Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Wasnt that for awful yearbook?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

things in PGS as well

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I have a couple of chicken breasts that I'm going to grill up tonight. Give me some suggestions for nice things to do with them other than ~GRILLED CHICKEN BREAST~. I am grilling them because it's hotter than stink outside and I don't have central air in my house.

Restrictions -
1 - I made mitmita charcoal grilled chicken already this week so "rub and grill" is out.
2 - I'm making pulled pork tacos tomorrow, so chicken tacos is out.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

CommonShore posted:

I have a couple of chicken breasts that I'm going to grill up tonight. Give me some suggestions for nice things to do with them other than ~GRILLED CHICKEN BREAST~. I am grilling them because it's hotter than stink outside and I don't have central air in my house.

Restrictions -
1 - I made mitmita charcoal grilled chicken already this week so "rub and grill" is out.
2 - I'm making pulled pork tacos tomorrow, so chicken tacos is out.

I know you're making tacos tomorrow but you can make quesadillas today on the grill. Grill chicken with some sort of vaguely Latin spice mix, rest, slice thin. Using a two-zone fire, put down a tortilla on the cool side and top with cheese, chicken, fillings of choice (I like mushrooms, onions, jalapenos), more cheese, top with another tortilla and cover the grill until the bottom tortilla is nice and charred and the fillings have warmed and the cheese is melted. Flip it onto the hot side, let the other tortilla char, remove, rest, slice, and serve. Because you have a grill going you can char the veggies you use to fill it, too, which is just more flavor money in your mouth bank.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

sandwiches

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

The Midniter posted:

I know you're making tacos tomorrow but you can make quesadillas today on the grill. Grill chicken with some sort of vaguely Latin spice mix, rest, slice thin. Using a two-zone fire, put down a tortilla on the cool side and top with cheese, chicken, fillings of choice (I like mushrooms, onions, jalapenos), more cheese, top with another tortilla and cover the grill until the bottom tortilla is nice and charred and the fillings have warmed and the cheese is melted. Flip it onto the hot side, let the other tortilla char, remove, rest, slice, and serve. Because you have a grill going you can char the veggies you use to fill it, too, which is just more flavor money in your mouth bank.

Sold. Quesadillas didn't even cross my mind, and it's a good idea because I can do much of the prep right away. My special lady will love that. I have decent enough cheese, jalapenos, and garden onions already. I just need to get some tortillas and maybe a red pepper.

bloody ghost titty
Oct 23, 2008

The Midniter posted:

more flavor money in your mouth bank.

Thread title, right there.

I’m cooking for friends tonight, one of whom is heavily pregnant (only restriction was no raw fish). Any favorite preggo meals? Should I just dip pickles in peanut butter and call it a day?

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

poo poo's in progress.

Chicken breasts sat the afternoon with mexican chili powder and indian chili powder on them. They're tented up now. I picked some fresh garden scallions and diced some nice tomatoes, and grilled some white onion, red pepper, and jalapeno. Tortillas and arugula salad on standby. We eat in half an hour so I'm on shitposting duty til then.

Thanks for the good idea!

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

CommonShore posted:

poo poo's in progress.

Chicken breasts sat the afternoon with mexican chili powder and indian chili powder on them. They're tented up now. I picked some fresh garden scallions and diced some nice tomatoes, and grilled some white onion, red pepper, and jalapeno. Tortillas and arugula salad on standby. We eat in half an hour so I'm on shitposting duty til then.

Thanks for the good idea!

Send pics of your spicy breasts.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Jun 23, 2018

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Former coworker suggested I cook ugali. She said she'd ask her mother fr the recipe but never did. Anyone here ever made some? She's Tanzanian, if it matters.

I've got some okra from the market, so stew with it would be sweet.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

BrianBoitano posted:

Former coworker suggested I cook ugali. She said she'd ask her mother fr the recipe but never did. Anyone here ever made some? She's Tanzanian, if it matters.

I've got some okra from the market, so stew with it would be sweet.

