Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Irukandji Syndrome
Dec 26, 2008
I love playing Winston in total mayhem it's so stupid :xd: I don't really enjoy him in other modes, but his abilities, massive health pool, and insta-heal ult make him an unkillable monstrosity in TM unless the other team is smart enough to have a Sombra.

It's also great when a mercy in is pingponging back and forth like an annoying moth making it impossible to kill her, but as soon as someone dies, she flits over in an extremely telegraphed motion and tries to res. Then I calmly electrocute her to death while she panics and tries to run.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe

Irukandji Syndrome posted:

I love playing Winston

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
I got the pre-patch. God-Queen Symmetra tomorrow?

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

time to play Overwatch again and laser bitches to death

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

Rirse posted:

Looks like the tease for the next hero is starting, which is looking to be the other monkey.

great ape

Skellyscribe
Jan 14, 2008
See how yond justice rails upon yond simple thief. Hark in thine ear: change places and, handy-dandy, which is the justice, which is the thief?

Minrad posted:

great ape

That's a bit presumptuous, we haven't even seen what his abilities are yet.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Rand Brittain posted:

I got the pre-patch. God-Queen Symmetra tomorrow?

Thanks for the warning, uninstalling the game tonight.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Is there any way to fix the lovely bug that been going on with Overwatch since the recent Windows 10 update. Every two days without fail the game will not launch and give me error code 0xE0010160. No solution I found works, as it happens again and again. I always forced to restart my computer to get it to work again, only for it to break two days later.

fromoutofnowhere
Mar 19, 2004

Enjoy it while you can.

Rirse posted:

Is there any way to fix the lovely bug that been going on with Overwatch since the recent Windows 10 update. Every two days without fail the game will not launch and give me error code 0xE0010160. No solution I found works, as it happens again and again. I always forced to restart my computer to get it to work again, only for it to break two days later.

What all have you done to troubleshoot?

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

based on the new teaser, I think hero 28 is hammond in a mech/power armor that turns into a bowling ball

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

SciFiDownBeat posted:

based on the new teaser, I think hero 28 is hammond in a mech/power armor that turns into a bowling ball

As a support main I look forward to being splatted by it constantly.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
Hammond's ult will probably be the super monkey ball, just a high speed run into people and do damage and knockback.

So a bootleg Winston.

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

I GIVE YOU MY INFO YOU LOG IN AND PUT IN BUILD I PAY YOU 3 BLESSINGS

Rirse posted:

Try fully uninstalling the game and deleting all of the leftover directories, then install it fresh. That'll probably fix it for you. I've had zero issues with Overwatch launching or running without crashes; I'm also a Win 10 user.

Perfectly Safe
May 30, 2003

no danger here.

SciFiDownBeat posted:

Which |'m bummed about because I was hoping for him to be a grapple-wielding hero who could use vertical spaces and make Pharah players sad.

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

I trusted a rhino and deserve all that came to me

Looking For Group Function and your career profile is no longer visible to randos? Great patch! Oh, and new Symm. That's cool too.

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
I think this patch is exactly what I needed to combat my burnout with the game. I'm looking forward to endorsements and grouping with people that need tank/support flexes and actually are nice people who want to communicate!

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

I wonder what kind of dps you get just spamming uncharged M2s. They are pretty quick with splash damage, but low damage and no headshots. Could spam people to keep them from regenerating from long range.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

She probably puts out really good dps with the primary fire in long fights. You can reload fast enough to keep your charge level.

If she doesn't die.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
New sym fun

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

resistentialism posted:

I wonder what kind of dps you get just spamming uncharged M2s. They are pretty quick with splash damage, but low damage and no headshots. Could spam people to keep them from regenerating from long range.

If you do a full charge and a half second charge you can kill 200hp targets. The full charge alone should be enough as long as your allies can throw out splash damage.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

I love playing Winston in total mayhem it's so stupid :xd: I don't really enjoy him in other modes, but his abilities, massive health pool, and insta-heal ult make him an unkillable monstrosity in TM unless the other team is smart enough to have a Sombra.

It's also great when a mercy in is pingponging back and forth like an annoying moth making it impossible to kill her, but as soon as someone dies, she flits over in an extremely telegraphed motion and tries to res. Then I calmly electrocute her to death while she panics and tries to run.

:same:

I never play Winston in any other mode. Total Mayhem let's me gorilla jump everywhere, all the time. I can even stay in the air a lot of the time because it cools down before I even hit the ground so I just boost back up again.

