Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Lowtax posted:

Holy poo poo I thought you posted that you opened up a restaurant for anime and I was aghast. Then I noticed it was just for opossums. Carry on.

It's more of an anime-themed cuddle cafe; we've been having some trouble getting permission to sell food.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

johnnyratbastard
Nov 9, 2012
Seriously though, gently caress possums. Noisy little fucks.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Megillah Gorilla posted:

City possums in Melbourne are adorable and friendly. It's not unusual to watch drunks wobbling home in the early hours with their half eaten pizzas and, as they pass by a tree, see tiny hands reach down from the branches begging for food :3:

EDIT:

Ha, I was just walking home with my groceries and I noticed a fat brushtail possum in a tree in a park so I left on of my apples spiked on a branch for the little guy.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

johnnyratbastard posted:

Seriously though, gently caress possums. Noisy little fucks.

And mean as poo poo too.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Never trust anyone or anything with a flesh pocket. Who knows what they could be hiding in there.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Loky11
Dec 12, 2006

Pull on the new flesh like borrowed gloves and burn your fingers once again

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

And people say the Catholic Church isn't a Mickey Mouse operation.

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

I sell only quality merkins. What is a merkin you ask? Why, it's a wig for your genitals!

New Silent Hill looking weird

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!
Don't mind me, stealing for the C-SPAM pics thread.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

Solice Kirsk posted:

Never trust anyone or anything with a flesh pocket. Who knows what they could be hiding in there.

We all have flesh pockets if you're brave enough.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Trig Discipline posted:

I opened a restaurant for mine:

Whole album here: https://imgur.com/a/r6JQ5

This is the best thing anyone on the forums has ever done.

EDIT: Also, you can really see their relationship with tree kangaroos in those pics.

Megillah Gorilla has a new favorite as of 14:48 on Jun 26, 2018

OutOfPrint
Apr 9, 2009

Fun Shoe

¡Sal de aquí, acosador!

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

The Merkinman posted:

New Silent Hill looking weird

Actually it's the alpacalypse!

:suicide:

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

wayfinder posted:

...and who is now returning the favor. You're not even out $10-30 to come back to your previous status! Moderation/banning here has always had an extremely personal and arbitrary component, and it's interesting to see how frustrating you yourself find it to be on the other end of inscrutable, uncaring moderation that's not at all interested in being fair. Appealing a mod/admin decision here on SA usually results in mockery, no matter what the decision was, you're not even getting that! It's gotta suck, but I think you're still way ahead of someone who gets banned or probationed here

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Mm yes, so what you're saying is ... don't ... do things

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

This is like some historic artifact that we just can't fathom, no-one remembers this culture or context anymore. We considered ourselves to be a powerful culture. But this is not a post of honor…no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here… nothing valued is here.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
Just p'in my f funny pic :shrug:

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

*wall of gibberish*

What is important, however, is this:

*wall of gibberish*

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

:wtc:

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Is that what inspired this?

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I like how there's three obvious flat mode hamsters and another just fell down the side and stayed there.

There. Are. Four. Five. Hamsters!

Trabant has a new favorite as of 16:03 on Jun 26, 2018

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Phanatic posted:

Is that what inspired this?

I will never stop being astonished at how loving butthurt some people get from being probated. Not even banned, just probated.

The entire existence of Something Sensitive and the Twitter losers who follow Lowtax around in the pathetic hope they can, even for a moment, maybe, slightly inconvenience him.

They're like spurned lovers who keep getting drunk and urinating on their exes front door because they just can't loving get over themselves.

Like the r/elationships thread in GBS, it really makes me a lot more pleased with my own life choices.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

I honestly don't understand the tweet that got Lowtax banned. I'm sure its a reference to something I don't know about.

I do want to say though the tweet saying Baked Alaska should be buried in concrete is one of my favorite ever.

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

what. the. gently caress did you just say about me you little bitch i'll have you know...etc etc etc

Douglas Dinsdale
Oct 13, 2006

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

the sequel was really lovely

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

Fun fact: they got their picture taken because they were blocking the Tour de France, sitting on the road to keep warm

The Flour Moth
May 22, 2001

WHAT HATH PONIES WROUGHT

jesus WEP posted:

Haha

Clever

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

jesus WEP posted:

mdr

khysanth
Jun 10, 2009

Still love you, Homar

Opossums are not dangerous as long as they are not cornered and their interaction with other animals and humans is kept to a minimum. They are beneficial to eliminate rodents, snakes, insects and carrion, and they provide a VITAL “grounds-keeping” function in most urban environments.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I think american possums are mostly resistant to rabies, too. Or so I've been told.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Megillah Gorilla posted:

This is the best thing anyone on the forums has ever done.

EDIT: Also, you can really see their relationship with tree kangaroos in those pics.

Yeah they really are basically fat dumb little tree kangaroos.

We were initially feeding Pickles because the possum rescue people told us to, so that we could get her to take antibiotics. Turns out, though, that it's not possible to stop feeding a brushtail possum. Basically from then until we moved to Japan, any time the door was open at night Pickles would come into the house and start eating the cat food, the garbage, or anything that was left on the counter. Sometimes we wouldn't even notice she was in the house until she came into the room where we were watching TV and climbed onto the table.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Megillah Gorilla posted:

I will never stop being astonished at how loving butthurt some people get from being probated. Not even banned, just probated.

The entire existence of Something Sensitive and the Twitter losers who follow Lowtax around in the pathetic hope they can, even for a moment, maybe, slightly inconvenience him.

They're like spurned lovers who keep getting drunk and urinating on their exes front door because they just can't loving get over themselves.

Like the r/elationships thread in GBS, it really makes me a lot more pleased with my own life choices.
It's interesting from a sociological point of view. A lot of these people who spend their lives stalking and trying in general to inconvenience me in various ways are people who, quite frankly, don't have much in their lives, and being banned from this community is a huge blow in their lives. SA was the only place that accepted them, and they invested a lot emotionally and timewise here, so being rejected from here destroyed what little they had in their lives. That's where the whole "revenge" mindset comes from, and it gives them a crusade to get back at me for their seemingly unjust ban. It doesn't matter if I was the one who banned them or not, I become the target of their rage and they spend their time trying to do everything they can do get their internet revenge on me, because tenbux and all that jazz.

So yeah, the people who spend their free time raging about me are hosed in the head. Apologies for the derail.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

jesus WEP posted:

Wow

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

I think american possums are mostly resistant to rabies, too. Or so I've been told.

Possums body temps are a bit below what the Rabies virus needs to survive.

So, it is incredibly unlikely for a possum to get rabies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golden-i
Sep 18, 2006

One big, stumpy family

Lowtax posted:

So yeah, the people who spend their free time raging about me are hosed in the head. Apologies for the derail.

I don't get why people on the internet are so mean all the time

I mean, I get it, what with anonymity and lack of consequences making people feel like they can get away with anything and all that stuff. I just, at some fundamental level, can't personally parse it. It's so easy to not be a dick.