Peasant
Jul 19, 2003

All this for stealing a piece of bread? :waycool:

I’d like to think he ate his service dog in order to be TRTitor again

TheReverend
Jun 21, 2005

Goddamn do I want to do some steroids now.

That's a hell of a commercial for em.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

TheReverend posted:

Goddamn do I want to do some steroids now.

That's a hell of a commercial for em.

I was reading up on them a bit. Turns out if you take steroids and do no exercise, you're likely to gain more muscle over a certain time frame than someone who exercises but has no steroids. Kind of insane