Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Blockhouse posted:

the line-up for that Giant Sized Batman is loving rough. Hush and New 52 Nightwing? Woof.

If you're a ten year old who likes Batman Hush is pretty cool for the first part. It's Batman fighting all his iconic villains and a Superman fight that sorta makes sense and doesn't degrade Superman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Skwirl posted:

If you're a ten year old who likes Batman Hush is pretty cool for the first part. It's Batman fighting all his iconic villains and a Superman fight that sorta makes sense and doesn't degrade Superman.

It also did a lot for the Batman/Catwoman relationship until it reset itself at the end.
Hush is a stupid action movie that doesn't make sense when you think about it, bit it is pretty to look at and has a ton of action.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Blockhouse posted:

the line-up for that Giant Sized Batman is loving rough. Hush and New 52 Nightwing? Woof.

Yeah, I don't know why you wouldn't do Rebirth Nightwing. It's 2 years old now anyway.

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

Covok posted:

Just a reminder that Superman blazing it and getting the munchies can literally smell food anywhere on the planet and can be there in an instant.

Superman can smell something separated by a sealed airsystem in a space station and the void of space itself. Not to mention the actual delay of a single molicule of brownie traveling that distance.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
That panel split on Batman's head looks goofy as hell

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Batman has so many teeth. Also, since that expression does not occur in nature, it looks like Bruce is doing a big terrifying grin at Superman's brownie hunger.

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

Android Blues posted:

Batman has so many teeth. Also, since that expression does not occur in nature, it looks like Bruce is doing a big terrifying grin at Superman's brownie hunger.

I wanna see someone do the parallel face thing to see how it'd look.

Hispanic! At The Disco
Dec 25, 2011

Roy Harper asking if Superman's high? I thought he was an authority on that subject.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

frodnonnag posted:

I wanna see someone do the parallel face thing to see how it'd look.

well, if you insist

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Abroham Lincoln posted:

well, if you insist

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Since he's not head-on, probably something vaguely like this:

Still looks preposterous.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Looks like some standard grit-snarl-teeth to me.
Like, who didn't learn how to draw angry teeth from the faces of their Ninja Turtle toys.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Jun 25, 2018

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Android Blues posted:

It looks like he's taking a poo poo.

Kaleidoscope
Sep 8, 2007

The Internet makes me dizzy.

Codependent Poster posted:

It looks like he's taking a poo poo.

Batman needs more fiber.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
He's actually just mad that Superman's closing in on his secret stash of bat-brownies in North Dakota.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
but can superman detect green arrow's secret pizza

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Deceitful and black-hearted, perhaps we are. But we would never go against the Code. Well, perhaps for good reasons. But mostly never.
Superman and Batman are hazing Roy here, right?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

If Sinestro and John are wearing ultraviolet uniforms, shouldnt they be invisible?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Teenage Fansub posted:

Looks like some standard grit-snarl-teeth to me.
Like, who didn't learn how to draw angry teeth from the faces of their Ninja Turtle toys.

People too old to have had Ninja Turtle toys?

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

What the hell is wrong with comic retailers?

It's bad enough that some are taking the DC/Walmart deal as a personal affront, as opposed to a possible gateway drug...

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/06/22/dennis-barger-responds-to-dc-comics-100-page-walmart-exclusive-news/
https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/06/25/trouble-those-100-page-dc-comics-walmart/

...but now some are planing raids to destroy books?

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/06/26/new-york-comic-stores-plan-out-of-state-raids-on-walmarts-over-dc-100-page-anthologies/

(I know, I know, Bleeding Cool, so massive salt grain, but...jesus christ.)

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
If the books aren’t being made available to the shops, comic book retailers who are mad at the company are right to be mad. Not to destroy books, but that’s probably a small portion.

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007
Injustice continues to be really loving good.

eliotlucas
Aug 6, 2006

I miss being able to get comics from a spinner rack in a gas station or supermarket.

