Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

whiter than a Wilco show
Mar 30, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Solice Kirsk posted:

Beer is a drug the same way coffee is a drug (not really). I challenge someone to show me where beer directly lead to poor decision making or injury.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Mine was supposed to be more tongue in cheek. Maybe I didn't go far enough? How far is too far enough though?

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
The more direct the incorrect statement, the deeper you have to lean into it or it seems simply malicious instead of humorous. This was test #1 stuff.

thoughts and prayers
Apr 22, 2013

Love heals all wounds. We hope you continually carry love in your heart. Today and always, may loving memories bring you peace, comfort, and strength. We sympathize with the family of (Name). We shall never forget you in our prayers and thoughts. I am at a loss for words during this sorrowful time.

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

We're in the same class and the semester just started.

oh, sweet summer child.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Solice Kirsk posted:

Beer is a drug the same way coffee is a drug (not really). I challenge someone to show me where beer directly lead to poor decision making or injury.

Steel reserve is directly responsible for me and my roommate getting banned from a papa johns and having the manager yell at us that if we ever tried to order a pizza again he would poo poo on it, as my roommate puked all over the floor.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
people should do more drugs

Lacey
Jul 10, 2001

Guess where this lollipop's going?

yeah I eat rear end posted:

Steel reserve is directly responsible for me and my roommate getting banned from a papa johns and having the manager yell at us that if we ever tried to order a pizza again he would poo poo on it, as my roommate puked all over the floor.
I had an alcoholic roommate who only drank beer. Id come home from work at 2am and find him drinking in the living room alone in the dark, which scared the hell out of me the first few times.

You gotta really pound the brewskies to get drunk so he had stacks of empty beer bottles in him room and even after a shower he smelled like a case of empties left in the sun.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Wouldn't that get you hella fat as well? I suppose they call it a beer belly for a reason.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
I lived in a goon house in college and we were all alcoholics to one degree or another. The guy that took the cake though would wake up at like noon on a Saturday and take a beer with him into the shower and wouldn't stop until he passed out listening to Oingo Boingo sometime around midnight.

Tinestram
Jan 13, 2006

Excalibur? More like "Needle"

Grimey Drawer

yeah I eat rear end posted:

Well that's it, I'm never drinking THAT brand again

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Steel Reserve is one of the worst beers in existence. That, Camo Silver Ice, and Panther Ice Ale are the absolute bottom tier of beer. I've drank bottles of Night Train Express and fallen asleep on park benches in November in Chicago, and even I steer clear of those.

Lacey
Jul 10, 2001

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Wouldn't that get you hella fat as well? I suppose they call it a beer belly for a reason.

Yeah my roomie was very sporty so he should have had a sixpack but instead he had a hard round little starter beer gut.

He also rarely consumed anything that wasn't beer. There's a cutesy term but it escapes me. Alcorexic?

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.
There's a reason "hold my beer and watch this" is a well-known phrase.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

alcohol has zero value to society and should be banned. imho repeal the 21st amendment and replace it with the 420th amendment iykwim

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
lotta folks ITT must be a huge hit at parties

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Na, the difference between me at zero drinks and 1-5 drinks is just me getting exponentially more handsome and funny until eventually I am the funniest handsomenest guy at the party and everyone is like "drat, bust rodd you are so funny and smart" and then I wake up on the floor of a pawn shop next to a bucket of red puke and a the sound of sleep apnea that woke me up is not, in fact, my own.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Booze is tons of fun, but, I agree that prohibition probably would have held if they'd been smart enough to let people smoke weed instead and our society would probably have been better off

but we don't live in that future so it's absolutely a porque-no-los-dos scenario for your individual decision-making

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Solice Kirsk posted:

Steel Reserve is one of the worst beers in existence. That, Camo Silver Ice, and Panther Ice Ale are the absolute bottom tier of beer. I've drank bottles of Night Train Express and fallen asleep on park benches in November in Chicago, and even I steer clear of those.

It grows on you if you drink enough of it. I actually prefer it to things like bud/miller/coors light (although coors original is superior).

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

quote:

I'm wearing officially licensed Neon Genesis Evangelion underpants.

I make fun of anime, in good fun, but actually I secretly think that anime is OK, and you know what? If I want to keep a little bit of anime wrapped around my butt and balls, well, that's between me and the Good Lord, baby. It ain't hurting anybody.

They have the NERV logo on them. It makes me feel like I'm Shinji and that NERV has regulation underpants and that I think it's annoying but also kind of cool, like Spider-Man wearing his superhero costume under his regular clothes. Some of you are probably wondering why I wouldn't just cut out the middleman and wear Spider-Man underwear, and all I can do is shake my head because you obviously don't get it.

