Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: fart simpson)

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

i was in a place with giant monitor lizards and i had no clue they were there and i was just walking down the road and nearly stepped on one and freaked the gently caress out. mostly they just eat trash tho.

i admire their incredible ability to not give a poo poo about anything going on around them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

R. Guyovich posted:

i admire their incredible ability to not give a poo poo about anything going on around them.

i kicked an armadillo in the butt last night because it was blocking the road

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

you could have just picked it up

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

you could have just picked it up

bad idea

Metal Cat
Dec 25, 2017

Metal Cat has issued a correction as of 02:57 on Oct 24, 2021

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

R. Guyovich posted:

now that i think about it china's counter-report on us human rights this year is gonna be a real doozy

lmao i had no idea this was a thing and its going to own

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

19/20 chance of being immune to leprosy is good odds

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

19/20 chance of being immune to leprosy is good odds

:chloe:

i'd communicate my feelings more in type but it's becoming increasingly difficult without nails

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

isn't leprosy easy to deal with in countries with affordable healthcare

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
yes but armadillos live in the united states

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

i say swears online posted:

:chloe:

i'd communicate my feelings more in type but it's becoming increasingly difficult without nails

I imagine a lot of things are more difficult with your nails pulled out.

THS
Sep 15, 2017

i used to read books and now i dont

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
its okay to not read books

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I started reading Lenin

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

R. Guyovich posted:

its a komodo dragon. my brother in the animal kingdom.

Ok but why is it vomiting Skittles/vibrating with electricity

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Dreddout posted:

Ok but why is it vomiting Skittles/vibrating with electricity

i dunno but it's real cool and al! was real cool to make it for me.

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

i say swears online posted:

i kicked an armadillo in the butt last night because it was blocking the road

this is violence

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
The place where anti-imperialists support China and anarchists think burning down your colonizer's business is going too far

Infernot
Jul 17, 2015

"A short night wakes me from a dream that seemed so long."
Grimey Drawer

Jeb! Repetition posted:

The place where anti-imperialists support China and anarchists think burning down your colonizer's business is going too far

quote:

Hegel remarks somewhere that all great world-historic facts and personages appear, so to speak, twice. He forgot to add: the first time as tragedy, the second time as farce.

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

it extremely owns that this thread melted down for three pages over a mario comic

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
hell yeah this thread melted down for three pages over a mario comic. what have you done?

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
nice meltdown

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
did u know: a thing can be good, without a single character in it being right about everything or even anything. it's a p fun fact

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

crazy cloud posted:

did u know: a thing can be good, without a single character in it being right about everything or even anything. it's a p fun fact

actually they cant. thats a funner fact

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

It's good that Luigi said Mario was just hiding from society because it's objectively true.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Mario severed all ties with friends and family to live with some turtles on a patch of dirt, which is indistinguishable from how cults operate.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
So is Bowser like a fascist or something

Also God is an elegant blonde who wears a nightie all the time when not riding motorcycles and is pretty blase about things after having seen the universe end a zillion times

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Mario severed all ties with friends and family to live with some turtles on a patch of dirt, which is indistinguishable from how cults operate.

he might've just been really horny for turtles

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

Also, as far as the philosophy of that comic, seems like it’s mostly just classical Cynicism combined with baudrillards particularly lovely brand of post modernism, wherein any attempt at political action is doomed to simply create a new, possibly worse, power structure, and so the only correct political move is to “withdraw into the private.”

Anyway thanks for reading my analysis of a Mario comic please comment like and subscribe.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

baudrillard has a book called 'Revenge of the Crystal' which is extremely video games imo

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

So is Bowser like a fascist or something

Also God is an elegant blonde who wears a nightie all the time when not riding motorcycles and is pretty blase about things after having seen the universe end a zillion times

For some reason God is just Princess Peach but even blonder

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

http://www.peoplesworld.org/article/chinas-labor-movement-keeping-pace-with-globalization/
http://www.peoplesworld.org/article/times-are-changing-for-chinas-labor-movement/

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

quote:

“In China, we don’t believe a strike is an efficient way to protect the interests of the working class,” An argued. At the global level, “China is facing contradictions between the domestic working class and domestic capitalists, but domestic capitalists also compete with foreign capitalists. So if there is a strike, it will be detrimental to both the workers and capitalists [in China].”

The loving state of this argument.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

namesake posted:

it's a communist state you filty revisionist

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

namesake posted:

yes, that is pretty weak. everything else is solid imo

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Won't anyone think of the chinese capitalists?

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

R. Guyovich posted:

yes, that is pretty weak. everything else is solid imo

So this is solid is it?

quote:

According to An, China’s 1954 constitution protected the right to strike, but this clause was removed when the economic reforms began. As it stands now, things are a bit gray legally. There is no provision for or against work stoppages, but carrying out a strike is not technically forbidden.

The Air bud law of strikes?

Everything about this, particularly quotes, is 'class collaboration for the national interest is good'. I guess it shows that Maoism hasn't strayed far from its roots but that's another argument!

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
say what you will about china but its pretty fail that the state that invented landlord murder also brought back landlords

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

namesake posted:

So this is solid is it?

The Air bud law of strikes?

Everything about this, particularly quotes, is 'class collaboration for the national interest is good'. I guess it shows that Maoism hasn't strayed far from its roots but that's another argument!

i mean, they do have strikes. it's not enshrined in law like it should be but they do happen and they are mostly resolved in favor of workers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Larry Parrish posted:

say what you will about china but its pretty fail that the state that invented landlord murder also brought back landlords

Mao is rolling in his goddamn grave.