I crank my mouse sensitivity so I can look up real quick, gorilla leap upwards, then drop my shield bubble over and over again on the payload or defense point. Just due to the nature of the mode, everyone on the red team won't stop shooting, regardless of what side of the bubble they're on or anything. You can shut down Dvas constant self destruct by bubbling it. You can block off Deadeyes with it. Drop it and protect everyone when you inevitably get stuck together with enemy Graviton. You can envelop a choke point and they'll keep shooting in an effort to break it while your team whittles away on them. It's such a great sheild to spam out there.

Going back to regular Winston sucks after a few hours of Total Mayhem Monkey Mode.

Perfectly Safe
May 30, 2003

no danger here.
Wow, pregrouping is here. If you have friends to play with then make a large stack and get matched against random groups of idiots (may require further testing).

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

Pregrouping: Just play solo Doomfist and punch random group of idiots.

Irukandji Syndrome
Dec 26, 2008

AndyElusive posted:

:same:

I never play Winston in any other mode. Total Mayhem let's me gorilla jump everywhere, all the time. I can even stay in the air a lot of the time because it cools down before I even hit the ground so I just boost back up again.

I crank my mouse sensitivity so I can look up real quick, gorilla leap upwards, then drop my shield bubble over and over again on the payload or defense point. Just due to the nature of the mode, everyone on the red team won't stop shooting, regardless of what side of the bubble they're on or anything. You can shut down Dvas constant self destruct by bubbling it. You can block off Deadeyes with it. Drop it and protect everyone when you inevitably get stuck together with enemy Graviton. You can envelop a choke point and they'll keep shooting in an effort to break it while your team whittles away on them. It's such a great sheild to spam out there.

Going back to regular Winston sucks after a few hours of Total Mayhem Monkey Mode.
This guy gets it!

It's so fun to troll the poo poo out of Sombra, too, because any damage interrupts her hack. Just walk forward slowly electrocuting her while she futilely shoots her peashooter at you, not used to not being able to do whatever she wants with impunity.

I love Sombra in that mode, too, but it's really easy to ruin her day if you know what you're doing.

The new endorsement system is out and I'm already noticing people being really friendly and coordinated. It's almost like the people begging for this feature for months had a point or something :abrathink:

Perfectly Safe
May 30, 2003

no danger here.
I am getting random endorsements all over the place. Even from the game where I had a row with one of the other players. It's weird. Lucky I'm such a delight.

e: Now I'm worried that my natural good cheer and politeness is going to come off as grubbing for endorsements.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

This guy gets it!

It's so fun to troll the poo poo out of Sombra, too, because any damage interrupts her hack. Just walk forward slowly electrocuting her while she futilely shoots her peashooter at you, not used to not being able to do whatever she wants with impunity.

I love Sombra in that mode, too, but it's really easy to ruin her day if you know what you're doing.

Hell yeah, I just keep my M1 held down every game letting lightening stream out constantly so any Sombras who try to hack me usually end up sucking electricity.

I even like jumping up to where Pharah likes to hang out during Mayhem and just keep leaping up to her altitude to give her a few volts because they practically never touch the ground and even with the added health they're still weak as poo poo.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

The new endorsement system is out and I'm already noticing people being really friendly and coordinated. It's almost like the people begging for this feature for months had a point or something :abrathink:
I saw a bunch of people whining about "but what about people being fake nice!!!" and it's like...you see these people for half an hour, tops. How is fake nice any different from real nice?

New Sym owns btw. Her left click is too weak for how short range it is for sure, and I hope it gets buffed, but the orbs are cool, the teleporter is REALLY cool, the new turrets are a gamechanger, and I'm coming around on the ult. It builds fast enough that you can use it for a BUNCH of teamfights, and people are getting better at juking around it.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
While I like the new Sym, I am so much worst with her now. Maybe I just getting awful teammates who don't know how to kill a single Tracer spawn camping.

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

Symmetra's new M1 is laughably bad and it wasn't until I started spamming M2 as my primary that I started to reliably get kills. Feels real good to blast Pharahs out of the sky with it.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

Rirse posted:

While I like the new Sym, I am so much worst with her now. Maybe I just getting awful teammates who don't know how to kill a single Tracer spawn camping.
You can roast single Tracers. Place turrets and aim orbs where her feet will be, don't try to M1 her.