Wearing anime underwear is basically an implicit admission that you will not get laid today

quote:

My confession is I've found a new way to fund Lowtax's new neck AND troll the forums: buying big angry titles for one person in a slapfight.

There's a few rivalries and beefs in GBS, and it's pretty easy to buy someone an avatar and have them :airquote: "know" :airquote: who gave it. They tend to either directly call out the other person or just be lovely. That person thinks they :airquote:know:airquote: that the other person bought a custom title for themselves to look like a victim and ramps up their needling of the person, feeding into feelings of persecution. Sometimes the mods even get in on the assumptions and start handing out probes to people they think have been pbullying someone they are fond of.

Meanwhile, I'm sitting in my McMansion's basement:

I think I've seen this a few times

People very rarely admit to having bought someone a red-text, but sometimes the confusion seems genuine

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
lol anime bloomers

what is with all the sad lame puppetmaster folks

Lacey
Jul 10, 2001

i start pretend slapfights in gibbs so lurking puppetmasters think they're smartypants when they buy one of us a bad avatar

you're welcome Lowtax :riker:

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Solice Kirsk posted:

I had a buddy who lived with a couple of alcoholics. He drank steel reserve exclusively at the time because it was the only beer he could get that they wouldn't steal

Tinestram
Jan 13, 2006

Excalibur? More like "Needle"

Grimey Drawer
Anime Underpants is clearly fake, nobody wants to be Shinji (including Shinji)

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

My dad still can't drink beer because he had a really bad experience with Colt .45 when he was like 13 and all beer just tastes like that to him now (he still drinks ofc; he's wine- and hard-liquor-only)

Last time I had either Steel Reserve or Colt .45 was in college, because we needed 40s for a band tradition and you can't get good beer in a 40. I don't remember them tasting noticeably different from each other.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Get in the normal underpants, Shinji.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I'm curious, are we talking about kid-style branded underwear where it's tighty-whities with a picture of your cartoon character of choice emblazoned on the rear end, or is it more like boxers with hearts on them only instead of hearts it's waifus?

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Neither is acceptable because boxer-briefs are the underwear of adults.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

RFC2324 posted:

I had a buddy who lived with a couple of alcoholics. He drank steel reserve exclusively at the time because it was the only beer he could get that they wouldn't steal

Whenever I went to a byob party in college I would always bring steels or if I was feeling fancy, natural ice. Nobody would touch it, it was great. They didn't even mind when you asked if you could bring whatever was left over home. I mean, the concept is bring your own beer, not share your own beer.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

loquacius posted:

I'm curious, are we talking about kid-style branded underwear where it's tighty-whities with a picture of your cartoon character of choice emblazoned on the rear end, or is it more like boxers with hearts on them only instead of hearts it's waifus?

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
those would only work on a dude with a massive erection

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Lol if you have avatars on or care about red titles on this dead gay forums

Embrace minimalism

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
It's easy to be minimalist when you steal other people's food :colbert:

Son of Man
Jan 29, 2003

by Azathoth
I heard that steel reserve, Milwaukee's best, etc. are substandard batches that come from the same facilities as major brands. like for example natural ice is Coors that didn't pass a quality check but is still legally drinkable

Son of Man
Jan 29, 2003

by Azathoth

value-brand cereal posted:

Lol if you have avatars on or care about red titles on this dead gay forums

Embrace minimalism

shut up, thief

you twat

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all

Son of Man posted:

I heard that steel reserve, Milwaukee's best, etc. are substandard batches that come from the same facilities as major brands. like for example natural ice is Coors that didn't pass a quality check but is still legally drinkable

Except these poo poo beers are almost certainly produced in larger or equivalent quantities. There's no way they're just doing a test taste of every batch before deciding what label to throw on them.

And how dare you speak ill of Milwaukee's Best.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I got this Avatar without red text but honestly what could the red text add to make this worse?

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
"we're dating your mom now, call me chad dad"

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Atlas Hugged posted:

Except these poo poo beers are almost certainly produced in larger or equivalent quantities. There's no way they're just doing a test taste of every batch before deciding what label to throw on them.

And how dare you speak ill of Milwaukee's Best.

The beast has gotten me through some rough times

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Bust Rodd posted:

I got this Avatar without red text but honestly what could the red text add to make this worse?

"Never made it as a wise man"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

"my rear end in a top hat hurts and it's not from spicy food"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loetZcU7yr0