Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Lurdiak posted:

It's the better version.

okay now i actually am mad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
how about now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYWB_o7_9Fo

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Rhyno posted:

I apologize in advance for this but BSS seems to be the only place these topics get discussed with any actual thought.

Do the Hulk and Bruce Banner need each other's consent to have sex since they share a body?

Hmm well if theyre loving different people my feeling is no but like if betty was dating bruce but she wanted to bang it out when hulk was out id say thatd be pretty dicey territory without Bruce's consent

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Hulk definitely jerks it without asking.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Teenage Fansub posted:

Hulk definitely jerks it without asking.

No one should ask if they can jerk it unless that's their kink.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Yeah let's not kid ourselves this is all academic hulk doesn't give a poo poo

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
I might be misremembering but doesn't this sort of come up early-ish in PAD's run with Joe Fixit and Marlo? I could be totally off.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

site posted:

Yeah let's not kid ourselves this is all academic hulk doesn't give a poo poo

I was gonna say that traditionally everything Hulk does, down to existing, is against Bruce's wishes.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

ecavalli posted:

Seconded (and I love the Pulp version).

I am also in agreement. Shatner's version is the better song.

And that's thirded so the motion is passed.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Rhyno posted:

I apologize in advance for this but BSS seems to be the only place these topics get discussed with any actual thought.

Do the Hulk and Bruce Banner need each other's consent to have sex since they share a body?
So dissociative identity disorder is a real thing in the real world and gives some sort of idea of how this would be handled. From a *legal* standpoint, people with severe mental illnesses can be found to be unable to consent to sex, so it could theoretically be impossible to legally have sex with Banner/Hulk (though it comes down to whether they want to press charges). A scan of a forum suggests that people with DID handle it different ways - one person indicated that they let the adult personalities come to a consensus whether they want to have sex with someone, and push back any little personalities. Another person said that no, there is ONE boss personality that makes the decision for everyone. Basically, it will come down to the individuals involved. Given that Banner and Hulk have a very antagonistic relationship with each other, they probably don't care about getting the other's consent.

Another thing to recognize is that consent can be revoked at any time for any reason (including no reason) during a sexual encounter. Changing personalities is certainly a point where someone having sex with Banner/Hulk would probably want to stop and ensure that they can continue what they're doing. It's not like it's hard to tell when there's been a switch.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Endless Mike posted:

So dissociative identity disorder is a real thing in the real world

There's not exactly consensus on that one. An increasingly popular theory is that there really aren't any different personalities, it's just something people with DID symptoms tell themselves to cope.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

It's real enough to be in the DSM-5. I recognize that it's not a perfect text and it updated regularly, but there's at least enough recognition for it to be included there.

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck
It depends a lot on what kind of relationship Banner and Hulk have, since that changes from time to time. It's possible that Marvel universe law has some precedent to establish whether two people in the same body are legally distinct people or not.

This question is doubly uncomfortable because there's apparently only two lawyers who deal with superhuman stuff, so if Matt Murdock is knee deep in casework Jen Walters is gonna have to handle this one.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

TwoPair posted:

I was gonna say that traditionally everything Hulk does, down to existing, is against Bruce's wishes.

(Bruce Banner turning away from a gamma-irradiated forest) "It was against my better judgment."

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

The real question is whether Bruce and the Hulk are legally distinct entities, or if the Hulk is considered a medical condition.

If they're legally distinct then I think Hulk or Bruce could legally gently caress independent of the other's wishes. Whether this would have some traumatic effect on Bruce is certainly a different matter but legally I could see it going that way.

If the Hulk is treated like a medical condition it'd be like having sex with someone in a coma. Hulk couldn't legally consent on Bruce's behalf. The other party, not Hulk, would be the rapist in this scenario.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

purple death ray posted:

The real question is whether Bruce and the Hulk are legally distinct entities, or if the Hulk is considered a medical condition.