Max Awfuls
Sep 10, 2011
I love how cloyingly nice QP has been today, healers as far as the eye can see, people asking to group up on attacks and actually going through with it. thanking people for the slightest heal or help... I give it a week, before people realize there's so many endorsements going around after every match that only the biggest, most toxic assholes aren't going to get swamped in them and that they can get back to being their old selfish selves. It's also a great indictement of the whole community, you weren't being DPS only assholes because you didn't know better, you chose to be that way until Blizzard dangled shiny rewards in front of your greedy little eyes.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Wow what a shame the game got better.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

First impressions of the new patch:

Pros: Everything in the patch
Cons: Somehow it put me on a 300ms ping south american server with a bunch of people speaking portugese

DeliciousCookie
Mar 4, 2011

Max Awfuls posted:

I love how cloyingly nice QP has been today, healers as far as the eye can see, people asking to group up on attacks and actually going through with it. thanking people for the slightest heal or help... I give it a week, before people realize there's so many endorsements going around after every match that only the biggest, most toxic assholes aren't going to get swamped in them and that they can get back to being their old selfish selves. It's also a great indictement of the whole community, you weren't being DPS only assholes because you didn't know better, you chose to be that way until Blizzard dangled shiny rewards in front of your greedy little eyes.

Yeah its weird how the community suddenly shifted. I've had nothing but great games today, people being rather nice, grouping up properly, playing things not just DPS. It has been amazing. I hope it doesn't revert though, its really nice playign with people who aren't being selfish.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I can't believe how much better horizon looks. It doesn't look like a punishment anymore, it looks like a real map.

Max Awfuls
Sep 10, 2011

DeliciousCookie posted:

Yeah its weird how the community suddenly shifted. I've had nothing but great games today, people being rather nice, grouping up properly, playing things not just DPS. It has been amazing. I hope it doesn't revert though, its really nice playign with people who aren't being selfish.

They have to cut down, on the amounts of endorsements you can give per day or match so it actually means something, otherwise by the end of next month every single active player in the game will be a certified great teammate, a wonderful sport and a born leader. It wil be absolutelly meaningless and will correlate to actual team play as badly as leveling up correlates to being a good player, and people will move on from it because you can be an absolute poo poo and still point to your shiny rec status to show you're not.

belt
May 12, 2001

by Nyc_Tattoo
Unless misunderstand the LFG system it doesn’t really matter how many endorsements a person get if they return to being a shithead, because then their poo poo gets reset right?

Max Awfuls
Sep 10, 2011

belt posted:

Unless misunderstand the LFG system it doesn’t really matter how many endorsements a person get if they return to being a shithead, because then their poo poo gets reset right?

I might be interpreting things wrong, but considering endorsements are being handed out like candy at the end of games, wouldn't your run of the mill, not overtly toxic shithead who plays 50 games a day get whatever achivement they're going to dole out faster than an absolute angel who plays 3 or 4 matches a day? And wouldn't he be able to maintain it that very same way?

This is purely anecdotical, but today I had a game where I was dumped into the last 10 seconds, got the victory screen and 2 recs for doing absolutely nothing, and then in the following I dragged a miserable team almost to the finish line in Dorado, got 5 Gold medals as Moira and didn't get a single rec because people were obviously annoyed for losing and were probably busy reporting people out of spite.

Perfectly Safe
May 30, 2003

no danger here.
If you're an angel then you'll get TONS of endorsements. Joe Schmoe will get maybe one or two per game. It sounds like the endorsement level degrades over games rather than time, so if you don't keep getting endorsements regularly then you'll end up not moving. The problem that I see is that you get 3 per game and, you know, if your team didn't actually interact but did win...do you give them out? Hopefully, rarely given endorsements are somehow worth more than if you hand them out like candy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

million dollar mack
Aug 20, 2006
Larson ain't getting this cow.

Perfectly Safe posted:

If you're an angel then you'll get TONS of endorsements. Joe Schmoe will get maybe one or two per game. It sounds like the endorsement level degrades over games rather than time, so if you don't keep getting endorsements regularly then you'll end up not moving. The problem that I see is that you get 3 per game and, you know, if your team didn't actually interact but did win...do you give them out? Hopefully, rarely given endorsements are somehow worth more than if you hand them out like candy.

It's also pretty fresh, that "Stay as group" button got a workout when it was released but it may as well not exist now