Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: fart simpson)

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

so.... how about china eh??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
petition to rename M-Ls "people of the book" tia

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
wow I'd be shocked that Al! and WL have managed to construe criticism of trying to speak authoritatively on [X] while establishing they've never read [X] as a declaration that you must "do homework" to be a good leftist human being and that this erroneous strawman is somehow an assault on their entire being, but they do this literally all the time lol

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

Zas posted:

Sorry I have already accepted Juche thought and the Songun Policy into my heart.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Autism Sneaks posted:

wow I'd be shocked that Al! and WL have managed to construe criticism of trying to speak authoritatively on [X] while establishing they've never read [X] as a declaration that you must "do homework" to be a good leftist human being and that this erroneous strawman is somehow an assault on their entire being, but they do this literally all the time lol

i didnt read this but im pretty sure it's stupid and petty

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
:ironicat:

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

no, it's the children who are wong!

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
don't have a cow, man

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

steamed hams but its a nonactivated communist and the fires are direct action

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

if theres one thing anarchists dont do its write and read books

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

well they used to but the communists kept turning them in to the police

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Al! posted:

well they used to but the communists kept turning them in to the police

thats called smart politics

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

rip socko and vanzetti

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Zas posted:

I can't believe they turned around and signed a 99-year lease with Cambodia

where'd they pick that one up??

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

right? its wild

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Tanks But No Tanks posted:

I really appreciate what they did there.

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

Tanks But No Tanks posted:

that's cool, but what about when they turned around and signed a 69-year lease with my rear end??

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
you don't have to read ancient tomes to understand marxism you just have to put more effort in than a child throwing a temper tantrum whenever someone tells them they're wrong or misunderstanding something, which is something most Anarchists are incapable of

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

now that i think about it china's counter-report on us human rights this year is gonna be a real doozy

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Ace of Baes posted:

you don't have to read ancient tomes to understand marxism you just have to put more effort in than a child throwing a temper tantrum whenever someone tells them they're wrong or misunderstanding something, which is something most Anarchists are incapable of

yeah i get it instead of leading the multiple direct actions around this country anarchists should have just tried and failed to sell newspapers instead

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Al! posted:

yeah i get it instead of leading the multiple direct actions around this country anarchists should have just tried and failed to sell newspapers instead

:nallears:

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977

Al! posted:

u sound mad

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Ace of Baes posted:

u sound mad

it would be nice if you would get mad too

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977

Al! posted:

it would be nice if you would get mad too

im sure it would solve all the problems

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Ace of Baes posted:

im sure it would solve all the problems

david axelrod is that you

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
yeah that's me

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

it was obvious from your posting

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
you have 56 pages worth of posts in the Democrat thread lol, no wonder your brain is broken

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Ace of Baes posted:

you have 56 pages worth of posts in the Democrat thread lol, no wonder your brain is broken

sorry but the dems are the enemy mr axelrod

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

WampaLord posted:

Okay, fine, I've "misunderstood" the comic, I love capitalism now, time to go earn me some profit because apparently I've been doing this whole thing wrong according to rudatron, who knows everything, including how I process Mario comics.

E: nm, too rude
I don't claim you've misunderstood the comic, I claim you've misunderstood marxism. Your own opinions and beliefs are whatever you make them, but you don't have the right to misrepresent something that exists outside of you, in this case, marxism.

I'm being extremely reasonable here, and all I'm getting back is hostility. You're being really petty over something that doesn't matter.

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Al! posted:

I thought anarchists were against leaders :thunk:

anyway, you can't take credit for DSA stuff all over the country, DSA is big tent and it's really lovely to pretend only anarchists are doing anything.

Jizz Festival
Oct 30, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
for what it's worth I enjoyed the comic, particularly the part where mario accused critics of the monarchy of being motivated by misogyny.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

rudatron posted:

anyway, you can't take credit for DSA stuff all over the country, DSA is big tent and it's really lovely to pretend only anarchists are doing anything.

the portland dsa is mostly anarchists but also theyd be the first to tell you this isnt a dsa action

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

rudatron posted:

lmao

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
I can't wait for the Portland anarchists to abolish ICE

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Ace of Baes posted:

I can't wait for the Portland anarchists to abolish ICE

kicked them out of their own headquarters for a while pausing deportations raids and family separations. what about you?

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

if everyone's gonna be all snippy to each other can it at least be about xinjiang and tibet or something

here's my contribution: china's policies in tibet and xinjiang blow fukin chunks!!!

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

why would anyone be china destroying tibetan ethno-fascism

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

ye more of that please