If they're legally distinct then I think Hulk or Bruce could legally gently caress independent of the other's wishes. Whether this would have some traumatic effect on Bruce is certainly a different matter but legally I could see it going that way.

If the Hulk is treated like a medical condition it'd be like having sex with someone in a coma. Hulk couldn't legally consent on Bruce's behalf. The other party, not Hulk, would be the rapist in this scenario.

Judge I will be arguing that Bruce Banner and the Hulk are legally distinct and separate beings.

In my arguments I will be relying on the fact that Bruce Banner had an entire life independent of the Hulk before he came into existence.
That the Hulk has been shown to have an entire life independent of Bruce Banner after he dies.
That the Hulk and Bruce Banner have been shown to have children who are regarded as definitively “the Hulk’s children” or “Bruce Banner’s children.”
And lastly, the time when the two were seperated, had independent bodies and tried to kill each other.

If the court would turn to tab 2 in my book of pleadings, I shall commence with my first point...

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

I wonder if some variety of Siamese twin case law precedent would be relevant.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Comics are admissible in court in the Marvel U so just find the decades of comics where we see Banner watching in horror as Hulk does Hulk things.

ecavalli
Nov 18, 2012

Scaramouche posted:

I wonder if some variety of Siamese twin case law precedent would be relevant.

It was, but only up until 1939. Now, you'd need to refer to Thai case law, which mostly focuses on tasty noodle dishes and how to decapitate someone with a flying knee strike.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

ecavalli posted:

It was, but only up until 1939. Now, you'd need to refer to Thai case law, which mostly focuses on tasty noodle dishes and how to decapitate someone with a flying knee strike.

He's talking about an actual thing, there were Siamese twins (the conjoined twins who were Siamese and are the reason that term exists) and one of them was a massive drunk and got arrested for assault, but because the other one was attached and wasn't a drunk who assaulted people they were released because it would have been unfair to him to be in jail.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Just hire the oher twin to be a jailer

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Skwirl posted:

He's talking about an actual thing, there were Siamese twins (the conjoined twins who were Siamese and are the reason that term exists) and one of them was a massive drunk and got arrested for assault, but because the other one was attached and wasn't a drunk who assaulted people they were released because it would have been unfair to him to be in jail.

That was a Tales From the Crypt episode.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Rhyno posted:

That was a Tales From the Crypt episode.

All the best Tales from the Crypt episodes are based on true stories.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Endless Mike posted:

Comics are admissible in court in the Marvel U so just find the decades of comics where we see Banner watching in horror as Hulk does Hulk things.

Though to wrap this back to where we started, Banner seemed pretty drat okay with that time Umar showed Hulk a good time.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Banner should be okay with Hulk having sex. Means he's not smashing.

Well, ok that's a euphemism for sex but you know what I mean. He's not out there destroying, I should say. Actually no, that doesn't sound much different. What can't be construed as getting laid? He's not going around... ruining lives? I dunno.

ecavalli
Nov 18, 2012

Skwirl posted:

Yes, and I was making a joke about the 1939 conversion of Siam into Thailand, a country famous for its tasty noodle dishes and talented kickboxers. I apologize for derailing the dumb derail with a more esoteric (yet also dumb) derail.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I would definitely argue that Bruce and Hulk are two different bodies.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Endless Mike posted:

but also the ones where banner is in control of the hulk

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

ecavalli posted:

Yes, and I was making a joke about the 1939 conversion of Siam into Thailand, a country famous for its tasty noodle dishes and talented kickboxers. I apologize for derailing the dumb derail with a more esoteric (yet also dumb) derail.

I enjoyed the additional derail. :)

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Retro Futurist posted:

I would definitely argue that Bruce and Hulk are two different bodies.

This was going to be my argument. Banner and Hulk are not two minds sharing one body so much as they are two completely separate physical entities that occupy the same physical space time. It's really almost more of a Shazam/Billy Batson or Quasar/Rick Jones scenario, except instead of relying on magic or it's cousin Space Magic, it's an emotional trigger. When Billy and Shazam swap places, where does Billy go?