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

gamestop is getting spinner racks

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

OGB posted:

What the hell is wrong with comic retailers?

It's bad enough that some are taking the DC/Walmart deal as a personal affront, as opposed to a possible gateway drug...

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/06/22/dennis-barger-responds-to-dc-comics-100-page-walmart-exclusive-news/
https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/06/25/trouble-those-100-page-dc-comics-walmart/

...but now some are planing raids to destroy books?

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/06/26/new-york-comic-stores-plan-out-of-state-raids-on-walmarts-over-dc-100-page-anthologies/

(I know, I know, Bleeding Cool, so massive salt grain, but...jesus christ.)

"Let's constantly buy out their stock! That'll show 'em!"

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I bet that bullshit retaliation was thought up by Dennis Barger.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Parallax posted:

gamestop is getting spinner racks

Gamestop isn't doing great financially so I'm sure the super lucrative print comic industry is how they're gonna turn things around :rolleyes:

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

It does really suck for comic shops that DC is making two books that'd easily sell in the top ten exclusive to Walmart.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

It's good for literally everyone else, though.

Aren't these the reprints with Hush and stuff? It's not like you can't go to a comic store and buy Hush now.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

They will have new material in them, too, according to BC.

Which will certainly be collected separately after the fact, so don't stress about not getting a Batman comic if you don't want/can't give Walmart your money.

I don't really think they would be top 10 in direct market sales given that anthologies rarely sell well, even when they're entirely new material, never mind ones that are mostly reprints with a few pages of a new story.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/DocShaner/status/1011707482341814278

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Endless Mike posted:

They will have new material in them, too, according to BC.

Which will certainly be collected separately after the fact, so don't stress about not getting a Batman comic if you don't want/can't give Walmart your money.

I don't really think they would be top 10 in direct market sales given that anthologies rarely sell well, even when they're entirely new material, never mind ones that are mostly reprints with a few pages of a new story.

Bendis Batman would easily be top ten. King Superman would be a very good seller as well.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Wild having a new comic almost full of Adam Hughes art.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 11:33 on Jun 27, 2018

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
I want to say I'm surprised Bendis would reference "Man of Steel, Woman of Kleenex" in Man of Steel, but I'm not. Also that's the stupidest loving way to write Jon out.

"Hey Kal, it's me, Jor-El, you last remember me being evil as gently caress, I want to take your son through the universe"
"No."
"I'm going anyway, dad"

And Jon returns fully grown.

So it's pretty obvious that Lois is gone because she went off with Jolly Green to watch over her doofus son.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Onmi posted:

"Hey Kal, it's me, Jor-El, you last remember me being evil as gently caress, I want to take your son through the universe"
"No."
"I'm going anyway, dad"

Wait really? I'm way behind on comics and I was really enjoying Jon and Robin's dynamic. Ugh, nice things, can't have them, etc...

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

The Jon returning older part isn't in the comic, but Bendis teased this a little bit ago.

I guessed the Jor-El road trip months ago :cool:

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Onmi posted:

I want to say I'm surprised Bendis would reference "Man of Steel, Woman of Kleenex" in Man of Steel, but I'm not. Also that's the stupidest loving way to write Jon out.

"No."
"I'm going anyway, dad"

So it's pretty obvious that Lois is gone because she went off with Jolly Green to watch over her doofus son.

Ahahahahahahahahaha

Teenage Fansub posted:

The Jon returning older part isn't in the comic, but Bendis teased this a little bit ago.

I guessed the Jor-El road trip months ago :cool:

*laughter so high pitch only dogs can hear*

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

I would cry but I don't think I can spare the moisture.
Pillbug
Jon and Lois were the only reason I picked up Tomasi's Superman. I guess my pull list will get shorter very soon.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I just checked Oz Effect and Jor-El is pretty much forgiven and they're hugging at the end, so blame Jurgins.

edit: Flash saying "caca doo doo" or whatever was the bad part.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Jun 27, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Lmao Bendis