Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

THS
Sep 15, 2017

they’re not sending their best

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Yandat posted:

they’re not sending their best

We need more extreme vetting for failed UK celebs.

THS
Sep 15, 2017

as terrible as the UK is, i feel like any british person who looks at America and thinks it’s a good idea to relocate to an even crueler society is probably a bastard in some way or another

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

etalian posted:

Why do all exiled UK celebs like John Oliver or man pig hybrid Piers Morgan always end up being neo-liberal tools?

piers morgan was editor of one of the newspapers involved with the phone hacking scandal when it happened. how he never got dragged into it i don't know

https://twitter.com/VickerySec/status/1011412063598534656

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

lol literally collecting blackmail to not steal elections.

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
John Oliver's biggest crime is still that's he's a tired, unfunny hack, but the fact that so many Libs get their news from him really pisses me off.

Frijolero has issued a correction as of 17:37 on Jun 26, 2018

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Oliver’s done some interesting stuff before, but went full on neoliberal at some point and he wasn’t funny enough to carry his bad politics.

etalian posted:

Why do all exiled UK celebs like John Oliver or man pig hybrid Piers Morgan always end up being neo-liberal tools?

$$$$$

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Oliver said AMLO is like Trump because he makes big promises and uhh because his policies aren't concrete enough.

Johnny is a very smart boy with no ideology, only facts.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Frijolero posted:

Oliver said AMLO is like Trump because he makes big promises and uhh because his policies aren't concrete enough.

Johnny is a very smart boy with no ideology, only facts.

its so loving stupid

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/Rantaramic/status/1012077760989356033

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

koreans are the heaviest drinkers in the world, that dude could probably drink all of them under the table

edit: im wrong. theyre behind the former soviet union, most of the eastern bloc, and finland.

Sheng-Ji Yang has issued a correction as of 09:02 on Jun 28, 2018

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

surprised there havent been any attempts on amlo yet tbh

honestly same

E: john oliver is a bitch

I can't wait for AMLO to win and have a lot of my friends and family have the biggest meltdown of all time

The REAL Goobusters has issued a correction as of 00:45 on Jun 30, 2018

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

watching pundits mechanically upchuck their "amlo is trump! amlo is trump!!" garbage takes onto anglophone op ed pages is kind of funny tbh

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Fuligin posted:

watching pundits mechanically upchuck their "amlo is trump! amlo is trump!!" garbage takes onto anglophone op ed pages is kind of funny tbh

they must think are so smart and clever too

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

babypolis posted:

they must think are so smart and clever too

Probably having a meltdown since his message is so effective and corporate friendly candidates aren't attracting the same support.

smug n stuff
Jul 21, 2016

A Hobbit's Adventure
This lovely nyt profile says that amlo's coalition includes "far-right conservatives," but cites nothing, is there any truth to this or are they just making things up?

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Love getting paid millions of dollars to pretend ideology doesn't exist

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

smug n stuff posted:

This lovely nyt profile says that amlo's coalition includes "far-right conservatives," but cites nothing, is there any truth to this or are they just making things up?

The coalition includes a Catholic conservative party. It definitely is a thing, but I don't know how consequential they are.

AMLO supporters are overwhelmingly PRD and PT voters, workers, students, young people.

THS
Sep 15, 2017

elections are tomorrow right?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Yandat posted:

elections are tomorrow right?

Yes Election Day is on July 1.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

mexico gonna beat brazil in a few hours, then amlo gonna win in the evening

edit ah gently caress the game's not until monday morning

i say swears online has issued a correction as of 08:26 on Jul 1, 2018

madey
Sep 17, 2007

I saved the Olympics singlehandedly
¡

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

I'm about to check out some live streams. Jacobin reminded me by having some nerd talk about a polling booth just now

here's the facebook livemap of north america right now lol

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

AMLO EN VIVO: https://www.facebook.com/univisionnoticias/videos/10157233640484796/

A Big Fuckin Hornet
Nov 1, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
so what time does AMLO become president

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Local exit polls by 6pm, presidential exit polls by 8pm.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Good luck Mexico :)

Ardent Communist
Oct 17, 2010

ALLAH! MU'AMMAR! LIBYA WA BAS!
Buena suerte México, pon el continente rojo, de abajo hacia arriba!

I've got to improve my spanish, that's just a google translate. Still, sentiment is true!

Catboy Autonomist
Jun 23, 2018

IS IT SUPWISING THAT PWISONS WESEMBWE FACTOWIES, SCHOOWS, WHICH AWW WESEMBWE PWISONS?
How are you meant to quantitively measure "populism"? It's such a vague term it isn't even funny

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Catboy Autonomist posted:

How are you meant to quantitively measure "populism"? It's such a vague term it isn't even funny

Nobody knows what populism is. Even the original Populists from over 100 years ago have their ideology brushed over in history classes

Corek has issued a correction as of 23:21 on Jul 1, 2018

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Corek posted:

Nobody knows what populism is. Even the original Populists from over 100 years ago have their ideology brushed over in history classes

free silver, hell yeah

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
populism is when you give the poor, miserable, selfish, filthy citizens what they want instead of the honorable, virtuous wealthy elite

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

I'm ready for a successful Meade election

PhantomPayne
Aug 8, 2017

I should think before posting

Taintrunner posted:

populism is when you give the poor, miserable, selfish, filthy citizens what they want instead of the honorable, virtuous wealthy elite

They're obviously smart, hard working and overall better than anyone because of their riches right? I mean, it's probably in the bible or something.

Jokes aside, there's a ton of videos of guys cancelling, burning or straight up stealing ballots. Goddamn we should be united, not fighting like idiots.

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

wtf is the voting age in mexico

PhantomPayne
Aug 8, 2017

Mao Zedong Thot posted:

wtf is the voting age in mexico

18 years old.

But sometimes kids wanna get painted on because they think its cool :3:

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

When do we get the results?

PhantomPayne
Aug 8, 2017

Lawman 0 posted:

When do we get the results?

Preliminary results are 42% AMLO, 28% baldy mcbaldface (Anaya), 18% for Meade and 6% Bronco, final results are in about 3 hours. I'm really surprised their crappy server isn't making GBS threads itself with the amount of people refreshing their page.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

PhantomPayne posted:

Preliminary results are 42% AMLO, 28% baldy mcbaldface (Anaya), 18% for Meade and 6% Bronco, final results are in about 3 hours. I'm really surprised their crappy server isn't making GBS threads itself with the amount of people refreshing their page.

Si si! Jajajaja