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

CzarChasm posted:

This was going to be my argument. Banner and Hulk are not two minds sharing one body so much as they are two completely separate physical entities that occupy the same physical space time. It's really almost more of a Shazam/Billy Batson or Quasar/Rick Jones scenario, except instead of relying on magic or it's cousin Space Magic, it's an emotional trigger. When Billy and Shazam swap places, where does Billy go?

Captain Marvel/ Rick jones I think you mean. And if Billy and Shazam arent the same person then him dating Stargirl when she was the same age as billy but much younger than shazam loops back round to creepy again.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

site posted:

but also the ones where banner is in control of the hulk

Look I'm not here to help the cops okay?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

So I'm reading through The Black Mirror (Scott Snyder's pre-New 52 Dickbats stuff) and and James Gordon Junior is in it as a seemingly reformed psychopath. The only other thing I've read with him in it is Year One where he's a baby, are their stories where Jim Gordon finds out his son is a killer or whatever? are they any good? what happened?

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Skwirl posted:

So I'm reading through The Black Mirror (Scott Snyder's pre-New 52 Dickbats stuff) and and James Gordon Junior is in it as a seemingly reformed psychopath. The only other thing I've read with him in it is Year One where he's a baby, are their stories where Jim Gordon finds out his son is a killer or whatever? are they any good? what happened?

As far as I know he went to be raised by his mom after Jim and Barbara (the mom) split and the Junior already had a taste for torturing little animals but we never heard about because it was outside of Gotham. Speaking of which, is Barbara (the wife) dead in the comics? I liked her in Year 1 for what we saw of her

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Apparently not.

http://batman.wikia.com/wiki/Barbara_Eileen_Gordon

quote:

DCnU

Following the Flashpoint continuity changes to the DC Universe that brought about The New 52, Barbara mentions to her new roommate, Alysia Yeoh, that instead of dying or divorcing Jim Gordon properly, her mother walked out on her, James Jr. and her father Jim Sr. On Christmas morning, when Barbara and Alysia are opening presents, the doorbell rings, and Barbara finds her mother waiting for her outside.

It was revealed that Barbara had left her family because of her son James' sociopathic behavior. James Jr. one day threatened to kill Barbara Jr. if Barbara Sr. did not leave the family. Fearing for the safety of her family, and due to her own emotional weakness, she abruptly abandoned the family in the hopes it would spare the life of her daughter. While Babs understood how dangerous, it was difficult for her to trust her mother.

Barbara Sr. was later kidnapped by the Joker, who had supposedly figured out the secret identities of the entire Bat-family, and used Batgirl's mother as blackmail to force Batgirl into marriage with him, going so far as to cutting off Barbara Sr.'s finger. Batgirl was able to save her mother, but the family would again be targeted by James Jr. who intended to make good on his promise to his mother that he would kill Barbara if she returned.

I think I quit launch Batgirl before she turned up and I don't think she was mentioned in Burnside Batgirl at all.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
jim jr, barbara jr, the gordons dont have a creative bone in their bodies

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Makes it even more confusing. I thought Barbara (junior) was Jim's (senior) niece who he adopted after the divorce. drat you continuity.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Madkal posted:

Makes it even more confusing. I thought Barbara (junior) was Jim's (senior) niece who he adopted after the divorce. drat you continuity.

She was at one point I think?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Skwirl posted:

I know James Jr. was in the N52 Suicide Squad for a bit but Suicide Squad got relaunched a stupid number of times in N52 and I quit it quick. It did not seem good, but then, I've hated the vast majority of Suicide Squad material I've read in the past.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I thought 'New Suicide Squad' under Tim Seeley was pretty good. Better than the series on either side of it, anyway.
Neato Juan Ferreyra art.