Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Wait, what happened to Reed and Sue?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

10 Beers posted:

She won an oscar and he's a congressman.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

bessantj posted:

Goodnight!

(Sound of flat-lining.)

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

bessantj posted:

Sue really disappears in her roles.

Goodnight, everybody!

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

The Question IRL posted:

I wouldn't count Kingpin as a 1%er villain.

He's just organised crime. He is a gangster who made himself respectable. He probably runs a number of legitimate businesses and the few times we see the inner workings of them they all look above board*.

It's just crime is his main business.

To me a 1%er villain is a corrupt CEO who runs an evil business and screws over the public and or his employees.

Isn't Fisk now the mayor of NYC and doing crime that screws over the public

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Uthor posted:

Sue really disappears in her roles.

Goodnight, everybody!

:stat: That's quite a stretch!

:wal: Any more lines like that and he'll go down in flames!

:stat: If you ask me, he's already hit rock bottom!

:wal: :stat: Dohohoho!

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

10 Beers posted:

They're currently chilling with the kids outside of reality. They're coming back soon supposedly. I guess everyone thinks they're dead? Comics since Secret Wars have been kind of vague about telling if everyone thinks they're still alive and/or where everyone thinks they are. I guess in any case they've been gone long enough to declare them legally dead.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I cant remember, what was the excuse made for how pete owned the baxter building after sw

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Hawkeye falls into this category, as does Hawkeye.

Hawkeye is definitely rich, but I don't think Hawkeye is. I guess he owns a tenement in New York, but his liquidity is almost nothing.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Lurdiak posted:

Kingpin, Lex Luthor once DC started writing him as a Kingpin ripoff.

I'm curious about one thing: the corrupt CEO version of Luthor showed up in 1987, around the same time Trump started to become prominent in the public eye; have Byrne or Wolfman ever said whether Luthor had any basis in Trump?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Selachian posted:

Well, that's just the show, right? I don't recall comics Ray Palmer being anything but a college professor. (Of course, show Ray was meant to be a stand-in for Ted Kord.)
My knowledge of comics Ray Palmer is almost zilch so I didn't realize they invented Palmer Industries whole cloth for the TV show

quote:

As for 1%er villains, Steve Dayton (Mento) from the Titans and Doom Patrol is said to be the fifth richest man in the world, or something like that.
There's those brats who took over the Hellfire Club.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Wheat Loaf posted:

Wasn't Professor X a multi-billionaire at one point? I remember that being mentioned when I was reading about New X-Men before I started reading it; after he revealed to the world that he was a mutant he personally financed the creation of the X Corporation (is that still a thing?).

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

site posted:

I cant remember, what was the excuse made for how pete owned the baxter building after sw

Parker Industries bought it.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Wheat Loaf posted:

I'm curious about one thing: the corrupt CEO version of Luthor showed up in 1987, around the same time Trump started to become prominent in the public eye; have Byrne or Wolfman ever said whether Luthor had any basis in Trump?

The one on the right was published in 89

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Skwirl posted:

Hawkeye is definitely rich, but I don't think Hawkeye is. I guess he owns a tenement in New York, but his liquidity is almost nothing.

I thought Kate doesn't touch her dad's money?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I thought he lost all his money?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Probably, so none of the Hawkeyes are rich, although Alan Alda is probably pretty comfortable.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Skwirl posted:

Probably, so none of the Hawkeyes are rich, although Alan Alda is probably pretty comfortable.

Donald Sutherland, too.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Dawgstar posted:

I thought Kate doesn't touch her dad's money?

That doesn't make her not rich.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I've never really read any heroes for hire how does Danny Rand usually justify taking money from people for jobs when he's a billionaire, or does he just give it all to cage

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

site posted:

I've never really read any heroes for hire how does Danny Rand usually justify taking money from people for jobs when he's a billionaire, or does he just give it all to cage

It comes up a lot.

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck

site posted:

His name is literally Rand.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Rochallor posted:

:holymoley:

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Rochallor posted:

:chanpop:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Lurdiak posted:

But didn't he lose all his money?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Rhyno posted:

But didn't he lose all his money?

Reading her series, she sure talks about needing money a lot. While I'm still not sure re: fictional archer financial statements, I did get to read some fun comics so win.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Lurdiak posted:

She can't even afford the $200 for her PI license

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Hey, I'm from Brooklyn. I'm going to call myself Mr. Friendly.

Hawkeye got cut off from the family fortune back in Factions when she left for California.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

howe_sam posted:

She can't even afford the $200 for her PI license

Even if you play at being poor, if you could get your inheritance back by crawling back to daddy and begging, you're still rich.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ainyK6fXku0

Actual poor people don't get to make a moral choice about it.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

why did you link the William Shatner version?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Alaois posted:

It's good. Ben Folds and Joe Jackson.

Unmature
May 9, 2008

Alaois posted:

That song is amazing how dare you

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

I'm not mad or accusatory i'm just wondering why he chose to link the William Shatner version instead of the Pulp version

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I am mad.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Alaois posted:

It's the better version.

ecavalli
Nov 18, 2012

Lurdiak posted:

It's the better version.

Seconded (and I love the Pulp version).

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

Lurdiak posted:

It's the better version.

Make a note: I agree with Lurdiak on something.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I apologize in advance for this but BSS seems to be the only place these topics get discussed with any actual thought.

Do the Hulk and Bruce Banner need each other's consent to have sex since they share a body?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Rhyno posted:

I apologize in advance for this but BSS seems to be the only place these topics get discussed with any actual thought.

Do the Hulk and Bruce Banner need each other's consent to have sex since they share a body?

As long as they aren't tricking someone into thinking they're having sex with the other personality and Hulk form deals with STDs, then no.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Senior Woodchuck posted:

Make a note: I agree with Lurdiak on something.

I agree with myself that both you and Lurdiak are wrong