I ate some ugali in Kenya, and assuming you just mean the mass of starch itself, I'm not sure it's ever something I'd really make. Maybe it's regional difference or something, but it was pretty much just a big lump of starch for scooping up bits of food or soaking up broth/gravy. As an accompanying staple starch, it wasn't something I'd ever recommend over rice or grits or naan or something of the sort.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Does kim chi ever go bad? Had some in the fridge for a couple months that a coworker made. I hadn't eaten much because it wasn't very fermented when I got it. Just rediscovered it and it's delicious. Am I dead?

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
Well I mean I'm sure it does one day but the biggest issue is just that it gets mushy over time.

GrAviTy84
Nov 25, 2004

Should be fine. It eventually gets so sour nothing else can live in it and hovers around that.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

Does kim chi ever go bad? Had some in the fridge for a couple months that a coworker made. I hadn't eaten much because it wasn't very fermented when I got it. Just rediscovered it and it's delicious. Am I dead?

turns into mugeunji. best as an ingredient(in kimchi soup or fried rice). if you eat it plain, you have to eat quite a bit of rice with it

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

You'll smell if it gets infected or spoils.

I'm currently aging a batch I made and it's going on 9 months. Oldass kimchi is delicious as hell.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Casu Marzu posted:

You'll smell if it gets infected or spoils.

I'm currently aging a batch I made and it's going on 9 months. Oldass kimchi is delicious as hell.

Yeah this stuff is really good. I had forgotten about it because it was so mild when i got it, but this is spicy and sour and funky and delicious. Just want to make sure it's not gonna make me poo poo my spleen or something.

GrAviTy84
Nov 25, 2004

Just want to make sure it's not gonna make me poo poo my spleen or something.

Sounds like a benefit to me :v:

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

GrAviTy84 posted:

Sounds like a benefit to me :v:

“It’s spleen-shittingly good!”

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
GWS General Chat: It's spleen-shittingly good!

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Discendo Vox posted:

Send pics of your spicy breasts.

They had been long eaten by the time you had posted. I'll post a picture of something sometime soon.

GrAviTy84
Nov 25, 2004

Probiotic spleen cleanse.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

CommonShore posted:

They had been long eaten by the time you had posted. I'll post a picture of something sometime soon.

You tease.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

I made my first muffuletta today and move over cubano I have a new favorite sandwich. Like it’s a serious temptation not to eat this whole roll

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

People age kimchi for upwards of 6 to 9 months, that's probably why its starting to taste really good!

GrAviTy84
Nov 25, 2004

Amazon daily deal alert for instant pot duo 6qt https://www.amazon.com/Instant-Pot-Plus-60-Programmable/dp/B01NBKTPTS/ ($90)

This is $40 than the usual price and is the lowest price year to date. https://camelcamelcamel.com/Instant-Pot-Plus-60-Programmable/product/B01NBKTPTS?context=search

PopeCrunch
Feb 13, 2004

internets

Yeah this stuff is really good. I had forgotten about it because it was so mild when i got it, but this is spicy and sour and funky and delicious. Just want to make sure it's not gonna make me poo poo my spleen or something.

Yeah I mean there's not a whole hell of a lot that can happen to kimchi that hasn't already happened to it in the process of turning it into kimchi.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

PopeCrunch posted:

Yeah I mean there's not a whole hell of a lot that can happen to kimchi that hasn't already happened to it in the process of turning it into kimchi.

What about when it turns sentient

This is what happens if you keep Kimchi too long: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjIXwkX1e48

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

I have some two year old or so "homemade" kimchi in the fridge I should throw on a pizza

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Submarine Sandpaper posted:

I have some two year old or so "homemade" kimchi in the fridge I should throw on a pizza

I use old kimchi for frittatas. It really mellows with eggs.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Submarine Sandpaper posted:

“Look out! Grenade!”

Totally Reasonable
Jan 8, 2008

aaag mirrors

It's that time of year again. Cherries for days.

Hawkperson
Jun 20, 2003

I made dinner at home tonight for the first time in about a year :o:

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
You dined out for over a year? Jesus.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

clickhole gettin' weird

https://twitter.com/thetakeout/status/1012037346798325767

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

... wouldn't that overcook the whites? I'm confused.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Squashy Nipples posted:

... wouldn't that overcook the whites? I'm confused.
I can't recall ever having an egg white dish where they were not hella cooked.